Babies Know Good People When They See Them

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I think our intuitions fade because we are taught to trust in knowledge and other things that are supposed to make sense, when the truth is I think God (because I believe in God) gives us those intuitions as a way for our protection and a way in which to hear Him speak to us...I don't believe people "hear" God audibly. We are taught as we get older to not rely on this but rather to rely on our education. How many times have you not listened to that gut feeling and wished you had? It's there for a reason, and people would do better to acknowledge it.
Okay I can accept that.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mine knows. If it's someone she likes, she'll start talking up a storm. If she doesn't, you get "the stare" which is usually follwed by me getting the "What the hell are you doing showing me off to this no good idiot for?"

What can I say? Like father like daughter.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
What's funny is that all of my nephews and nieces cried the first time I held them, yet now they all can't stop bugging me to spend the night.:biggrin:

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My youngest brother's daughter has always taken right to me without hesitation, she being the youngest. His son wanted to, but was a bit timid about it, (probably because of his bi-polar whack job of a mom) but now won't leave my side when I'm around. (probably because I'm far better at video games than his dad. (always have been))

My younger brother's daughter just would not take to anyone. It took her about 6 days to warm up to mom and dad. Heaven forbid it should be anyone else. She warmed up to me in 5 minutes and was playing with me until the time I left. My brother and his wife were just amazed. I'll tease my dad about it doing the "She likes ME better!!" thing. That always annoys dad.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, dogs love me. Babies love me.
I love dogs.They come to me at once.
Does the fact that I am boen in the year of
the dog in the Chinese astrological calendar
have anything to do with that? Who knows.
I love babies and would love to have a few of
them. Babies will come to me wilingly even when
according to their parents they never let anyone
hold them. If there is a fussy, cranky or crying baby
in a room I will take the baby and it will be calm at once.
Of course if I am to have a baby or babies, I need an attractive
not crazy baby mamma. Any takers? lol!

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Hmmm, interesting.

I thought it was just a case of face recognition. Babies will look, smile, and coo at you out of mimickry, and it can get a little more sophisticated, too. Some faces have more apparent "microcues" -- these very, very minute, tiny details that others can read or detect emotion from -- and because babies' brains are wiring and firing away so much more rapidly, they can probably detect these things with ease and a lot more accurately than older people. We age, so, I guess some people need to be hit over the head with the mallet of your point in order to get it.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always been the Pied Piper of children and small animals to the point that its startling, although I love it because I love them. .
Me too...kids and animals just are drawn to me and when I go for a walk, the neighborhood cats follow me in a line...it's very funny!

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
anyway lucky for me I still have that intuition about people not liking me if I would just rember to trust it ...

I have that and use that feeling a lot around new people. It comes in quite handy

Wow! That's even worse than I thought.

So either
they are so distrustful of you that they won't let you out of their sight
or
they are really curious trying to figure out why on earth you don't like them when you otherwise seem like such a nice guy

or maybe it's both or maybe i'm wrong (because not all babies think the same way I do lol)

Well, the 'nice guy' part is debatable. I don't think I am one but that's a story for another time:smile: I just thought it was always weird to just be stared at. Even if I touch them, they won't cry or anything they'll just stare until they get bored and do something else.

Animals have given me no trouble at all. I remember a few times when an animal that would generally rip someone's head off would allow me to be close to and touch them.

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hmmm, interesting.
I thought it was just a case of face recognition. Babies will look, smile, and coo at you out of mimickry, and it can get a little more sophisticated, too. Some faces have more apparent "microcues" -- these very, very minute, tiny details that others can read or detect emotion from -- and because babies' brains are wiring and firing away so much more rapidly, they can probably detect these things with ease and a lot more accurately than older people. We age, so, I guess some people need to be hit over the head with the mallet of your point in order to get it.

Of course you are right that empirical micro-cues are part of what they are picking up on, but I think a lot of it is various so-called sixth senses, such as detecting electromagnetical energies for example, which we all naturally have, but which are normally conditioned out of us at an early age ..

I am pretty certain that if a baby is transfixed by one then one is emitting some rather powerful electromagnetic energies ...
(one might want to try that trick with other sentient beings (i.e. not most adults) but maybe one could charm a cobra or something (no, just joking, but most animals do also pick up on these things, because they dont suffer the brainwashing that we humans are subjected to (or subject ourselves to)))