Bacon

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Nony, I'd be taken a-back and I'd giver her a tonguerasher-ing she'd never forget.

Everybody knows there are two slices of bacon in one serving!

Pecker

(Definition of 'egghead': What Humpty Dumpty's girlfriend gives him.)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
You've reminded me of a restaurant breakfast I had in Tappahannock, Virginia when I was in the Archaeology Club in college (doing a dig on a 1730's Lee family home in the Northern Neck).

The prices were rather steep for a poor student. I should have been prepared for that when I noticed that there were real tablecloths and real cloth napkins on the tables. The plates were very large, making the 2-egg, 2-slices of bacon servings look very small.

I looked forlornly at the $6.95 breakfast before me and called the waitress back. I said,

"Would you kindly bring me another plate, please? This one still seems to have the last diner's leftovers on it."

Pecker

(What has balls and screws old ladies? A bingo machine.)

AnonyMs: Tripe can be fixed "properly"?

I don't think so! :D

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Ugh! When tripe's being cooked, the house smells like the inside of a nursing home.

But I'd be willing to try some once (after I've taken a double dose of Lipitor).

Pecker

(Why do they say that eating oysters and yogurt will improve your sex life? Because if you'll eat that stuff you'll eat anything.)

Tender: Pecker i must say i absolutely love your humor!
:D
you get the prize of the day for making me laugh sweetie... :-*

longtimelurker: [quote author=geo8x6 link=board=women;num=1063665086;start=0#1 date=09/15/03 at 15:54:46]Maybe he burnt the other pieces?  :D  I myself cannot eat just one piece. 3 or 4 yes, but 1 piece no. Then again I prefer bisciuts and gray over just a few pieces of bacon.[/quote]

That reminds me - when I was on holiday in Florida a couple of years ago I kept hearing about 'biscuits in gravy'. I am presuming your biscuits are very different to ours, or otherwise that sounds disgusting! :p

So what are they - some sort of pastry thing or what?

And what's with English Muffins, as they're definately NOT English!

johnstone1985

Just Browsing
Media
[quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=women;num=1063665086;start=0#5 date=09/15/03 at 19:07:25]Forget the bacon. If I find someone willing to go to the trouble of fixing me tripe properly, now that's love! :D[/quote]

Come to Scotland, Tripe is the kind of thing your granny makes every second Sunday, for your Sunday lunch, and they always make it too perfection!

But what really gets me when I venture out of Scottyland is the lack of Square (Lorne) Sausages, 'Tatie' Scones and Crispy Rolls - they all make up MY morning breakfast.

:D Who is he trying to kid... perfect tripe! ;)

wvalady1968: [quote author=longtimelurker link=board=women;num=1063665086;start=0#9 date=09/16/03 at 10:37:44]

That reminds me - when I was on holiday in Florida a couple of years ago I kept hearing about 'biscuits in gravy'. I am presuming your biscuits are very different to ours, or otherwise that sounds disgusting!  :p

So what are they - some sort of pastry thing or what?

And what's with English Muffins, as they're definately NOT English![/quote]

Think plain scones. Not in wedges but formed into smaller than "English muffin" circles. With butter and gravy. Or with butter and jam.

::)

longtimelurker: [quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=women;num=1063665086;start=0#11 date=09/16/03 at 17:28:17]

Think plain scones. Not in wedges but formed into smaller than "English muffin" circles. With butter and gravy. Or with butter and jam.

[/quote]

Thanx - in case you didn't know, our 'biscuits' are basically cookies, although they tend not to be as soft and gooey. Better for a good dunk in some coffee, though! :)

wvalady1968: I knew. I'm a big fan of the Britcoms on PBS.
And a long time Anglophile.

sammygirly: Max and I have the biscuits argument all the time :D

THEY ARE COOKIES! AND ONE DOES NOT PUT GRAVY ON COOKIES!!

prepky: sammy...in the south we put gravy on everything ;D, especially if it is fried!!!

Tender: ok well i have to clear up the buscuit thing here. :) im confused on the cookie, scone whatever thingies ???
in MO we have buscuits and gravy. you know like a roll except they are not made with yeast. usually baking soda instead. they are crumbly and flakey, have a light texture to them, unless you eat at my granny's and they are like lava rocks.lol! :D
they are served hot and covered with hot milk gravy usually flavored with salt and black pepper. the gravy frequently has ground pork sausage in it.
hmm. ok i hope i explained all that right.

now back to MY favorite breakfast, ;)
my guy serves me breakfast in bed --fresh, warm and sweet... :p
but i must say, im usually starved afterwards!!

sammygirly: I'm a big fan of garlic bread in the morning...I have no idea why...

gigantikok: Hell, I'm a big fan of garlic bread period. Nothing hits the spot like a piece of garlic bread with my pas-ghetti.

In regards to breakfast, I think I prefer sausage that looks like little pieces of dogshit over bacon. Now THAT'S good eating, mmm mmm mmm. :D