Bad skin? Not for me thanks!

Would you dump someone after you found out they have a skin condition?

• Yes, bad skin like eczema or proriasis is too gross for me.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • No, if I'm attracted to a person, I don't care about things like that.

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Dunno, depends on... (please state)

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I put in a "dunno" because it does depend. I knew a guy who had that genetic disease that John Merrick had. Knowing what was creeping up on him as he got older fucked him up mentally. He was unbearable for years. He didn't look like Merrick, but his skin was warty and lumpy.

markohfuckinpolo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Always has been, always will be, lol.

Interesting though, having a disability, (apologies for prying) you must have had first hand expereince of people prejudices, be they intentional or otherwise.

What's your disability and how do you feel people have acted towards you because of it?

If I may ask, of course.

A little like scoliosis, but not. All my vertebra are fused together, not seperate discs, but formed into a curve. It has restricted the growth in my back and upper body. And as a result my posture is bad, which makes walking harder etc. It might be due to Chernobyl, at least that's the best the doctors could come up with. I also have one lung that works at capacity, and one kidney one the normal side, and one in the middle, near the bladder. (Which, interestingly, is where surgeons would place a transplant on any patient.) I was in a wheelchair for most of my early school years, but with physiotherapy my walking improved towards high school, and now I don't use one. I'm pretty lucky really.

It's amazing how people act towards people with disabilities. The worst thing in the world though, is pity.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Interestingly, from the results so far, only 2 out of 10 people would actually be too grossed out to continue seeing someone after they found they had a skin condition. 2 out of 10 would be hesitant depending on its severity and surprisingly 6 out of 10 people 'say' it wouldn't bother them.

I'm a little taken back, i guess because I got it in my head people were more likely to be grossed out and reject someone for a skin condition then it appears they really would be.

But then, I do sometimes have a low opinion of people, lol.

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
GREAT thread... it got me thinking [WOW, something new... :p], and the truth is, I'm not sure... I think, deppending on the skin condition. if IT was something completly gross and 'I CAN'T PUT MY MOUTH THERE!' kind of thing, I think I would be selfish and break it up...

GOOD QUESTION.. maybe someday, when it really happens to me, I'll change opinion...

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Marleyguy gas been trying to come off as a wise guy, but this would only be apparent if it was a conversation.

If it looks bad in cold print, it probably is, even if you didn't intend for it to be taken that way.

but there's nothing wrong with asking if skin problems are worthy of writing someone off as not dateable?? might as well ask if handicaps turn someone off because no matter how you try to paint it, it was a superficial question

B_Artful Dodger

Experimental Member
Media
You have to be pretty shallow not to be able to look through somthing as meaningless as skin.
There are people in the world afterall who are in love with people who have far worse conditions, of all sorts, than eczema.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
but there's nothing wrong with asking if skin problems are worthy of writing someone off as not dateable?? might as well ask if handicaps turn someone off because no matter how you try to paint it, it was a superficial question

Not really. Having "elephant man" disease was something my classmate had. It made him smell and there were bumps on his face. His skull was distorted. He became very prone to outbursts and anger.

Tell me what: was he the problem, or was the problem becoming him. Or was it knowing you'd die young and no one would want to touch you as another human being? I don't see you having that problem, or knowing anyone who is affected. You get isolated and shut away and fill yourself with self loathing.

You are being asked if the mind set of another can be affected by appearance, and you ought to know the answer to that question.

Otherwise there wouldn't be a thread about Obama.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I dunno, either.

Having had a continuously expanding condition of vitiligo since the age of 15, I am fairly sure that some have ruled me out for it. It is the appearance of small, white, tanless skin patches, usually on dark-skinned people. They grow slowly in size over the years, and although not harmful, contagious, or
different in texture from regular skin, they can appear quite strange, especially during the tanning season, when the surrounding dark skin contrasts sharply with them. Now in my 50's, I am practically all white except for a few remaining irregular dark splotches on my lower legs that I hope will soon turn white as well, just for uniformity's sake.

I have only heard a few careless remarks on this condition over the years from children and immature people, i.e., "What's wrong with you?", "I thought you had the mange or something.", etc. Many don't seem to care, but who knows? It used to be visible on my hands and face when spreading there in my teens and 20's, and I had some dating experiences with guys that lasted 5 years, a few months, etc. But I have a pretty nice body and cock (not outstanding, mind you), mixed with a kind, humorous, slightly self-deprecating personality that appeals to a few but not to many.

Now the remaining dark spots on my legs can be easily covered with long pants, and I haven't sensed people that I have dated wanting to dump me after viewing the full monty. (Yes, my dick is also WHITE; so much so you can barely make out the circumcision scar).

But even with all this, the appearance of rough, scaly skin to a large degree might turn me off, I just "dunno". I have stuck with partners who had rotting teeth (one for 7 years) because I loved them, and could easily overlook the imperfection. Interestingly, most of my partners have had dark, smooth skin with few blemishes, so I still consider myself unqualified to say yes or no.

D_Garlyk Goldenarm

Just Browsing
Media
My ex had psoriasis. She was embarrassed about it. I didn't mind it. I kissed everywhere on her, even the bad skins parts. It made her feel good about herself and she got over it.

Then she cheated and now she's gone. Freedom!! :D.

Broken5150

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had the pleasure of dealing with severe cystic acne from age 17-23 on my back, chest, and neck. Those years are the magic years correct? Well they were hell for me. Most of it was brought on by myself but some was contributed to by strangers. I remember being so self-conscious that I wouldn't date or go out or even go swimming. I had a few suicidal thoughts as well. My sex life was non-existent, in fact I didn't have sex until I was 25. Luckily I found a dermatologist that saved my life when I was 23. Took some Acutane and within a year I was cured for the most part.

I write all of this so that those that dont understand or have never had to deal with this kind of thing will know how debilitating skin issues can be, even if its all in your head. I see kids with really bad acne and I want to rush them to a dermatologist so that they can get fixed up. We put so much into beauty and make people feel so bad for not fitting some image.

Having been through that made me look into more of who a person is on the inside than the outside. There are some truly beautiful "ugly" people out there and some really ugly ones that are "beautiful".

Broken:biggrin1:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Maybehaps the view many got from "I was a Teenaged Frankenstein" --waking up feeling hideous, scarred and damaged in the area most people find their major asset--the face. The movie is not much good, but you understand the horror.

And that old teen aged insult having a "pizza face"....

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
So so Wrong! your not as clever as perhaps you think!

Marleyisalegend guy thinks he's pretty clever. And claims he writes when he is drunk. It shows.

And writing is a process, and the more you do and learn from the mistakes, the better you get.

And perhaps he'll master the words enough so the reader can tell he is winking.

Currently, he's not that good.

Vanbrugh

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Marleyisalegend guy thinks he's pretty clever. And claims he writes when he is drunk. It shows.

And writing is a process, and the more you do and learn from the mistakes, the better you get.

And perhaps he'll master the words enough so the reader can tell he is winking.

Currently, he's not that good.
Good point well made!