Bachman: "Cervical Cancer Shot Caused Mental Retardation"

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You're just foaming over with hate. Maybe seek anger counseling. This really isn't healthy to be this hatefilled.

She didn't do it to work people up about the vaccine. She isn't that smart. She did it to prove the point that some people were negatively affected by use of force in a medical procedure. Did that mom have to submit to this? No. Does she, for sure, exist? We have no way of proving that.

The anti-vaccine movement has been going stong for some time. Don't you remember Jenny McCarthy crusading against vaccines that cause Autism? To act like Bachmann is now solely responsible for cevical cancer is absured. Should people get this vaccine? YES! Should they be forced to do it? NO. And that was her point.

She has every right to relate stories. You have no right to say what statements should or should not be in the realm of public debate. You're only argument is that a Republican said something, therefore it must be shouted down, no matter what.

Forgive us if we find it hard to parse her point, when the example she gave to back her point up was not at all related to the point you claim she was supporting. She said mandating the vaccine is irresponsible because of the dangers involved with this vaccine, and then sited a "mom" whose daughter is now retarded. That doesn't sound at all like a "freedom of choice" argument to me.

As for b.c.'s need for anger management? I think your assertion there is unfounded. I see no anger in his posts. I see no hate. I'm going to make my own assertion here and claim that you might just be projecting a little bit.

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
I still say that she just made the entire thing up, no such woman exists!

It was not known prior to the debate that this vaccine thing would come up at all and that when it did it being "dangerous" and having "side effects" would be part of that.

I mean what are the odds those two things happening AND then there just happens to be this woman in the crowd who has this daughter that had this happened to her AND that woman is able to after the debate get through the crowd to MB in those few minutes before she made the claim to John King on CNN??

That is way to coincededental.

From what I understand this vaccine as is the case with many vaccines you give kids is most effective if given prior to puberty at least to females anyway. If you wait until they are lets say 18 that the vaccine is someplace between not effective at all and way less effective.

It makes you wonder if the CDC or whoever came up with a vaccine that absolutley prevented HIV, every bit as effective as the vaccines we have for Measles, Polio etc and was shown in testing to have absolutley no side effects could even be taken as a mist or something so you had no "injection site issues" and the testing revealed that if you waited past lets say age 10 that for some unknown reason the vaccine went from the previuos 100% effective to being 0% effective would we still be hearing all this same "you are encouraging them to have sex" stuff we hear on this any any other issue where sex is somehow involved?

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Over the last few years I have enjoyed watching the hate poor out of the left on women of the right. They are all 'stupid' 'incompetent' 'ditzy' 'dumb', not because they actually are these things but because the left needs to marginalize anyone 'minority' that disagrees with them.

Do I personally think she's brilliant? I dont know, all I've seen of her is her political speeches. I didn't think she was very smart when she said she had been to 58 states and had 2 more to go before she saw the entire country. That seemed extremely stupid to me.

Not much different than what conservatives say about Hillary Clinton or Nancy Pellosi, now is it?

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I still say that she just made the entire thing up, no such woman exists!

It was not known prior to the debate that this vaccine thing would come up at all and that when it did it being "dangerous" and having "side effects" would be part of that.

I mean what are the odds those two things happening AND then there just happens to be this woman in the crowd who has this daughter that had this happened to her AND that woman is able to after the debate get through the crowd to MB in those few minutes before she made the claim to John King on CNN??

That is way to coincededental.

From what I understand this vaccine as is the case with many vaccines you give kids is most effective if given prior to puberty at least to females anyway. If you wait until they are lets say 18 that the vaccine is someplace between not effective at all and way less effective.

It makes you wonder if the CDC or whoever came up with a vaccine that absolutley prevented HIV, every bit as effective as the vaccines we have for Measles, Polio etc and was shown in testing to have absolutley no side effects could even be taken as a mist or something so you had no "injection site issues" and the testing revealed that if you waited past lets say age 10 that for some unknown reason the vaccine went from the previuos 100% effective to being 0% effective would we still be hearing all this same "you are encouraging them to have sex" stuff we hear on this any any other issue where sex is somehow involved?

Ya, she made it up. If it were true, the case would be known about and verifiable, and given the media hype about it, it would have surfaced. She fucked up, no doubt about it.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Over the last few years I have enjoyed watching the hate poor out of the left on women of the right. They are all 'stupid' 'incompetent' 'ditzy' 'dumb', not because they actually are these things but because the left needs to marginalize anyone 'minority' that disagrees with them.

Do I personally think she's brilliant? I dont know, all I've seen of her is her political speeches. I didn't think she was very smart when she said she had been to 58 states and had 2 more to go before she saw the entire country. That seemed extremely stupid to me.

LOL . . . so it's OK when *you* call her names?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
You're just foaming over with hate. Maybe seek anger counseling. This really isn't healthy to be this hatefilled.

She didn't do it to work people up about the vaccine. She isn't that smart. She did it to prove the point that some people were negatively affected by use of force in a medical procedure. Did that mom have to submit to this? No. Does she, for sure, exist? We have no way of proving that.

The anti-vaccine movement has been going stong for some time. Don't you remember Jenny McCarthy crusading against vaccines that cause Autism? To act like Bachmann is now solely responsible for cevical cancer is absured. Should people get this vaccine? YES! Should they be forced to do it? NO. And that was her point.

She has every right to relate stories. You have no right to say what statements should or should not be in the realm of public debate. You're only argument is that a Republican said something, therefore it must be shouted down, no matter what.

No, I'm not "foaming"... my mouth is dry in fact (someone give me a drink). :tongue:

Nor angry... (hate filled should really be two words, but hey...)

It might interest you to know that I might be somewhat supportive of the argument against mandatory vaccination, or any mandatory medical procedure, for that matter.

As I've stated, what Bachmann did that concerns me is that she put out disinformation that people (who are so inclined) may believe.

Subsequent news stories on the subject and the virus that causes cervical cancer have revealed that it doesn't only cause that one disease. The data and the facts are clear - and that is the vaccine has a proven safe track record, to date.

Hopefully no one will suffer this terrible affliction, even die, for following the advice of a misinformed politician.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Vaccines are better than no vaccines. It's really that simple.
They aren't perfect, and a very small percentage of people have bad reactions, but the benefits outweigh the problems several thousandfold.

THAT is the dumbest statement I've heard in a long time!
Either you just don't know because you've never researched it, but have no problem speaking about things you don't know, you swallow the mainstream media kool-aid without question, you are a government agent, or you work for Big Pharma.

FACT: There is no proof that vaccinations actually work.
FACT: Vaccines are far more dangerous than anything you can catch in the wild.
FACT: You cannot sue a vaccine manufacturer for any damage cause by the vaccines, including death. The drug companies have never paid for any lawsuits lost due to vaccine damage. The taxpayers are the ones who paid out for the judgments. The vaccine makers NEVER even go to court.

I DARE any of you to read all the way through this link before attacking my statements.
The Truth About Vaccines and Modern Medicine - LowellsFACTS.com

Does anybody but me NOT see a problem with not being able to hold a company legally accountable for products that harm and kill people??

Rick Perry is being backed by Merck. Merck also paid him big to illegally require that young women and men be vaccinated with Guardasil. It resulted in over 300 deaths and thousands of injuries in otherwise perfectly healthy people before the Texas legislators put a stop to it before more were hurt or killed. If Ricky becomes president, I guarantee he'll require mandatory vaccinations for everyone, period.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

Well then you'd agree that there is at least a basis for the criticism.

I don't think it's accurate to say that "the left" reserves venom for conservative women politicians. We've pretty much doled it out rather evenly male and female alike. And if any one candidate seems to get more than his or her fair share, that is solely because of the level of lunacy that comes from the candidate him or herself, I think.

When I first saw Bachmann, I thought well at least here is Republican candidate who seems to handle herself with a certain degree of poise and polish (considering the rest of the field). In one debate, she handled quite deftly a way off base question that no one would've ever asked a male candidate, and I thought "horay for you."

But these recent comments about Irene being (in so many words) the wrath of God, and then this gross disinformation about a preventative treatment that has the potential to save thousands of lives??? Sheeeeessh.

Hell, I didn't even KNOW about the 58 plus two comment. :cool:

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Redwyvre

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
MPR has spent quite a bit of time going over Rep.Bachmann's most recent comment. They said she said she was "Just reporting what a women told her." My first thought was OMG is she dumb. Now I'm thinking she was just being folksy in a Republican sort of way and what she said wasn't compeletly crazy. Personally, I'm all for vaccinations, yet I always hope I won't have an "adverse" when I get vaccinated. Seems like we have to prove we're vaccinated for many things nowadays. I doubt this will be reversed even if she is elected president. Who knows how she really feels about anything. She's very cagey. She's a politician.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Opinion: HPV shot attack could harm 'innocent' girls - Health - Health care - Breaking Bioethics - msnbc.com

WTF?????

And I recall.... didn't she also say that Hurricane Irene was God's wrath for America's politics??? (or something like that)

Jeez...just when you thought they couldn't get anyone loonier than Palin.

(btw. I just noticed I misspelled her name...whatever....)

I agree with her. Irene was our punishment for allowing mean, stingy, rich white people to deprive everyone else of the bounty he provided to us. He is also angry that we allow people to tell horrible lies about him and blame him for things that are our own fault.

You people have it all backwards... god's wrath has really been expressed by him giving Palin and Bachmann political and media power. That's got 'Revelation' all over it
Actually... :tongue:

Bachmann is great value tho. I dig that whole 'hot, right-wing lunatic' thing. Political hot mess. :biggrin1:

Media
Taking anything serious or as factual that Mrs. Bachman, or Mrs. Palin, or the right reverend Mr. Perry say may lead to national mental retardation. Look at their target groups.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Clearly none of you read the link.

:tool:
"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly. " - Albert Einstein

Yep, vaccines don't work.

Polio just decided, real friendly like, to give us all a break and go away.

Yay, Mr. Polio!

Wrong. It hasn't gone away. It's getting worse. History shows that Polio was already on it's way out due to better diagnosis and treatments. The polio vaccine was a monumental failure that's ongoing to this day. It just showed up at the end to take full credit for it.

Let's examine your beloved Polio vaccine for a minute, shall we? (humor me here) Dr. Jonas Salk invented it, but let's see HOW he did it.
He was federally funded the whole time. Problem number 1.
He injected experimental flu vaccine in male patients at a state insane asylum in Ypsilanti, Mich., then exposed them to flu several months later. Highly illegal as there was no consent among the inmates.
He also played a major role in the Guatemala STD experiments. He knowingly injected people with STD's then let them die from it.
History also shows that when he invented the Polio vaccine in 1947, it actually caused it. Not cured it. The new version came out in 1952. That version and all current versions still don't cure it, they cause it. Just look at Pakistan right now. In 1960, two virologists discovered that both polio vaccines (1947 & 1952) were contaminated with the SV 40 virus which causes cancer in animals as well as changes in human cell tissue. SV40 was there the whole time and still is along with mercury, animal DNA, and human DNA that's not yours.
So you have a federally funded (with the USA's blessing) mad scientist creating a vaccine that's actually causing polio AND cancer. Are you sure you want to take it knowing the formula hasn't changed and was created by an evil murderous scientist?

Smallpox was eradicated in this country through a systematic program of vaccination.

"After vaccination campaigns throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, the WHO certified the eradication of smallpox in 1979.[13] Smallpox is one of the two infectious diseases to have been eradicated, the other being rinderpest, which was declared eradicated in 2011."

Smallpox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:haha:
Dude! You cannot use wikipedia as a credible source.
Smallpox hasn't been eradicated. The US and Russia keep a stockpile of it. US keeps it in Georgia. But you had to go there on smallpox.
So here's a look back on history.

In 1871-2, England, with 98% of the population aged between 2 and 50 vaccinated against smallpox, it experienced its worst ever smallpox outbreak with 45,000 deaths. During the same period in Germany, with a vaccination rate of 96%, there were over 125,000 deaths from smallpox. (The Hadwen Documents)

-the Trail of Tears. The US gave the Native Americans blankets infected with smallpox for the trip. That's what killed most of us off. That was the first time America used biological warfare. They were hoping it would kill all of us.

- In Germany, compulsory mass vaccination against diphtheria commenced in 1940 and by 1945 diphtheria cases were up from 40,000 to 250,000. (Don`t Get Stuck, Hannah Allen)

- In the USA in 1960, two virologists discovered that both polio vaccines were contaminated with the SV 40 virus which causes cancer in animals as well as changes in human cell tissue cultures. Millions of children had been injected with these vaccines. (Med Jnl of Australia 17/3/1973 p555)

- In 1967, Ghana was declared measles free by the World Health Organisation after 96% of its population was vaccinated. In 1972, Ghana experienced one of its worst measles outbreaks with its highest ever mortality rate. (Dr H Albonico, MMR Vaccine Campaign in Switzerland, March 1990)

- In the UK between 1970 and 1990, over 200,000 cases of whooping cough occurred in fully vaccinated children. (Community Disease Surveillance Centre, UK)

- In the 1970`s a tuberculosis vaccine trial in India involving 260,000 people revealed that more cases of TB occurred in the vaccinated than the unvaccinated. (The Lancet 12/1/80 p73)

- In 1977, Dr Jonas Salk, who developed the first polio vaccine, testified along with other scientists that mass inoculation against polio was the cause of most polio cases throughout the USA since 1961. (Science 4/4/77 "Abstracts" )

- In 1978, a survey of 30 States in the US revealed that more than half of the children who contracted measles had been adequately vaccinated. (The People`s Doctor, Dr R Mendelsohn)

- In 1979, Sweden abandoned the whooping cough vaccine due to its ineffectiveness. Out of 5,140 cases in 1978, it was found that 84% had been vaccinated three times! (BMJ 283:696-697, 1981)

-The February 1981 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association found that 90% of obstetricians and 66% of pediatricians refused to take the rubella vaccine.

- In the USA, the cost of a single DPT shot had risen from 11 cents in 1982 to $11.40 in 1987. The manufacturers of the vaccine were putting aside $8 per shot to cover legal costs and damages they were paying out to parents of brain damaged children and children who died after vaccination. (The Vine, Issue 7, January 1994, Nambour, Qld) That was BEFORE the law was passed saying you cannot sue a vaccine manufacturer for damages caused by their products.

- In Oman between 1988 and 1989, a polio outbreak occurred amongst thousands of fully vaccinated children. The region with the highest attack rate had the highest vaccine coverage. The region with the lowest attack rate had the lowest vaccine coverage. (The Lancet, 21/9/91)

- In 1990, a UK survey involving 598 doctors revealed that over 50% of them refused to have the Hepatitis B vaccine despite belonging to the high risk group urged to be vaccinated. (British Med Jnl, 27/1/1990)
- In 1990, the Journal of the American Medical Association had an article on measles which stated, "Although more than 95% of school-aged children in the US are vaccinated against measles, large measles outbreaks continue to occur in schools and most cases in this setting occur among previously vaccinated children." (JAMA, 21/11/90)

- In the USA, from July 1990 to November 1993, the US Food and Drug Administration counted a total of 54,072 adverse reactions following vaccination. The FDA admitted that this number represented only 10% of the real total, because most doctors were refusing to report vaccine injuries. In other words, adverse reactions for this period exceeded half a million! (National Vaccine Information Centre, March 2, 1994)
- In the New England Journal of Medicine July 1994 issue a study found that over 80% of children under 5 years of age who had contracted whooping cough had been fully vaccinated.

For those of you that still believe in the current vaccines, feel free to have all of mine.