Back from Hurricane Ike

eastbaydude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not new here, but I'm back and almost as good as new.

Thank you to everyone who asked about me and wished me well. Although I couldn't get back to everyone, every message was appreciated.

I live on the Gulf Coast of Texas and my house is on the beach. I got my share of damage but a whole lot less than some folks. Power and water are back and things including me are getting back to normal. I've lost 5 of the 10 pounds I gained sitting around eating Red Cross and Salvation Army food. The food was was not the best I'd ever had but certainly some of the most welcomed.

Thanks again

D_Tyrone_Tittickler

Experimental Member
Media
Hey Eastbaydude,

I subsisted on Red Cross meals in New Orleans for all of September and nearly half of October, 2005 following Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. I did not put any weight on, but I am sure my sodium level was pretty high. I was very grateful for all of the people who came to our rescue from all over North America. Everyone from New Orleans was especially grateful for the hospitality that Houstonians showed us in the aftermath of this disaster. Merci, gracias, thank you!

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Welcome back. I know it's tough. Sure makes us appreciate our conveniences, and food.
We've only just begun the Ike cleanup and repair. sigh dead fish even in the fences. What will they come up with next?