Bad day good day

B_Anzalone

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Today was my 3rd of day of my senior year of high school and its okay.

I have block scheduling, 4 blocks each day, and each day is either Red day or White day(school colors)

R1 Art appreciation 1500 to today
R2 Theatre III
R3 Entertainment Tech
R4 Ap Music Theory

W1 American Heritage
W2 Creative Writing/Communication Arts V
W3 Costume Design
W4 French III

I'm pretty happy with my schedule, I got all the classes i wanted to, and besides that I might get to direct a couple school plays. One of my old friends came in (he graduated last year) and it turns out he got a free ride scholarship to the local college because the experience he had in our school's theatre department. And if I'm lucky enough i hope to get the same deal.

I really enjoy theatre and anything involved!

So i come home, gotta come back to reality, i walk through the door and all the lights in the house are on(even though the windows are all open and its sunny) and my brother has his stereo on blaring, all i can hear is "fuck this! fuck that! N*gg*r" so i walk in and turn his stereo down.
"Hello? Andrew?" I call to him, and he comes out from the hallway.
"Dude look at this thing i just made!" he pulled out a pen with a piece of string through it, and a couple small blue lights ted on the ends of the string(this is a device to use when taking ecstacy it leaves light trails and it looks weird) andway he starts spinning it, and i look away. But when i look back he throws it at me, and hits me in the forehead, making my throbbing headache all the worse.
I start yelling insults at him, but i hardly had enough breath to keep the continous stream of insults i would have liked to unleash on him. So here comes my mom, "He didn't mean to do it." and my bro looks at her and says "Yea I did." laughing, she looks at him and walks away.

lol, its kinda funny, but i was really pissed off, i had just gotten home and he couldnt wait to start some shit with me...

And every morning when i drive to school he mocks me becuase i go to high school, and he doesnt have to because he dropped out.

Idk, i just wanted to type, vent a little, and get this stuff off my chest.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
OMG. Where are the Calculus, Chemistry and Literature classes? Or maybe readin', 'ritin', 'rithmetic and science aren't required of a Senior in High School anymore.

B_Anzalone

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pecker said:
OMG. Where are the Calculus, Chemistry and Literature classes? Or maybe readin', 'ritin', 'rithmetic and science aren't required of a Senior in High School anymore.

Well at my school there arent any required classes as a senior, only electives (like 3d art, multimedia, and extra stuff like that.)

But i do have plenty of Readin; and 'ritin'... I already did my time with science and mathmetics.

Algebra 1 and 2 and geometry
physical science, chemistry, and biology

I've never seen block scheduling used that way before. At my high school we had block scheduling, but we had pretty much the same classes every day. The main classes (English, History, German, Maths, Sciences, etc.) met every day. Only minor or elective "half-credit" classes like gym, music, art, and other elective classes were every other day, so we actually had only four to five classes per semester, as opposed to still having eight or nine classes, but meeting on alternate days.

Silly Pecker! Calculus?! HA! No calculus for me! Music majors don't require higher math.

As far as Literature, that was the overwhelming focus of all the English classes at my high school, despite the fact that the vast majority of my fellow classmates could barely put together a coherent sentence, much distinguish an apostrophe from a semicolon. But the teachers felt it was more appropriate to lecture about English poetry and Shakespearian literature than actually diagram a sentence or two. I don't know how they sleep at night knowing they're graduating kids who don't know the difference between "your" and "you're" or "who" and "whom"

But I already posted a thread about my grammar woes.

As for your brother, he may be the one laughing now, but in a few years you'll be the one laughing at him for being the high school dropout living at home with your parents.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Pecker said:

I took Retail Management, Electronics, Consumer Education, Sociology, Metal Shop (parts 5 and 6) and a few other electives in Senior year Once the math, science, English and history requirements had been completed the entire school experience was based on getting the required number of credits for graduating

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm sorry that you had a bad end to your day, especially when the school day seemed to go pretty well. Hang in there--as said before, this time isn;t forever. Not too much longer, you will be out of that life, and building a new one for yourself. From now on, you are the one making your life, not them, unless you let them. You are obviously smart, and strong, so you'll do fine, if you choose to. Make it happen!

cindy

Just Browsing
Media
Anzalone said:
Today was my 3rd of day of my senior year of high school and its okay.

I have block scheduling, 4 blocks each day, and each day is either Red day or White day(school colors)

R1 Art appreciation 1500 to today
R2 Theatre III
R3 Entertainment Tech
R4 Ap Music Theory

W1 American Heritage
W2 Creative Writing/Communication Arts V
W3 Costume Design
W4 French III

I'm pretty happy with my schedule, I got all the classes i wanted to, and besides that I might get to direct a couple school plays. One of my old friends came in (he graduated last year) and it turns out he got a free ride scholarship to the local college because the experience he had in our school's theatre department. And if I'm lucky enough i hope to get the same deal.

I really enjoy theatre and anything involved!

So i come home, gotta come back to reality, i walk through the door and all the lights in the house are on(even though the windows are all open and its sunny) and my brother has his stereo on blaring, all i can hear is "fuck this! fuck that! N*gg*r" so i walk in and turn his stereo down.
"Hello? Andrew?" I call to him, and he comes out from the hallway.
"Dude look at this thing i just made!" he pulled out a pen with a piece of string through it, and a couple small blue lights ted on the ends of the string(this is a device to use when taking ecstacy it leaves light trails and it looks weird) andway he starts spinning it, and i look away. But when i look back he throws it at me, and hits me in the forehead, making my throbbing headache all the worse.
I start yelling insults at him, but i hardly had enough breath to keep the continous stream of insults i would have liked to unleash on him. So here comes my mom, "He didn't mean to do it." and my bro looks at her and says "Yea I did." laughing, she looks at him and walks away.

lol, its kinda funny, but i was really pissed off, i had just gotten home and he couldnt wait to start some shit with me...

And every morning when i drive to school he mocks me becuase i go to high school, and he doesnt have to because he dropped out.

Idk, i just wanted to type, vent a little, and get this stuff off my chest.
You hang in there dude I would have love to finish high school and not dropped out in my senioryear,but things happen and now it is to late that there is thing I can do ,but go get my ged and it is hard for me though I am going to make that my goal and be pourd of myself so you continue and be pourd of your goals you become whom you want to be come okay.

bigtwin

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anzalone,

Definitely stay in school - do you best in whatever classes you enrole and GRADUATE! Try to cope with the distractions, family or otherwise. You might be able to get help with that from a counselor or such. Do you have plans to attend college?