Bad tempers.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Rugbypup, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Do any of you have a bad temper?

Has your temper got you in trouble before?

I have a temper for sure, but only certain things spark me off. It can take me a long time to cool right down again. I have said and done things that although I haven't as much regretted, I have thought I might have done a little different if i wasn't totally enraged at the time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not violent but I do have an unpleasant dark side that flashes out sometimes if I'm serious offended and upset by someone and I have just walked away before now and never had anything to do with whomever pissed me off again.

What about you guys?

#1 Rugbypup, Jun 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  2. midlifebear

Gold Member

The one thing I hate more than just about anything else is losing my cool. Very uncool. However, I do enjoy serving revenge, cold.

3. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    yes I have a very bad temper
    don't piss me off I am running out of room to bury the bodies

4. tiggerpoo

Gold Member

Yep, big temper here. I've had to work on it some, discover the triggers and work on control techniques. Pretty much in control nowadays but am still rather scared of an explosion.

5. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have mellowed out over the years. It used to take very little for me to go apeshit, but now....well it takes alot. However if you ever get me truly pissed off (which hasn't happened in several years), you best stay the fuck back.....I turn into a rabid bear and if you're in my way...well it was nice knowing you lol

6. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    It takes a lot to get me to that boil, but by that point it's not really a bad temper... the proper term is W-R-A-T-H.

7. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Yeah - I'm with rawbone on that one too.

I used to be a veritable firecracker - getting it out of my system before I could even work out what had pissed me off - but, while that worked for me, it left a lot of other people hurt and confused by my verbal attacks (never got physical bar in self-defense - though I did sometimes threaten, which is a fairly nasty thing to do too).

These days I'm far better at knowing what is worth getting angry about and what isn't - most stuff isn't. So when I do get angry it isn't a question of bad temper, but of proper wrath (as rawb says).

I do have my tetchy days - PMT and sometimes even non-hormonal crankiness - I notice fairly quickly that I'm snarly and reign it in. I have lived with people who take their snarliness out on everyone but themselves, it isn't pleasant - I don't intend to be one of them.

#7 ManlyBanisters, Jun 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  8. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Bad temper? What a fucking stupid question. I don't have a bed temper you daft twat. :mad:

9. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's me.

10. Mr. Bungle

Gold Member

Albums:
    Me too - I'm a really laid-back person, and I can only think of a couple times in the last 10 YEARS even, where I've really blown my cool. I mean, my friends still talk about it... (no people or animals were harmed in the carrying out of Mr. Bungle's wrath) :biggrin1:

11. Fed Agent

Fed Agent New Member

Albums:
    The aggressive/bad temper comes from the body producing a lot of Testosterone ..... which makes me a very aggressive man and I luv rough sex.

12. omgiswatdeysay

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Most people relate their tempers to having a "short fuse". My temper is like primacord waiting for a detonator...22,000 feet per second of explosive fury. But other than that, I'm a pretty nice guy.

13. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I have an explosive temper, as most have been able to tell. But it one comes out when there are stupid people around provoking me.

14. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Piss me off badly enough, and you'll see my temper go to defcon1. I'm not kidding- working in retail has worn down my patience to nothing, and if the wrong person gets on me for nothing or for the stupidest thing, you've got all out HELL to pay.

15. Krusader

Gold Member

Albums:
    yea i have a foul temper when i was younger but now i realize getting angry isnt worth it any longer

16. Rubenesque

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have a ferocious temper at times... I have a pretty long fuse unless I'm tired and then the smallest thing can tip me over. And the thing I hate most, is when I'm in a real rage I can end up crying (not because I'm upset, just because of the enormous emotion involved), and that just makes me even angrier because I don't want to appear weak when I'm so furious about something.

I had a real gripe with one of my daughters teachers once, and I ended up crying with anger.... I was furious all the way home because I was sure she thought she had the upper hand and had upset me. Sooooooooo irrational!

17. D_Portelay Porquesword

I get angry and blow up sometimes but I am learning that blowing up solves nothing. I try to channel all the energy from anger into other things.

Righteous anger on the other hand....look out. You can feel it in all 4 corners of the Earth.

18. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Only infrequently. Last night for instance. I kicked my piece of shit PC and snapped my keyboard...luckily I have a spare.

If it still doesn't work tonight then I'll just use my old, old computer. Its pretty sad that a decade old PC is more reliable than one only a few years old :redface:

Occassionally I also get stressed with people, specifically my sister. Recently she was being insane...eg swearing at me and screaming for something so mundane as me asking where the dog's food was. So I threw a pasty in her face. She is constantly screaming though and it really, really annoys me.

19. Viking_UK

Gold Member

I hardly ever loose my temper. If I do, it's usally because someone's been chipping away at me for a long time, has ignored warnings and deserves what they get.

The last time I came close was four years ago when the company I worked for asked for volunteers to take redundancy. It suited what I wanted at the time as I was thinking of leaving anyway, so why not? They wanted six names and got them, mine included, and my boss refused to let me go. In fact, she laughed when I put my name forward. Oddly enough, two days later, she changed her mind. Maybe she overheard the conversation I had with my supervisor afterwards.

20. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have what is commonly know as "Explosive Anger Disorder". It is most likely a complication from Hypoglycemia, which I have to a good degree, but don't need medical supervision to stabilize my blood sugar.

I used to be a raving lunatic at times. I started a phase of self improvement around 2000 and don't really have the disorder much anymore. I started zen training and have been absorbing stuff from spiritual authors like Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Jon Kabat Zinn, and Andrew Weil. My temper is maybe a third of what it used to be, and that is a manageable level for me. :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted