Awkward Pants Size

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Namenda, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Namenda

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm a tall, thin person with a pants size of 30-31 waist, 34-36 length. Are there others out there that wear this pants size. Can you tell me where you shop to get your jeans and all? It'd be nice to have a pair of jeans that actually fit me well in all the right places.

Thanks!!!

2. TaigaStar

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm not that size, but maybe try a "big & tall" shop because they cater to sizes that aren't very common. Otherwise, maybe check out an Old Navy (I've seen some pretty long lengths in the stores)

3. junkere

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I also have the same problem... It is very difficult to get 30 waist, so I always wear 32 waist and put on a tight belt, and wear the rather low with long t shirts :(

The only pants I have that really fit me well are custom made for a suit.

I understand your pain.

4. House21

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I always have trouble finding pants. Apparently a 40 inch waist with a 33 inch inseam is pretty rare. Often times I have to buy pants that are either too short and look like high waters, or too long and look bunched up at the ankles.

5. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have had this problem all my life. I wear a 29-30 waist, with a 33-34 inseam. I have found the best the Internet site to buy the coolest clothes.
    I've been buying them for about 2 years now. This place is in Germany, everything is priced in Euro and you have to pay an international shipping rate. Just find a currency converter website to find the USA dollar amount.

OBOY - Your Online Shop for Underwear, Swimwear, Fashion & More

Side bar: Don't you just hate it when people say your lucky to be skinny, they don't realize that we have the same problem that larger people have when it comes to clothes.

6. D_Crystallized Ginger

I had the same problem as the op when I was really thin ... having a 31 waist along with a 34 inseam makes hard to find jeans, now my waist overcomes my inseam at 36 and I find all the jeans I want but I wish I had my thin waist back (btw I m working on it)

7. monel

Gold Member

I wear 32" - 34" pants and I know that Levi's has the range you need especially in their slim/straight cut (512's). In fact I accidently bought a pair of 31" - 34" that was mixed in with the 32" 's.

8. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I wear exactly the same size as you do. I buy my jeans and most of my trousers at Barney's. (They are not easy to find, you have to buy them when you see them)

9. musclebare9

Gold Member

Ah, it sucks to be one of us. School shopping used to take forever. When I was in high school, I wore 29"W x 36" length. The size didn't exist for the most part so I didn't have many pairs of pants. I would get 30x36 if I could find them and wear a tight belt. I didn't wear a lot of jeans. I would get other types of pants where my mom could let the hem out. I do the same today for dress pants. I get pants with a cuff and then drop the cuff. Now that I am many years older, I have graduated to a 32" waist and it is somewhat easier to find pants. It does seem like the world is getting fatter. A 32" waistline is even becoming more scarce. Add that to the 36" inseam for more shopping fun.

Most large department stores only stock the common sizes. They do offer many other sizes in their catalogs. JC Penneys has many catalog options. The Big and Tall stores suck. They are exactly what they are called; Big AND Tall. They don't have smaller waist sizes. You have to be tall and fat to shop there.

10. knight_71

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    american eagle carries most of the sizes listed they are a little pricey but good quality. make sure u try them on their sizing is a little strange based on the cut.

11. SCSea

SCSea Member

Buckle stores will order up to a 38 length, I think...I don't know about their waist assortment.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Indidenim.com - I use them for solving for my flat butt/big calves/stumpy legs problem (I fit best in a 35/29) - not cheap, but well worth it for having a pair that fits perfectly.

12. hungcowboy

hungcowboy New Member

I'm a (28)30x34, and have actually found that at American Eagle. It's been rare, but sometimes you just get lucky.

13. Namenda

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It's such a relief to know that I'm not alone in this haha
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. As a college student, though, I'm not trying to buy expensive jeans, but I guess now I can look at those sites for sales and what not.

14. nudeyorker

Gold Member

:lmao: At ever finding a 30X36 on sale! But you can dream!

15. cdog204

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm a 32 waist 34 length and that's hard enough. Good luck.

16. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm 6'6" and 175lbs; my ideal pants size would be about a 31 waist and 36 inseam. Needless to say, this size cannot be found. In order to shop at a big and tall shop, you need to be both big and tall, meaning pants from there don't work for me. I usually wind up having to order pants online, as most stores do not carry pants with a 36 inseam. (my in-store pants-shopping always starts with me asking an employee if they carry pants with a 36 inseam.) Even when I do buy online, I often need to settle for pants with a 34 waist (as 32/36 pants apparently don't exist), and then I just need to cinch it with a belt.

17. nicecircjob

nicecircjob Well-Known Member

Check out Wranglers jeans. I have several pair of 29-30 waist and 36 length. I bought them long so they would um. . . .' stack' at the bottom of my legs. My actual best length is 29-30. I am out of the Western wear 'look' now. Just the jeans and cowboy hat remain. I was told by many I looked good in that apparal. But in summertime I
    always wear shorts. Shorts and cowboy hats and boots don't go well together. But yeah I alway bought Wranglers Slim Fit
    jeans in those sizes and they are not expensive. I now exclusively wear Levis "Skinny" jeans when summer is over. 29-30
    waist and 30 length. I don't think the "Skinny" jeans would fit over my cowboy boots.

Draft saved Draft deleted