Bad news

Orey

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I only just started posting on this site but have lurked for over a year. I always felt DMW to be smart, witty, and funny. I am going thru so much personally right now, loss of job, unemployment, etc. I turn to this site for enjoyment. Then I read this today. One more sad thing to add to the heap.

Spladle, don't quit. I enjoy your posts and yuo are to young to give up. Life is full of hurts, it's our job to make sense of them and drow from them.

tillyrox

Experimental Member
Media
To all of jacinto's family my thoughts are with you, i talked to dmw a couple of times and he was a kind and gentle man, he will be sorely missed on this site and no one will ever be able to fill the void he has left.

I know he will be in heaven watching over us. Jacinto will long live in all our hearts.

Rest In Peace

Matilda

OldLady

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Usually a lurker, but I've long admired Jacinto's posts, intelligence, and wit. He was a wonderful young man and I'm sorry for your terrible and sudden loss.

My sincere condolences to the Nunez family and loved ones.

OldLady

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
brainzz_n_dong said:
My condolences go out to kidbro and all of his family. I only chatted with DMW once, but being the brother of a teacher I had to respect anyone that took on the job of educating young people and felt passionately about it.

I don't know if it would be stepping over a line, but one thing that could be done is to scour the web sites of the newspapers in the area that he lived to find out more details about when and where his funeral will be held. I don't think anyone here would want to intrude, but perhaps some of his close friends here, and others that respected him, would like to show his family how he reached out and touched you...through a card, flowers, or whatever you find appropriate.

Great idea. I don't know where Jacinto lived beyond his state (per his profile), but I would like to send something appropriate. Also, if anyone posts with some real life contact information, perhaps it can be limited to the funeral home, church, or similar, place where any memorial, or service, might be held. If people want to send cards or related, it could be sent to the venue addressed perhaps to "Family of Jacino Nunez, c/o [place]." It would offer some degree of privacy and filtering for the family.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Most funeral homes will not release any personal information about a deceased or their family (address, phone number, email addresses) but will forward cards or emails or phone messages to them. If someone can find an obituary, (nothing is listed on Legacy.com yet) you could contact the funeral home in charge of arrangements and forward any cards or messages to the Nunez family through the funeral home.

panthera

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I surely would like to express my condolences to his family - but I also have this feeling somewhere in the back of my mind that not everybody would necessarily be overjoyed if all these cards and letters start coming in from a large penis support group...
Just a thought, maybe I am way wrong here, but perhaps it would be best to ask his brother what he thinks and then abide by his wishes? Remember, only one of us needs to slip a comment in about doublemeatwhopper and some stupid student or other will find a perfect time to make an inappropriate comment or two. Or three.
Damn, if he were here now I just know he would have an idea what to do.
I am going to miss him - he was a real gentleman.

dan123

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This is so sad- if he wasn't posting something funny, it was something intelligent and thoughtful.

Such a shock and such a shame.

R.I.P

B_JohnTheHorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is very sad indeed. DMW is now the 2nd person on this site that I have known (in cyberspace) who has passed away (the first being grandpa 2 years ago). Unlike Grandpa though, DMW was young and had his entire life ahead of him.

Rest in peace Jacinto!

OldLady

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
panthera said:
I surely would like to express my condolences to his family - but I also have this feeling somewhere in the back of my mind that not everybody would necessarily be overjoyed if all these cards and letters start coming in from a large penis support group...
Just a thought, maybe I am way wrong here, but perhaps it would be best to ask his brother what he thinks and then abide by his wishes? Remember, only one of us needs to slip a comment in about doublemeatwhopper and some stupid student or other will find a perfect time to make an inappropriate comment or two. Or three.
Damn, if he were here now I just know he would have an idea what to do.
I am going to miss him - he was a real gentleman.

Yes, panthera, I was also thinking that after posting.

I'm concerned that his younger brother might be too overwhelmed to take on the responsibility at this point in time, but perhaps can there be one or two members here on LPSG that would be willing to share the effort of perhaps accepting emails (or other) notes and whatever, sort them and make sure they are appropriate (cleaning up if necessary for slips, or whatever), then forwarding all of them to his brother? His brother can then suitably share them with his family. A significant issue is whether or not people should convey all of this anonymously still (or first names only), or are willing to share any real life contact information (as simple as only names, or also email addresses, real address, phone #, whatever).

If someone on this community who knew Jacinto well enough and is willing to undertake the difficult (and certainly emotional) task of doing so.

Also, of course, Jacinto's brother can have final say so on this in all ways. He'll end up dealing with his family's concerns or questions what community this came from, or whatever. Or, if his brother is willing, to remain the gobetween for anything/everything.

If this is agreeable, the designated LPSG one or two friends can easily create a free email account where they can accept and screen stuff: cut and paste into a software, or present as original emails (with identifying labels, etc.)

In another community a long time ago, someone had passed away. Two of their long-time friends on that community took care of the efforts to convey numerous messages to the family directly (first at the funeral, and later via mail and related).

Again, I think his brother is going through a lot now. I was only an admirer of Jacinto, I don't even think I even communicated with him directly on any of the boards, but I know there are some folks here that were much closer to him.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can't believe my eyes.

Even though I didn't know him personally, nor ever talk to him via phone or PM, I always thought he was a wondering human in real life.

His abscence will not only be a huge loss to LPSG, but to the whole world.

KidBro - having lost a brother and a sister, I know that you will indeed have hard times ahead of you. Just focus on the good times and remember all of the laughs he created for you. My heart truly goes out to you and your family.

Nony

Just Browsing
Media
Beautiful and most precious friend:

Go with God. Via con Dios.

love always,
Nony

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm really new and feel a little weird adding my 2 cents on this but DMW really caught my attention when I started reading the posts. He was a big reason I became a member and maybe that's his legacy...
All the posters that fed off his common sense and wit and decided to "do more" here than they originally intended?

Rest in peace Jacinto...the seeds of interest you spread WILL grow into a very nice garden you'd be proud of....for all eternity!:smile:

BuddyBoy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
KidBroTrouble said:
I checked out that site. Apparently the only Louisiana newspapers they are affiliated with are "The Advocate" in Baton Rouge and "The Times-Picayune" in New Orleans. How odd that they leave out everyone in Louisiana except those who live in the southeast area of the state. Unless they have resources that they don't list I guess that Jacinto's obituary won't appear there.
No, probably not. :frown1: Very New Orleans-centric that they'd only have those two papers.

However, there are other sites fortunately, so it would be a great kindness to the rest of us if you could tell us in which newspaper and when it will appear.

Mike