Back from the dead

After four years, you would think that people would think that it's probably NOT a good idea to sleep with your coworkers. When I worked in an office setting, I just could not see my coworkers in a sexual light *shrug*

M2M sex at on the job?

Reactions: Gj816

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I noticed there seems to be two universal constants when it comes to necroposting a thread.

The first is the majority of the time the OP of the thread in question has either been banned or hasn't posted in forever, sometimes not since the thread was created. This is especially amusing when the resurrector is commenting to them directly, giving them a compliment or asking a follow-up question. Umm, wakey, wakey, but I don't think they are going to see your comment, let alone respond back :laughing:.

The second seems to be that the person who necrobumps the old ass thread, usually adds nothing new or enlightening to the conversation to even make such a resurrection minimally worthwhile. So not only do you not check the last date of posting but think that anyone cares to read your "me too" one sentence grand opus.

While it's all good fun to make light of the dunderheads, I really which the practice could be stopped or at least better enforced.

Reactions: Squirrel1

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I noticed there seems to be two universal constants when it comes to necroposting a thread.

The first is the majority of the time the OP of the thread in question has either been banned or hasn't posted in forever, sometimes not since the thread was created. This is especially amusing when the resurrector is commenting to them directly, giving them a compliment or asking a follow-up question. Umm, wakey, wakey, but I don't think they are going to see your comment, let alone respond back :laughing:.

The second seems to be that the person who necrobumps the old ass thread, usually adds nothing new or enlightening to the conversation to even make such a resurrection minimally worthwhile. So not only do you not check the last date of posting but think that anyone cares to read your "me too" one sentence grand opus.

While it's all good fun to make light of the dunderheads, I really which the practice could be stopped or at least better enforced.
Nocrobumping is one of the least warnable reports we get. I don’t see a lot of old posts getting brought back. Usually it is a newer member, who stumbles across a post and doesn’t see how old it is and makes a comment. And i agree with you…the original poster is often long gone.

I started this thread long before I was a mod. It was made for fun and, in no way, do I condone necrobumping.

Reactions: 885840

Nocrobumping is one of the least warnable reports we get. I don’t see a lot of old posts getting brought back. Usually it is a newer member, who stumbles across a post and doesn’t see how old it is and makes a comment. And i agree with you…the original poster is often long gone.

I started this thread long before I was a mod. It was made for fun and, in no way, do I condone necrobumping.

This is my favorite thread on the entire forum.. it's nearest rival is "what made you laugh today?".

My favorite thing is when people who have been here for YEARS and should know better that end up replying to a ten year old post as if it was just posted last week. Do people bother to notice dates that things are posted? Replying to a ten year old post as if it's an ongoing conversation is like having a séance and trying to reach the dead.

Necrobumping may be a low offense on the scale of things, but I'd be petrified if something I raised from the dead ended up being posted here.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I know the purpose of this thread is not to condone it and your intentions are well intentioned in making light of the idgits, but that of course doesn't make it anymore headshakingly frustrating.

As an example, another (non-sexual) forum I occasionally visit and post in is super-strict about such offenses where they don't allow any commenting on a thread where the last post is more than a year old. While they do allow a few days past the date leeway and the first offense (or two) will only get a reminder in the thread, but repeated attempts or doing it in multiple threads will result in more than a public shaming. Like here, they realize most of the instances are unintentional by a new member and yes, I was one of those guilty ones when I first started posting there. But I've seen instances here when, new member or not, the offender will bump multiple threads in a row either in one section or across sections; almost like they are not paying attention and just trying to cram in as many posts as they can to establish themselves.

While I admit the policy of the other forum I described is a little too harsh IMO, in that restricting it to only a year limits new members from adding something worthwhile and having to start a new thread on the same subject results in a lot of separate redundant posts; but maybe locking or archiving a thread after say, two to three years after the last post would not be all that unreasonable (something they fail to do there as well that would solve the necroposting issue). A few years past the sell date is one thing, while a thread that hasn't seen action since almost the beginning of the current century is another. My rule of thumb to be safe is usually don't even think about responding to any thread past the third or fourth page in a section, since unless it's particularly active like a picture posting one, most of the entries I assume will be either dead or on the way out.

Again, I know it's not your fault and don't condone it, but I guess it's just one of those things on my list I wish the Powers That Be took seriously. But I guess presently all we can do is keep making fun of the clueless.

Reactions: Squirrel1

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Necrobumping is a huge annoyance for sure.

But, necrobumping, IMO, is nothing compared to those who comment in New Member Introduction threads on accounts that are clearly banned.

Sadly, it's usually when a "female" account is banned the Welcome to the site and other comments will continue.

And when I see that, I always get a little chuckle. Especially when another Member will post that the Member has been banned. Thank you Captain Obvious, lol. :p