Bad head pains after ejaculation

D_ExJagSack

Experimental Member
Media
This has happened to me 4-5 times now.. it's a really bad shooting pain at the back of my head and occurs on the build up and after ejaculating and lasts for 15 to 30 mins.. i havent yet seen a doctor but has anyone suffered from it and knows what it could be :confused:

Chris_82

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've had this happen to me a few times while enjoying myself. The best I could tell, I think I was really dehydrated when it happened.

RedBear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I had this happen about 10 years ago. INCREDIBLE pain at one point that lasted at least 16 hours. I had the same effect from lifting heavy. I went tot he doctor and ran all sorts of test - but found nothing. It went away after a month or two. And yes, it sucked not being able to cum that long - certainly not intense orgasms.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
This has happened to me 4-5 times now.. it's a really bad shooting pain at the back of my head and occurs on the build up and after ejaculating and lasts for 15 to 30 mins.. i havent yet seen a doctor but has anyone suffered from it and knows what it could be :confused:

You say 4-5 times but over how many days?

Do you generally get headaches at other times (some people don't)?

Do you notice any other symptoms at all? Is your vision ok during that time? Is the headache accompanied by nausea?

How far down the back of your head? Does the pain go down the back or side of your neck or is it limited to the back of your head? Many headaches are caused by neck and shoulder muscle and nerve issues.

Are you regularly urinating? Like the others have said, increase your hydration, drink sports drinks and see if that helps.

You say it occurs on the buildup and that is the time when everyone's brain is not getting as much oxygen/blood (hence the orgasm term, "the little death" but obviously it should not be painful so I would think that if this has come on suddenly and continued over a period of more than a week that a doctor visit is in order. The doctor will want to know other stuff like how much caffeine do you consume each day, do you smoke, etc., because those affect the brain's blood vessels.

Let us know how it all turns out!

Last edited:

scruffylookin

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
By All Means see a doctor as soon as you can, dehydration is definitly top of my list too but also have them check your blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. Also was there any substance use like poppers?

D_ExJagSack

Experimental Member
Media
You say 4-5 times but over how many days?

Do you generally get headaches at other times (some people don't)?

Do you notice any other symptoms at all? Is your vision ok during that time? Is the headache accompanied by nausea?

How far down the back of your head? Does the pain go down the back or side of your neck or is it limited to the back of your head? Many headaches are caused by neck and shoulder muscle and nerve issues.

Are you regularly urinating? Like the others have said, increase your hydration, drink sports drinks and see if that helps.

You say it occurs on the buildup and that is the time when everyone's brain is not getting as much oxygen/blood (hence the orgasm term, "the little death" but obviously it should not be painful so I would think that if this has come on suddenly and continued over a period of more than a week that a doctor visit is in order. The doctor will want to know other stuff like how much caffeine do you consume each day, do you smoke, etc., because those affect the brain's blood vessels.

Let us know how it all turns out!

4-5 times over a couple of days, these headaches only occur when im building up to cum and just after.. then an attack of severe throbbing pains at the back of my head (left hand side) only in my head no where else. I get a slight feeling of sickness, and vision may be a bit fuzzy, i persume i may be dehydrated as i dont drink as much as i should and the weather has been hot.
I drink tea and juice, dont smoke, and generally eat healthy. :smile:

bravestarr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Believe it or not you are experiencing what is often refered to as orgasmic(coital) cephalalgia. It's when your head/neck muscles stiffens and your blood vessels in your brain begin to dilate. Blood pressure may also rise. There is nothing to be too concerned about unless the headaches become severe or other symptoms also happen pre or post ejaculation.

D_ExJagSack

Experimental Member
Media
Believe it or not you are experiencing what is often refered to as orgasmic(coital) cephalalgia. It's when your head/neck muscles stiffens and your blood vessels in your brain begin to dilate. Blood pressure may also rise. There is nothing to be too concerned about unless the headaches become severe or other symptoms also happen pre or post ejaculation.

Ok doc.. :rolleyes: If i die its ur fault!

lickme69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I know you are basically asking men their advice on this subject, but i would like to add something. This recently happened to me too after having an orgasm. The pain was so intense i had to lay there for about 15 minutes until it let up some and then i still had a headache for the rest of the day. I went to the doctor and they attribute it to my blood pressure. I have high blood pressure and at times it can really skyrocket even while on my meds. I was put in the hospital once because it got so high. So maybe have your doctor check you for hypertension.

bravestarr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Uhmm ... I am going to revert your diagnosis .. Uhmm ... those druga wont help and your body does not need diet, you are perfectly healthy and normal so you still need TO CUM lol by doctors order :tongue:

And no more cumming for you either... :biggrin1:

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Getting back to the serious ? of the OP, try drinking sports drinks now, until you are pissing often. If that does not stop the headache the next time you cum, see a doctor before cumming again. Those who had this might chime in again but it seems to me that headache with nausea and vision irregularities dictate you see a doctor. If you call a doctor's office and you are completely honest with the person scheduling your appointment, if they want you to come in right away, you know it is nothing to joke about and you should not delay. Even if it is dehydration, it could take a few days to fully recover.
Stay in touch!
:smile:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Like it's been pointed out, it's undoubtedly what's commonly called a post coital headache, it feels like lighting going off in your head but is normally of fairly short duration HOWEVER you should get it checked out just to ensure there's no other underlying cause.

enormouslyaverage

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is a ton of posts to read through, but I had this as well. I went to the doctor for it and they said it's surprisingly common...yet there's no real explanation for it. They said it was a combination of things like stress, internal chemicals, water levels, etc with no real way to prevent/cause it. Once I went to the doctor about it I had no further trouble with it though.