Back off, get your own Surfer

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by Sweet Caroline+Feb 16 2005, 11:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sweet Caroline &#064; Feb 16 2005, 11:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-surferboy@Feb 16 2005, 11:10 AM
That would be so fucked if it&#39;s different for same sex couples. That&#39;s total discrimination.
[post=283603]Quoted post[/post]​

And this would surprise you because........ Not trying to be cynical here, I believe we&#39;ll see the day when our rights are finally upheld, I just don&#39;t see it happening any time soon. Given the current Administrations "ideals" not to mention the referendum the American people gave in the last election on the Gay Marriage bills in the states I think we&#39;ve still got a looong road ahead of us.

I&#39;m not trying to start an off topic politcal discussion here, I&#39;m just hoping you&#39;ll keep your head about these things and approach them in a constructive manner. As mentioned above, the law is really the least of your concerns at this point. Right now you have to focus on the family and gain thier trust. I&#39;m sure his mother really, in her heart, wants what is best for her son. Staying cool, being patient, and proving that you&#39;re looking out for his best interests is a good way start that process. Unfortunately, the best way to do that at this point may be to step back and say "I love you, You&#39;re worth waiting for, I won&#39;t come between you and your family, and I&#39;ll be here when it&#39;s time".

Good luck to both of you...

Carrie
[post=283609]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I"m not surprised at all gorgeous. I&#39;m just really disappointed there this kind of discrimination in this day and age. It&#39;s 2005, dammit. But thanks for the vote of good luck :D

Kimahri

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I really had something good I wanted to add, but I just got dumped by my partner, so....the best I can manage right now is I hope you guys find a way to be together, be it waiting or agreements with parents.

Sweet Caroline:
Originally posted by surferboy@Feb 16 2005, 01:52 PM
I"m not surprised at all gorgeous. I&#39;m just really disappointed there this kind of discrimination in this day and age. It&#39;s 2005, dammit. But thanks for the vote of good luck :D
[post=283655]Quoted post[/post]​

I feel the same way, it just plain hurts my soul that we&#39;re still facing these issues not only with regards to lifestyle but in regards to faith, social economic status, race, culture, etc, etc, etc........

Carrie

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by Sweet Caroline+Feb 16 2005, 02:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sweet Caroline &#064; Feb 16 2005, 02:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-surferboy@Feb 16 2005, 01:52 PM
[post=283655]Quoted post[/post]​

I feel the same way, it just plain hurts my soul that we&#39;re still facing these issues not only with regards to lifestyle but in regards to faith, social economic status, race, culture, etc, etc, etc........

Carrie
[post=283667]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I know, it&#39;s nuts. I can&#39;t believe the extreme douches out there. I don&#39;t like anyone on the extreme end of either spectrum.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oddly enough, some countries and states do have different laws for same-sex relationships. Here&#39;s a list of them all: http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

I can&#39;t believe that same-sex relations are totally illegal in some states like Idaho. Actually, I just noticed that Florida is one of those states too. I find it hard to believe that the law is strictly enforced though. I suppose that if someone really wanted to make it hard for the two of you even when he becomes of age, they could by law.

Either way, I think that some others have really sound advice: take the family in consideration first, then the law. I hope it works out for you both. *fingers crossed*

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Nice research there. I&#39;m really surprised to see a lot of states that still have same-sex relations listed as illegal.

For Nix and Chris, I know my mom would have freaked out if I would have dated someone 5 years older than myself when I was 15, even if it was a girl. If I was gay and dated a guy, I wouldn&#39;t even want to be ready to experience that firestorm. Of course I&#39;m an only kid, and my parents were completely determined that nothing ever went wrong. It&#39;s hard to give good advice on such a complex situation as this is, but I agree with most people on here to take it slow. It&#39;s really good to hear that Nix&#39;s parents are willing to help out, and are really open to this.

Chris, just talk to your mom about things. Try not to hide anything from her because once she senses that I&#39;d bet she&#39;d tighten the ball and chain even more.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by surferboy@Feb 16 2005, 11:20 AM
I know, it&#39;s nuts. I can&#39;t believe the extreme douches out there. I don&#39;t like anyone on the extreme end of either spectrum.
[post=283669]Quoted post[/post]​
Actually, the homophobes and the like are the turd sandwiches. The giant douches are the ones who let the turd sandwiches just roll over them.

godiluvabig1

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
wow... i&#39;m from louisiana (but staying in fla for the meantime), and not only are homosexual activities illegal, but so are oral and anal sex... :blink: :eek: :angry: :glare:
where&#39;s the fun in that?

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just to clarify:

Same-sex intercourse in private, among consenting adults, is legal in all US states, territories, and possessions, despite what any website says. In June 2003, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled 6-3 that laws against same-sex intercourse were unconstitutional, invalidating in one fell swoop all of the individual state laws against such behavior. This overturned a 1986 ruling (the "Bowers" case that&#39;s referenced below) upholding such laws.

Held: The Texas statute making it a crime for two persons of the same sex to engage in certain intimate sexual conduct violates the Due Process Clause.

[...]

Bowers’ rationale does not withstand careful analysis. In his dissenting opinion in Bowers Justice Stevens concluded that (1) the fact a State’s governing majority has traditionally viewed a particular practice as immoral is not a sufficient reason for upholding a law prohibiting the practice, and (2) individual decisions concerning the intimacies of physical relationships, even when not intended to produce offspring, are a form of “liberty” protected by due process. That analysis should have controlled Bowers, and it controls here. Bowers was not correct when it was decided, is not correct today, and is hereby overruled. This case does not involve minors, persons who might be injured or coerced, those who might not easily refuse consent, or public conduct or prostitution. It does involve two adults who, with full and mutual consent, engaged in sexual practices common to a homosexual lifestyle. Petitioners’ right to liberty under the Due Process Clause gives them the full right to engage in private conduct without government intervention. Casey, supra, at 847. The Texas statute furthers no legitimate state interest which can justify its intrusion into the individual’s personal and private life. Pp. 17—18.

biguyinsocal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
At the risk of seeming like a party-pooper here, this is a 15-year-old that says he&#39;s found the love of his life in less than a week. Sure, passions run high at that age, but wondering about when he reaches legal age seems a little premature to me.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by mindseye@Feb 16 2005, 11:08 PM
Just to clarify:

Same-sex intercourse in private, among consenting adults, is legal in all US states, territories, and possessions, despite what any website says. In June 2003, the Supreme Court of the United States ruled 6-3 that laws against same-sex intercourse were unconstitutional, invalidating in one fell swoop all of the individual state laws against such behavior. This overturned a 1986 ruling (the "Bowers" case that&#39;s referenced below) upholding such laws.

Held: The Texas statute making it a crime for two persons of the same sex to engage in certain intimate sexual conduct violates the Due Process Clause.

[...]

Bowers’ rationale does not withstand careful analysis. In his dissenting opinion in Bowers Justice Stevens concluded that (1) the fact a State’s governing majority has traditionally viewed a particular practice as immoral is not a sufficient reason for upholding a law prohibiting the practice, and (2) individual decisions concerning the intimacies of physical relationships, even when not intended to produce offspring, are a form of “liberty” protected by due process. That analysis should have controlled Bowers, and it controls here. Bowers was not correct when it was decided, is not correct today, and is hereby overruled. This case does not involve minors, persons who might be injured or coerced, those who might not easily refuse consent, or public conduct or prostitution. It does involve two adults who, with full and mutual consent, engaged in sexual practices common to a homosexual lifestyle. Petitioners’ right to liberty under the Due Process Clause gives them the full right to engage in private conduct without government intervention. Casey, supra, at 847. The Texas statute furthers no legitimate state interest which can justify its intrusion into the individual’s personal and private life. Pp. 17—18.
[post=283835]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn....you&#39;re good&#33; ^_^

Kimahri

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Somehow, I just don&#39;t understand amendments that try to take away rights. Kinda lame. Ok, very lame.

I find it hard to see what I&#39;m doing in the privacy of my home or my boyfriends home as something dangerous enough to determine it illegal for nothing short of not agreeing with someone&#39;s view on the world.

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by biguyinsocal@Feb 17 2005, 02:16 AM
At the risk of seeming like a party-pooper here, this is a 15-year-old that says he&#39;s found the love of his life in less than a week. Sure, passions run high at that age, but wondering about when he reaches legal age seems a little premature to me.
[post=283848]Quoted post[/post]​

I think they have been chatting on here a little longer than that - I hope...

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Have your forgotton who stole the last election in Ohio? The shrub. That is all it takes to understand those amendments and what else they have in store for us.

Don&#39;t be surprised to hear that only the "missionary" position is OK to do in God, and of course, America&#39;s sight. It is a matter of time before we hear such nonsense from the so called religious right. Remember some of the religious right have not been in a house of worship in years if ever. Some are as fake as a three dollar bill and are in it for power and money. They have no concept or real belief in the God that they propose to be worshipping.

It is easy to understand. There have always been assholes and there all ways will be assholes. That is human nature unfortunately.

Folks with integrity just have to make sure we rule the day. Next time we need to get out the vote and change some things.

Sorry about your breakup. I hope you recover emotionally soon. I know that it is heartbreaking to break up with a partner. We here are with you and support you as much as we can.

Freddie

Originally posted by Kimahri@Feb 17 2005, 09:52 AM
Somehow, I just don&#39;t understand amendments that try to take away rights. Kinda lame. Ok, very lame.

I find it hard to see what I&#39;m doing in the privacy of my home or my boyfriends home as something dangerous enough to determine it illegal for nothing short of not agreeing with someone&#39;s view on the world.
[post=283918]Quoted post[/post]​

hung_big: IM BACK&#33; Heh...well I&#39;m sneaking around on my friend&#39;s computer, so hopefully I can talk to Nixxy.

Nix, if I can&#39;t tell you on AIM...I love ya to death. I can&#39;t believe how bodacious everyone is about this (SIGH...BODACIOUS?&#33; NIXXY&#33; You are getting to me *kiss*)

Freddie and everyone else, thanks for the words of encouragment. Of course I trust Nixxy to not stab me in the back (and this is all in past terms...since we are just "friends...WITH PRIVELDGES :D), and I mean..LOOK AT HIM&#33; Do you think I expected him to stop getting passes....he&#39;s GORGEOUS (and everything else)&#33;

As for my mom...yes...I hate her. I will throw all my rights and the law I know at her. She can&#39;t stop me, and frankly I&#39;d much rather be with Nix than her.

The worst part is, I have eating disorders, cut and burn, attemp suicide, am depressed and what not and Nixxy was the only form of happiness I had. What does my mom do? NO&#33; YOU CANT TALK TO HIM&#33; Really...just really...for once...FUCK OFF MOM&#33; I&#39;ve never been angrier in my life. Doesn&#39;t really matter what she thinks though....I still love Nixxy to death, and I can wait. Though Maybe Nix Can&#39;t...I can understand.

As for the legal stuff. It is 16...Sigh, I don&#39;t know how much more compitent I can be within a few months. I can talk to Nixxy, have the freedom to access of media (and the internet is a medium soo) and she can&#39;t make me pay house and board until I&#39;m 18. And when that wonderous day comes...Bye Bye Toronto, HELLO nixxy&#33;

EDIT: Jeep...I tried to keep Lines open. She is like the first I told I&#39;m bi. I did that and this is what I got. I&#39;ve told her about all my problems and everything else. This was the last straw. I loved her, and was open. She blew it. Even passed the initial reaction.

And no, this won&#39;t pass....I&#39;ll love Nix forever, even if he does not love me for that long *braces self for skepticism*

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am obviously a bit confused. So Chris, you are in Canada and Nixxy is in Florida. correct? Have you two ever met in person? Exactly how where the two of you planning on having sex with so many miles between the two of you? If I remember correctly the two of you met on here, no? How long have you known one another? Sorry for all the questions but I am just trying to get a clearer vision of the situation.

Chris as for your Mom, remember that she does love you and she really wants what she thinks is best for you. I think if you put a bunch of gay guys parents together in one room, they would find that they all have a lot in common in their initial reaction to their child&#39;s sexuality. I know things are very difficult right now and I know that it is easier said than done but step back and try and look at the big picture. Try to keep communication lines open with your parents. This too shall pass.

Like it say in my signature, "Love is rare, life is strange, nothing lasts and people change."

Best wishes ~ Kyle :)

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Jeep is right...Wow - I actually thought you lived in florida too...But you mum does love you and I hated my mum when I was 16 too (not really but I did tell her that)...That is part of life at the age I guess - but remember you are young and I hope you guys work out your relationship because Nix seems like a great guy...Okay now for a bit of reality - I know you say you love him but again - you are only 16 and you probably will love multiple people in the coming years - enjoy being young and hopefully I didn&#39;t come off too harsh - like i said I hope you two make - I really like seeing folks in love...And the long distance thing presents another problem...Good luck and remember - your mum might not be the best understanding your situation but I would have the same reservations if I was in her place w/the age difference (sorry guys)... :(

hung_big: I expected the skepticism...but it doesn&#39;t matter. Whether I&#39;m coming off harsh or not, I don&#39;t care...I don&#39;t give a flying F*** what anybody except for Nix thinks about (though I do like the best wishes ^_^)

I love him to death and we&#39;ll spend the rest of our lives together (if he wants to)...

NIXXY, I NEED TO TALK TO YOU ON AIM&#33; Love you tons (yes, yes, I know we&#39;re just "friends"...with priveledges...heh...but you love ur friends too...so blah :p)