Baby Stewie is Gay!?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seth MacFarlane: Baby Stewie From 'Family Guy' Is Gay

Seth MacFarlane is finally spilling the secrets of "Family Guy" -- including the fact that, yes, baby Stewie is gay.

"We had an episode that went all the way to the script phase in which Stewie does come out," MacFarlane, the show's creator, says in the September issue of Playboy magazine. "It had to do with the harassment he took from other kids at school. He ends up going back in time to prevent a passage in Leviticus from being written: 'Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is an abomination.'
Is this really a news story? :confused: I've seen maybe 6 episodes of this show and I new he was gay immediately.:tongue::rolleyes:

blg3floor3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I read awhile back that they deliberately kept it ambiguous all these years by not saying anything one way or the other. Since he seemed gay, but appeared to have an attraction to females and even dated them on occasion, I just always figured he was bi.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've never seen the show, but I think I read in Variety last week that Fox cancelled them!
Not the show-at least not yet.

What did happen, was an episode was pulled. Fox Aborts Controversial "Family Guy" Episode - ABC News The episode was about abortion, and-big non-surprise here-a major reason not to air it was concerns about advertising, or more preciscely, ad revenues. Not to be detracted or deterred; there is good news: The episode will be on the Season-8 DVD collection

D

deleted213967

According to my calculations, Stewie is '10% Straight, 90% Gay'. I've counted a few episodes in which he falls for a female character, including one where his 'wee-wee' experiences 'rigo mortis' when he catches cheerleaders undress in the locker room.

All bullshit aside, Stewie Griffin is the most honest gay character I've ever seen in commercial media.

Stewie's gay the way it is; conflicted about his sexual feelings, frustrated with his lack of status and power, finds himself smarter than most other people, and seeks to use his high native intelligence to control others and his environment. Stewie appreciates finesse and refinement. He's not like any other member of his family or their friends who he finds crude and ridiculous. Stewie's few attempts to befriend children his own age, who he considers generally beneath him, have resulted in heartbreak, disdain, and disappointment. The one friend he has and respects is Brian, an older, wiser, but world-weary male who accepts Stewie and appreciates his talents despite his narcissism and naivete.

Very much unlike other gay media characters, save perhaps for Will Truman, Stewie isn't all about being gay. He's not a stereotype setup for comic relief even if he can sing and dance. He'll find himself attracted to girls one moment and not the next. He can be butch or fey, he can be elated, sad, witty, or pathetic. He's as conflicted and human as everyone else. And we see it! Stewie vocalizes his interior monologue. We see his fantasies and hear his insecurities more than any other character. Maybe that's because Stewie's still a toddler. Were he an adult, we'd find him insufferable though when Stewie found himself as an adult, he discovered himself to be a closeted virgin living one of those lives of quiet desperation. Stewie returned back to his time and changed that.

I'm glad that Stewie is finally out of the closet because perhaps it will help straight people understand something about what being gay is like and how confusing it can be.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All bullshit aside, Stewie Griffin is the most honest gay character I've ever seen in commercial media.

Stewie's gay the way it is; conflicted about his sexual feelings,
frustrated with his lack of status and power, finds himself smarter than most other people, and seeks to use his high native intelligence to control others and his environment. Stewie appreciates finesse and refinement. He's not like any other member of his family or their friends who he finds crude and ridiculous. Stewie's few attempts to befriend children his own age, who he considers generally beneath him, have resulted in heartbreak, disdain, and disappointment.
OMG! I'm a gay man, minus the sexual confusion. :eek::tongue:The one friend he has and respects is Brian, an older, wiser, but world-weary male who accepts Stewie and appreciates his talents despite his narcissism and naivete.

Very much unlike other gay media characters, save perhaps for Will Truman, Stewie isn't all about being gay. He's not a stereotype setup for comic relief even if he can sing and dance. He'll find himself attracted to girls one moment and not the next. He can be butch or fey, he can be elated, sad, witty, or pathetic. He's as conflicted and human as everyone else. And we see it! Stewie vocalizes his interior monologue. We see his fantasies and hear his insecurities more than any other character. Maybe that's because Stewie's still a toddler. Were he an adult, we'd find him insufferable though when Stewie found himself as an adult, he discovered himself to be a closeted virgin living one of those lives of quiet desperation. Stewie returned back to his time and changed that.

I'm glad that Stewie is finally out of the closet because perhaps it will help straight people understand something about what being gay is like and how confusing it can be.
That would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath. :no: I think the people you would want to better understand, will be confused by the abstract quality of a gay baby.

Hmmmm, possibly. Stewie, and the rest of his family, are immensely popular and I think that any honest media image (regardless of whether it's positive or negative), is a good thing.

Brian alludes to it in almost every episode. Remember the episode where Brian's son moved in and Stewie was trying to seduce him by walking around in next to nothing and making suggestive comments?

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Since he's underage, we probably shouldn't even be talking about this. Dan Quayle might get upset. Remember when Murphy Brown had a baby "out of wedlock" as they used to say? He was irate than an imaginary woman would have an imaginary baby without an imaginary husband!! Anyway, I'd hate for any of our members to show up on an animated To Catch a Predator episode because of this thread.

Witlof

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There's an epidose where Stewie is singing "I Am the Captain of the Pinafore" to a group of sailors and he sings "Well despite your point of view, I can thrill a girl or two, But I'd rather get it on with you".
I thought that was the coming-out episode.

PS: Speaking of coded "hello, sailor" jokes, I have always assumed the reference in Billy Joel's seminal Piano Man to "Paul is a real estate novelist who never had time for a wife, and he's talking with Davy who's still in the navy and probably will be for life" was about as close to a coming-out line as you could get in 1973. Is it just me?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's an epidose where Stewie is singing "I Am the Captain of the Pinafore" to a group of sailors and he sings "Well despite your point of view, I can thrill a girl or two, But I'd rather get it on with you".
I thought that was the coming-out episode.

PS: Speaking of coded "hello, sailor" jokes, I have always assumed the reference in Billy Joel's seminal Piano Man to "Paul is a real estate novelist who never had time for a wife, and he's talking with Davy who's still in the navy and probably will be for life" was about as close to a coming-out line as you could get in 1973. Is it just me?
:261: Dude you are way off base and reading way too much into the lyrics of a coked out, alcoholic.:cool::rolleyes: