baby makin'

D_Edwin Eatser

Sexy Member
Media
Sex was really good when my ex and i were trying for a baby. She conceived very quickly, we're both convinced it happened one particular night when we both kept on without much sleep. Fortunately she wasn't as fertile our first time, when we didn't use contraception. Married and in our 20s was a better time to breed than single and fifteen!

amshy23

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Having experienced infertility myself, I second the advice that it may be time to contact your doctor for some testing. I was told that most couples take an average of 6 months, and usually the one year mark is where doctors (at least here in Canada) will start to investigate why you aren't conceiving.
If you think it is just that it is hard to know if you're timing things right, I used a "clearblue" fertility monitor, which tells you the 1 or 2 days of peak fertility during her cycle.
With us, once we figured out I have PCOS and I took clomid to regulate/cause ovulation we were successful after 3 months and have a wonderful daughter who just turned one.
HTH!

BayAreaGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Woman lay flat on her stomach and you entering from behind. This is one of the deepest positions and is one of the "dominant" ones that produce a higher-than-expected number of boys.

Gender Selection: the Shettles Method | Ovulation Calculator

Sorry, but that's not accepted anymore. Shettles wrote that book in the 60s, and in the 50 years since, the method has been proven ineffective (i.e., false). Wilcox, A. J., Weinberg, C. R., & Baird, D. D. (1995). Timing of sexual intercourse in relation to ovulation. Effects on the probability of conception, survival of the pregnancy, and sex of the baby. The New England Journal of Medicine, 333(23), 1517–1521.

There ARE methods to increase the chances of a boy or girl, but they involve either invitro fertilization methods or sperm sorting. CLICK HERE for more info on that.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My Co-worker swears by

Blowing the balls off: Girl
Not Blowing your balls off: Boy

It's probably utter nonsense, but it worked for him. Had a boy and a girl.

But a visit to the fertility doc may be in order. That new bull in the pen may be true for some people. Some people are not genetically compatable to have children.
It's a part of parental planning that many people don't do. Not only does it tell you if your compatable, but looks at the genetic makeup from the mother and father and makes a determination on a healthy or non healthy child, and the risks involved.
We learned this the hard way from a co-worker. He and his wife had a baby, but didn't do the testing up front. They had a child with a rare disease both parents were unknowingly carriers of. Sadly his daughter passed after one year, from an extremely painful disease.

Not to be insensitive at all - but would be worth a professional genetics test to make sure mother nature isn't preventing it from happening.

Last edited: