Back hair removal

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by dongalong, Aug 4, 2007.

1. dongalong

Gold Member

Patches of hair have started growing thickly on my back. To look a bit neater for my summer holiday I decided to get it waxed for the first time!

WHAT A DISASTER!!!!!!!

Every follicle became a ZIT :mad: and my back looked like a pizza!

Anyone had this happen to them? Is it the same after every waxing?

I'm not sure whether I want to do it again, it really FUCKING hurt too!

2. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Men should be hairy... you brought this on yourself, lol.

Only joking, its your hair, do as you wish with it.

Personally, hairy men, i mean really hairy men really turn me on.

I believe you developed a very common complaint called Folliculitis, an infection of the hair follical cause by lots of things.

I shave my head once a week and have sensative skin so i have to use lots of gentle, antibacterial and moisturising products else i look like pin head from Hellraiser.

Happens to most of us really, dont do it or do it carefully.

3. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

I have had the same thing happen on several occasions. I have opted to either shave or use chemical depilitories in lieu of waxing.

4. invisibleman

Gold Member

That WAS you in "The 40-Year Old Virgin"!!! :wink:

I never waxed because I am not hairy. I wouldn't wax but get someone to carefully shave it for you. Shave it properly...so you don't get ingrown hair. Those do hurt.

5. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    I never had a problem with waxing, per se. However, I used to have a problem with breakouts on my back. Using Neutragena Body Clear Body Wash liquid soap on a daily basis with a back brush takes care of it.

6. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

I have my wife shave my back about once every 2 weeks, she used to use Nair on me, that crap irritates my skin. I'm 55 yo and only started doing this about 5 yrs ago. my back hair never grew like this for over 40 yrs. My hair migrated off my head onto my back, that sux.

7. solarphallux

solarphallux New Member

Albums:
    Well, I'm like RugbyPup in that I like hairy men, and a strong believer than men shouldn't be ashamed of their body hair. But I also understand personal preferences, as well as many ladies don't care for the back fur.

I can't offer a good alternative for waxing and shaving (you could try electrolysis - but that can be very very expensive). Rather than shaving, you may want to try simply trimming or buzzing your hair down (we sometimes call it "manscaping" on my side of the fence). With a good buzzer you can get it quite low. From there, I'd scrub the back gently down with an mild astrigent body soap - a good loofah back scrubber works wonders.

I recommend this from a hung bi bear buddy of mine. He knows his lady friends don't like his back fur, but his bear pals like me do, so he does this as a compromise. He's been doing it for a while, and the skin on his broad back is always clean and supple - and it makes tanning particulary good, too, without the irritation!:cool:

Hope it helps!

George
    aka SolarPhallux

8. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Yup.. that will happen.. it happens to people who shave too. You have to wait 24 hours before you shower.. and ex-foliate. Buy a back scrunchy and use neutrogena to stop bacne.

9. Belly_Dancer

Belly_Dancer Member

After waxing, you have to exfoliate faithfully with something like a body scrub, about every other day until your next waxing or until all the hair grows back.

I have regular Brazilian bikini waxes, and yes, I do exfoliate my pussy (outer lips and mons) with a scrub regularly to prevent ingrown hairs and other waxing-related problems.

The one time I got lazy, I had problems, so I learned my lesson.

10. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    Happens to me when I shave, for example, treasure trail hair.
    The chemical depilitary brand 'Veet', has worked better than 'Nair'. Be cautious.

And the irritation problem you have will go away on it's own.
    Some lotions that are supposed to soothe have for me done the opposite.

11. buffsarahuk

buffsarahuk New Member

Albums:
    You've suffered the way my gym buds suffer (some of those guys are apes before they trim!). It's tough to exfoliate your own back. Try using Veet instead - there's even one for men with a macho carton :) Slick n smooth without the zitty horrorshow.

12. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

13. OPPinSLC

OPPinSLC Member

Albums:
    I tried that NADs stuff a couple of times. It seemed to work, but it just keep growing back. No skin problems, thank goodness.

14. luvhung

luvhung New Member

I had laser hair removal, took several treatments - but its gone and not coming back.

15. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I feel ya. I like the look of a light amount of body hair on a guy versus totally shaved. I'm the missing link to the primates, so 20 years ago, my friend started running the clippers over my back to trim the length of the hair. It looked cleaner. A few years later, she was using the clippers without the guard and giving it a close buzz. It feels great, especially in the summer. I like to buzz it every 2 weeks. I use a guard to trim the front part of me. Otherwise, if I let it grow wild, my chest hair becomes so long that it gets caught in the buttons of my dress shirts constantly. Annoys the hell out of me. Body hair itches and drives me nuts. I'm due to be shorn any day now.

Draft saved Draft deleted