Bad Behavior of Stevens volunteers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kalipygian, Nov 6, 2008.

1. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    When I go out sign waving, I pound in signs some signs when I arrive, and take them with me when I leave.

I usually get there much earlier than the opposing campaigns are expected to, and stay later.

This time I had signs for Begich, Berkowitz, and Obama, I was mainly there for Begich, and had a 4'x8' sign I stood behind.

The Don Young people were well behaved, friendly, and local. They came and left, and the signs that I had put in before they arrived were still there when they left.

The Stevens people were nearly all very junior staffers flown up from DC, who were obliged to 'volunteer' if they wanted to keep their jobs. Monday afternoon they knocked down eight Begich and Berkowitz signs, two of which I was unable to find after they left. Tuesday afternoon they knocked down four signs, on two corners where there were no sign wavers from other campaigns. They also got in front of and obstructed people who were there before them, and shouted a lot of rude things, such as 'Obama Bin Laden'. I also saw one woman with a McCain-Palin sign pull up a Berkowitz sign, and throw it in the shubbery. That is lowering the standard of behavior.

It is not a decent tactic to ever even touch the materials of an opposing campaign, I have not done so once, if I heard from within a campaign of it being done by anyone on my side I would see that it was stopped. I would not volunteer for a candidate who tolerated it. People have no right to, it is interfering with the right to free speech. If I arrived after the opposition was already there, I would go to an unoccupied corner, not jump in front of them or obstruct them. That is very rude.

2. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    I gotta agree with you bad behavior all around but sounds like they got a free trip to Alaska.

3. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I guess the name 'Berkowitz' just didn't appeal to the types of people who inhabit Palin's "real America."

4. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

I've seen stuff like this for years from both sides. The local dem party chairman did everything he could to deny the reps a polling place. It's all childish and stupid.

5. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    Actually we Alaskans are great people for the most part specially us oldtimers who have been here over 10 yrs. Remember Kalipygian said the culprits were from DC

Draft saved Draft deleted