Back to Hell-the new version with nudity

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was going to detail everything; tme and energy forbid me from that so I"ll give the Reader's Digest condensed version.

In 2006 I had stomach cancer, even gave a kidney for it.
In late 2008 I began feeling off; my blood work said I was okay, Giacamo wasn't back. I breathed a sigh of relief and ignored the discomfort. In mid-January I took a fall at home and needed a neighbor to get me back up (I see nothing strange about a 49 year old calling a 76 year old for this sort of help-besides which, I've wanted him for years.)

Once more I ignored things. I had plans! A work situation was taking me to Europe and my ticket to the Ukraine was in my then sweating hands.

Then I slept most of the day and night for a week or so, then I became dizzy. Finally as severe abdominal pain and vomiting of bile joined in I called a friend. He came over, I called an ambulance and headed to the hospital

Diagnosis: SBO (small bowel obstruction-right at the point where the stomach and intestines meet up).

Solution: Plastic tube in nose to stomach to drain bile continually and surgery.

Doctor: A stunningly handsome man from India in his 40s or 50s (I forgot to ask). After surgery I began thinking of grabbing his crotch , a behavior which I would easily have attributed to the pain meds I also liked his able bodied assistant who was from Bangladesh, but a little to young for me.

ICU staff: Wonderful in all aspects.

The post ICU staff: Mostly fantastic (there were some off moments)

Food: Not a thing for some 2 weeks (great way to lose weight), then slow reintro which progressed well from liquid to mush; but, became trouble at solids. Then back to square one of no food, just the IV drips.

Finally it was determined I could try again. It went well. Then more horrors. My legs tripled in size as fluid retention took place, a catheter was shoved back in so I could urinate (or at least release urine). I lay in bed for several weeks, lingering to some degree even though the surgery had been a success. The doctor said it was a success and his groin wouldn't lie to me (or sadly, evern with me, I really wish I had groped him-it would give me something to remember which may well have been sizeable and enjoyable-he might even have taken pity on me and not billed me). I returned to food and was given a dreadful supplement called Ensure Plus. It did help even though the taste was not that great.

One day two fools came in from the physical rehab department of the hospital. They stood me up and I sat down-on the floor. My leg muscles at atrophied. For a week they did bedside exercise of my legs and arms; still I could not stand unassisted. Even assisted I was limited to less than a minute.

The perky good looking woman from the rehab spoke to me and then some others and I was informed I'd be shipped to the physical rehab of a local nursing home. I stayed there for 9 weeks as I learned to walk again and rebuild some strength. Day two was nice, they got the catheter out of my penis and I successfully urinated..

Today: I'm still weak and a bit more addled than usual, often unable to remember the simplest words;and the future as always is unknown.

Oh yes the promised nudity-I had a cheap hospital gown which was often removed for examination of my being by the interns and others on their morning rounds and for the daily bathing by a nurse's aide. One was very gentle with me and he'd apologize whenever I yelped in pain.

(you didn't think I'd put those pictures here did you? I have standards-you'll need to pay me -and my medical bills-to get them).

So, I am here (or not) and will post (or not) depending on what I feel like as I proceed.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am so very sorry you are going through this. I will keep you in my thoughts and wish you a very speedy recovery! Since we live in the same little town if you need anything please send me a PM and I will give you my phone #.
Feel better!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry to hear about your illness and your medical ordeal, hope you feel much better soon.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow that's quite a story. All the best to you for a speedy rest of recovery!
Thank you.

Because this story hurts my heart, I want it to end with sex.

Seriously, I'm sending you the best energy I can.
I too wanted it to end with sex; unfortunately I was heavily medicated and the doctor seemed to have some ethical standards. Maybe though I could still get something with the head of the Social Work department of my rehab facillity-I'm fairly sure he wanted me; after all he did say 'hello' and shook my hand (yes, I too wish had shaken a different appendage).

And thank you for the energy boost.

I am so very sorry you are going through this. I will keep you in my thoughts and wish you a very speedy recovery! Since we live in the same little town if you need anything please send me a PM and I will give you my phone #.
Feel better!
Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Hmm... anything I need? Could you arrange a sexual liaison between me and Joe Nolan who does the morning traffic on channel 7? Perhaps Jill Nicolini from over on Channel 11 could be part of it as well!

Sorry to hear about your illness and your medical ordeal, hope you feel much better soon.
Thanks guy.

It gets little a better each day-at least on the physical front. The mental state is weird, I'm just confused and scared on a regular basis which is not my usual. I guess it'll improve over time.

I hope you are well and this isn't a recurrence. I don't know how you do it. I'll have to think of all you've been through when I'm feeling sorry for myself.

You probably know this, so I don't mean to preach to the choir. Something really helped me was some stuff earllogjam said to me. He's into Zen Buddhism and he advised me when I feel scared or confused to just stop thinking and get centered. Remind yourself of where you are, what's happening at just that very moment, and focus on the moment itself. I find that helps to dispel a lot of fear as it forces you to evaluate just what you're fearful of and address it in a more rational way. I find it works when I'm confused too and I'm getting a lot of that lately as my brain fog gets worse. It seems our minds are constantly working different angles even if we don't notice it. Stopping and just re-starting yourself by noticing your body and what your senses are feeling and where you are and what you're doing and then evaluating everything from that point in time alone, is extremely helpful.

Hang in there buddy! I hope you can make it to the NYC meet & greet this time. I'd love to talk to you.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally Posted by nudeyorker
Feel better!
Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Hmm... anything I need? Could you arrange a sexual liaison between me and Joe Nolan who does the morning traffic on channel 7? Perhaps Jill Nicolini from over on Channel 11 could be part of it as well!
I don't know about all of that, but I can cook, clean, go to the supermarket and run any necessary errands and I give a decent sponge bath!

Careful with those newscasters. They all seem a bit nuts. Think of Dan Rather, George Weber, and Marv Albert.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
CRAP! :eek: I don't know how I missed this! :confused: Oh sweetie, I hope you are out of pain, healing well, and your legs are back to normal. :hug:

Because this story hurts my heart, I want it to end with sex. Seriously, I'm sending you the best energy I can.
I agree!

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
CRAP! :eek: I don't know how I missed this! :confused: Oh sweetie, I hope you are out of pain, healing well, and your legs are back to normal. :hug:
I'd be much more out of pain if you flew the next USAir plane up to LaGuardia and then rushed over to give me a massage.

Doing much better, though still nervous as I watch the calendar (yes, this is yet another shameless plug for my upcoming birthday).

thank you one and all for your kindness and concern.