Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I was walking to my car today in my apartment complex and was walking by a neighbors window, all of his blinds and curtains were open and the lights were on. I kinda looked in as I was walking by, and saw that he was walking around naked, I stopped for a sec and did a double take, as he was turning around and saw me. Should I mention it and like apologize? He mentioned the other day he is going out of town today for the holidays today. If I wait till I see him and apologize is that weird? I don't know what to do but the look on his face was very weird and seemed upset/peeped on.

Any advice would be cool.

tjh1204

Legendary Member
Media
Charlotte (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was walking to my car today in my apartment complex and was walking by a neighbors window, all of his blinds and curtains were open and the lights were on. I kinda looked in as I was walking by, and saw that he was walking around naked, I stopped for a sec and did a double take, as he was turning around and saw me. Should I mention it and like apologize? He mentioned the other day he is going out of town today for the holidays today. If I wait till I see him and apologize is that weird? I don't know what to do but the look on his face was very weird and seemed upset/peeped on.

Maybe if he doesn’t want to be seen then he should close his blinds!!!! That’s kinda how it works. Now if you went out of your way to spy on him then that’s creepy. If you were walking by and stopped to take in the sights, nothing wrong there. Either way,
There’s nothing to mention. If he has a problem, it’s his problem. Someone else can explain the importance of shutting one’s blinds if you don’t want to be seen naked. Afterwards they can explain that 1+1=2.
Spend your energy pondering world hunger, income inequality, and nuclear war instead.

batnballs67

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It sounds like you know him well enough for him to tell you he is leaving town. Next time you talk to him let him know you were surprised to see him naked with his blinds open. Laugh it off and give him a compliment if he deserves it, or tell him he needs to do more sit-ups if he's gonna keep the blinds open.

If he's bothered that you saw him, it sounds like he should have kept his windows covered and he screwed up, not the guy on the street who saw him.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A more worthy discussion is why a 1% gay guy is interested in nude male bodies.

Actually a more worthy discussion is why a 1% straight guy is answering the OP in "Ask a straight man"?

figgnewton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Blinds and curtains open and walking around nude? He wanted to be seen. Why apologize unless you want him to know your interested.

Reactions: tjh1204

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

If there are minors on your complex I would tell him to be more careful.
There are plenty of explanations why the guy was naked perhaps his clothes cached fire and have to remove them who cares it’s his house and technically can do whatever he wants.
If you are thinking this is a kind sign to you? Is not anyone could have saw him.
Now if he is walking naked with a white flag on his ass, that’s your sign.

Reactions: Gj816 and ronin001

MrTMT

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
@Hou_guy , I don't think you did anything that need to apologize. Not like you're sneaking around and got caught "peeking or peeping", as everything were wide open and anyone can see what you've seen.
My takes are: since we're guys, I don't think it's anything to be a concern, if this is a female, it's a little bit awkward for sure.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Don't know why you'd feel the need to say anything. Based upon everything you said and his reaction it was not something he did purposefully and may not have even realized he could be seen from the outside. If he clearly seemed embarrassed, best to just let it go and never mention it to him unless in the unlikely event he brings it up first.

I witnessed unexpectedly nudity several times when I worked at hotels. Some I may have felt didn't care or it was even on purpose, while with others the person was clearly chagrined. No matter the impression I got, I never felt the urge to mention it to them should I have run into them again later. I would act the same way if it was a neighbor or other non-work situation as well. A does not always equal B and seeing someone nude unexpectedly does not always mean they wanted to be seen or have a sexual interest in you; most of the time it is just an accident. It also is a matter of context and he could have felt you were purposely watching if it seemed to him you were standing there staring before he noticed you. In the situations I've experienced I always made sure after I got an eyeful to instead act like I didn't and quicky move on, especially before they noticed, if they didn't right away.

So say nothing and whatever you do don't be a creeper and create situations where you "just happen" to be walking by his house or window more frequently hoping to catch another peek. If it was truly an accident, you might create more serious issues.

Reactions: nicnic and Gj816

Perfectsix

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I didn’t realise our neighbour had seen me sunbathing naked in the garden until she started waving her little pinkie finger at me from across the road and laughing!
We’ve spoken since and she’s quite happy for me to continue with my nude sunbathing

Reactions: ToryK

jtheimpaler

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Haha he probably forgot…. And poss might be embarrassed about it… bringing it up will only entrench that…. I’d just put it down to timing

Reactions: Gj816

He is at his place doing whatever. If he does not want to be seen naked, then he should not walk naked or close the blinds.

I wouldn't say nothing to him, there is no reason why you should

D

deleted8788711

Nothing to apologize for. He needs to close the curtains if he doesn't want you to see. If he is truly embarrassed or upset, then bringing it up in conversation won't help.

Reactions: Gj816