Back to basics or what?

Swole2112

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been doing PE for a while, but I think I've kind of lost sight of the most important principles along the way. That being said, I was considering returning to the basic routine (as outlined in other threads in this forum).

It's either that, or a completely different approach such as hanging, etc.

Also, how long should one stick with a PE routine, regardless of whether he believes it is working?

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Work in cycles. 6-8 weeks, or even 10 week cycles.
Each each week, you up the intensity a little more.
Write down everything you do, how you feel, etc.
Then you could see what you have done and decide what changes you need to make, during yor week off.
If you are still unsure what to change, ask us here or any of the PE sites.

The key, more than anything is to be consistent.

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Then you could see what you have done and decide what changes you need to make, during yor week off.

Excellent post :)

Swole2112

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

How long do you think one should stick with a routine before deciding that it's time for a change? I agree with the consistency, concept. Good advice.

Do you mind if I PM you for advice sometime. I know some folks have a problem with it, so I thought I'd ask first.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sure, PM me if you would like. Some members already do. But if the question is not too personal, you could post it here for the benifit of all the members.

To answer your question, its hard to say. I always tell people to stick with the beginner's routine for 3 cycles or 3 months, which ever comes first. By then, you should be educating yourself and reading up on stuff so you will know what to try next.

Everything is based on feel. And there are no hard of fast rules. That is why you have to figure out what is best for you. Unfortunately, you firgure it out by trial and error. And PE takes a LONG time. But I read motivational threads like this to keep me going: http://www.lpsg.org/123434-the-magic-8x6.html

Look, I have been resting for two days now. No cumming either. I did not cum but I got myself hard to see its size. Geez, I have a big dick now. Not huge, not a monster, Certainly pleasently more than when I started. It even feels different in my hand and I have changed the way I jerk it to accomodate the new size. I have to use Magnum size condoms now. They were just more comfortable before and I could go either way with regular size, but now they are a must. PE has worked for me.

But there was a lot of slow time. I was doing the excersices and would think I am getting nowhere. I'd change things up and try it for a cycle based on something I had read.

This year, (did you hear the word year), I am trying out hanging, since I seemed to have hit a pleateu. Going into my 7th week, I am seeing that it has sparked new growth. And I swore that I would never do hanging. But things change. (I still swear I will NEVER do pumping, but that is me saying that this year. lol)

Will hanging work for you? Maybe. Right now? Who knows. I waited a year. But it is working for me now. (I still jelq and stretch) Then again, I am a 1 year veteran of CONSISTENT PE work. (with 1 or 2 week breaks between cycles of course)

The point is that you will have to figure this out by feel. And no one can really write you out a "prescription" on what to do next. We could help you with issues of technique, we could give you ideas of what to try next, point to informative articles, websites, tesimonials on products we have tried out, lubes, time management issues, records, progress reports, personal stories, etc. But we cant figure you out.

That is why I keep telling everyone to read as much as they can. Only you will be an expert on what works for you. Is it frustrating at times? Hell yes. But the one benifit you can count on is that your erection quality will remain high even if you are not apparently making any gains. You will grow to be an old man with the penis of a 20 year old. And THAT, makes this whole thing worth it.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Swole2112

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sure, PM me if you would like. Some members already do. But if the question is not too personal, you could post it here for the benifit of all the members.

To answer your question, its hard to say. I always tell people to stick with the beginner's routine for 3 cycles or 3 months, which ever comes first. By then, you should be educating yourself and reading up on stuff so you will know what to try next.

Everything is based on feel. And there are no hard of fast rules. That is why you have to figure out what is best for you. Unfortunately, you firgure it out by trial and error. And PE takes a LONG time. But I read motivational threads like this to keep me going: http://www.lpsg.org/123434-the-magic-8x6.html

Look, I have been resting for two days now. No cumming either. I did not cum but I got myself hard to see its size. Geez, I have a big dick now. Not huge, not a monster, Certainly pleasently more than when I started. It even feels different in my hand and I have changed the way I jerk it to accomodate the new size. I have to use Magnum size condoms now. They were just more comfortable before and I could go either way with regular size, but now they are a must. PE has worked for me.

But there was a lot of slow time. I was doing the excersices and would think I am getting nowhere. I'd change things up and try it for a cycle based on something I had read.

This year, (did you hear the word year), I am trying out hanging, since I seemed to have hit a pleateu. Going into my 7th week, I am seeing that it has sparked new growth. And I swore that I would never do hanging. But things change. (I still swear I will NEVER do pumping, but that is me saying that this year. lol)

Will hanging work for you? Maybe. Right now? Who knows. I waited a year. But it is working for me now. (I still jelq and stretch) Then again, I am a 1 year veteran of CONSISTENT PE work. (with 1 or 2 week breaks between cycles of course)

The point is that you will have to figure this out by feel. And no one can really write you out a "prescription" on what to do next. We could help you with issues of technique, we could give you ideas of what to try next, point to informative articles, websites, tesimonials on products we have tried out, lubes, time management issues, records, progress reports, personal stories, etc. But we cant figure you out.

That is why I keep telling everyone to read as much as they can. Only you will be an expert on what works for you. Is it frustrating at times? Hell yes. But the one benifit you can count on is that your erection quality will remain high even if you are not apparently making any gains. You will grow to be an old man with the penis of a 20 year old. And THAT, makes this whole thing worth it.

Just my opinion.

Those are great words of advice. Thank you for the input. I can see I'm in the right place. Good luck to you in the upcoming year. Here's to growth for us both. Cheers!

BTW, how long have you been doing PE?