Bad time to be living in LA?

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe there's a documentary on the end of the world showing every night somewhere. Can't do anything about it anyway. But if scare tactics cause more people to move out of California, then I'm for it.

D

deleted213967

What's wrong with those states? Are they a bit bland?

Mitchymo,

Once again, the safest place for you to be is on top of the Space Needle. I saved you the pointy spot...Hurry while supplies last...:biggrin1:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As for the Yellowstone Caldera, it's been rising at least 2 to 3 inches every year.

And for you LPSG-ers who may live in/around or near Mammoth, California --- well, you know how fast your caldera is rising. There is still, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) a building moratorium in and immediately around Mammoth.

And central Oregon's Three Sisters volcanic area is rising a few cm every decade or so.

Its fascinating that satellite altimetry has gotten so precise as to be able to make such distinctions.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had to take an upper division science elective as part of my cirriculum. I chose NATURAL DISASTERS as many students said it was a great class. It was fascinating, to say the least. I followed that with THE GEOLOGY OF NATIONAL PARKS AND MONUMENTS. If I discovered my interest in geology 20 years sooner, maybe I wouldn't be an accountant today. It's not about IF these events will happen, but WHEN. We still have to live our lives and enjoy. If I'm going to be taken out by a big earthquake and resulting tsunami, then that's my fate, but I'll never leave San Diego just to be safe. I'll take my chances living 3 blocks from the beach. With the global population increasing at an exponential rate, something will have to happen to curb it. Can you imagine the competition for food and water in 100 years? A major natural disaster might just be a blessing in disguise for the human race as long as it isn't an extinction level event.

Media
well as a new yorker, i am concerned about the mega tsunami scenario, but i have heard it as beginning somewhere around Madeira, as there is a huge unstable rock island in the chain of islands that Madeira is in.

but who knows...I live on an extremely high floor in a sky scraper :biggrin1:

as long as the wave is under 200 feet, i should be okay! :biggrin1:
hahahahhahahaha!!!!!!