bad sweating problem

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by D_eegby6ry, Jul 24, 2008.

1. D_eegby6ry

D_eegby6ry New Member

Hey guys, i have a question for all of you

I tend to sweat alot. and not just everyehwre, only under my arms.

my pits get so sweaty and i wont even be hot or anything.

ive tried many different types of deoderant but none seem to work

help!

2. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sweating isn't a bad thing. It's only bad if you sweat and STINK. Sweating is one of the big ways the body rids itself of toxins. So unless it's a problem even when you aren't hot or exercising, or if you stink. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

3. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

I sweat even when it's cold outside. My hands and feet will sweat in the dead of winter. I don't know why but they do.

4. D_eegby6ry

D_eegby6ry New Member

yes but i dont wanna sweat ha

i mean i know its natural but it also looks very gross walking around with sweat stains under my arms and it aint even hot out! lol

just wondering how does one stop the excessive sweating and jsut sweat normally

5. uncutaussie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Talk to your doctor, there are injections they can give into the arm pit to stop you sweating excessively.... I think I'm going to get the treatment soon also, it's weird, even in winter, but it tends to be when I get too cold in winter.. almost like my body is trying to balance it's temperature using the same methods as in summer. I hate it!

6. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think you can actually botox the sweat glands underneath your arms if it is becoming a major concern, though I do not know anyone who has had this done personally and I think they only do it if the problem is quite problematic and a real burden in their lives.

7. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    it's true about the botox...
    I know someone who had a problem with excessive sweating...
    he could hold a napkin in his hand & it would be soaked within minutes...
    but he went to a couple of doctors & they solved his problem...

8. CALAMBO

Gold Member

Albums:
    in my 20's went thru a similar period...damn i hated it...looking back i suspect i was having a hormone influx...sproated more hair everywhere..i was a late bloomer...horny as hell...maybe same thing happening to you...don't sweat it...sorry about that pun

9. canuck_pa

Gold Member

I used to have the same problem and I know it can be embarrassing. A friend told me about a solution available from a pharmacist called 20% aluminum chlorhydrate. It was fantastic, but, it was very harsh on my skin and I ended up with a rash. I started to use underarm shields.

Eventually I just decided to live with it. And now I don't sweat very much unless I'm hot and stressed. I think one reason I was sweating was being stressed about sweating.

Now I use Mitchum Anti-Prespirant, deodorant stick unscented and a very light cologne.

When choosing a deodorant remember a deodorant only helps reduce odour, an anti-perspirant helps reduce sweat.

Two suggestions, see your doctor or a naturopath pharmacy. I've heard there's some very good natural remedies.

10. diana24

diana24 Member

Albums:
    i would deffenitly talk to a doctor and it may sound wird but check your suger level in the blod and urin infaction! i know a lot people with sweating in cold or hot , usualy skinny, if for you happent anytime to sweat and your skin in cold in the hot day i deffenitly will go and check everything in blood and urine !

11. pluto

pluto New Member

I have the same condition. It's called hyperhydrosis, and besides having surgery (fuck that, because you're doing it for social acceptance) there's little you can do about it. When I was a teen, I noticed I sweated like a waterfall. I thought it was a good sign, that I was getting rid of all the bad stuff, but actually excessive sweating is physiologically inefficient.
    Since I also have anxiety problems, which increased the sweat, I learned meditation to decrease the anxiety. This has helped decrease my sweating in social situations but I still drop gallons of water when exercising. And in the summer I notice it more, but know what? I see lots of people walking around in the summer sweating too.
    I am slowly learning to be confidant no matter what I look like. Now I just walk around, and if I sweat, I sweat - this attitude change has actually decreased my sweating too. The more you pay attention to the condition, the more nervous you'll get and the more you'll sweat.

12. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thank you Pluto, I was trying to thank of the name for it: hyperhydrosis. A friend of mine suffers from this, sweaty hands and all. He is of a nervous disposition, which doesn't help.

But Nappydymo, unless there's an odour problem, I wouldn't worry. When I was 13 a student teacher held a drama lesson at school where several classes attended in the main hall of the school. It was a hot day, and the guy was probably nervous and he got huge wet stains under the arms of his white cotton shirt which grew and grew. I thought it was fucking sexy, such a turn on. Anyway, of the 60 or so cheeky lads that were there not one made a comment or ribbed him about it.

And just think of the pheremones you must be pumping out!

#12 MarkLondon, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  13. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hey nappy,

I'd go to a pharmacist and ask him and explain what you have here. If anyone knows a good remedy, it would probably be him/her.

14. Cockmo

Cockmo Active Member

Albums:
    I agree, Botox is the only solution; but, go on line (google) and type in "Excessive Sweating". You'll find several sites. It can be very embarrasing, especially in a social setting. AND, the more you stress about it in public the MORE you will sweat. It's almost mind over matter. Wear a tee-shirt and try to give those pits a little room to breath. One remedy for me was to enter the social setting and get the sweat going. Then excuse myself to the bathroom, put paper towels under my pits to soak up the sweat, and return to the group much more relaxed. Hey - it works for me!!

15. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    It seems to me that I'd not mind sweating if I were trim and healthy ( which I am more or less) than to sweat and look obese.

Another solution is to carry extra t shirts and shirts with you, and a towel. If you are too self conscious, this should ease up the burden you feel you have.

16. Mr.Grande

Mr.Grande New Member

Albums:
    Wear an undershirt. It may help with the sweat marks. Good luck.

17. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm very weary of getting any injections into sweat glands and such. You never know the Long term effects on what it will do to you later in life. Like I said...its not a bad thing if you sweat and you being so young...you should really just deal with it unless it's an odor problem. You're a man...men sweat. I wouldn't do anything medical unless I had too, especially since you're not thru growing and hormones still being overactive. :)

18. Meniscus

Gold Member

I'd be very cautious about botox treatment for hyperhydrosis. From what I've read about it, it's expensive, painful (the swelling can take several weeks to go away), and has to be repeated about every 6 months.

19. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:
    False. I have severe hyperhydrosis of the underarm. My dermatologist gave me botox injections and it felt like a bunch of ant bites except there was NO swelling or itching. The whole procedure took like 10 minutes and my insurance even paid for it. It has completely cured mine, and it only has to be repeated every 8 months for me. It is amazing. It used to be I'd have to carry an extra shirt of a roll of Bounty paper towels with me everywhere, so that when I get where I'm going I wouldn't look like I'd been running in 103 degree heat. I would recommend this to ANYONE that has hyperhydrosis, it will make you feel more confident, and keep you dry.

#19 Dorian_Gray, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  20. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    What's the difference between "good sweat" and "bad sweat"?

(just kidding)

Draft saved Draft deleted