Bad toupees & wigs

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by arkfarmbear, May 5, 2011.

1. arkfarmbear

arkfarmbear New Member

What is going on with all of these guys sporting bad toupees and wigs that are detectable a mile away? The rich guys look no better than the po' boys. I also am amazed at the guys with bad dye jobs. Look at Mark Cuban on Shark. He seems to be using the black polish on his hair as well as his shoes.

2. houtx48

Gold Member

Yeah nothing worse than over use of Just for Men super black. Once I had the bright idea of dying my eyebrows before it was over and done I looked like Gracho Marxs and the shit would not was out...........LOL

3. musclebare9

Gold Member

Have you seen the "Karate Kid" on Dancing with the Stars? There have been some improvements from the beginning of the show but it hasn't been good.

4. elegant20

Gold Member

I thought Ralph was wearing hairplugs throughout the whole thing. Youthful face, but horrible choice in hairstyles that screams dated or cranky old man. It just reminds you of your annoying cousins that come over to your house and wear that bad rug on their head to avoid a bald spot. Shame, Ralph did have great hair at one point. When 2000 came, it was all downhill for him. But we all get old for some reason, no?

#4 elegant20, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  5. musclebare9

Gold Member

There is something about his eyebrows too. I almost hated to post thinking that he may have recently gone through some form of cancer treatment.

6. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I don't watch Dancing With The Stars; I just looked up Ralph Macchio on IMDb (I can't link it because it has photos of when he was under 18) Some people just don't age well. I can't tell if it's a wig or a hair weave but either way it's pretty horrible.

7. elegant20

Gold Member

Whoever did his eyebrows should be fired for the horrendeous job they did. If someone did that me, I would ask for a refund, Ralph. Just saying...LOL.

I remember his eyebrows were a little thicker than what they are on. I think some people better with thicker eyebrows(see Scott Baio) than they do with almost no eyebrows. Sorry, sometimes they do look better. I am not saying you have to go Groucho Marx on it, but there is one point when a person did look their best when some of their eyebrows looked better than.

8. catman

Gold Member

I love when a guy with a (bad) wig sweats and you can see the obvious 'line' around the hair and rug, a hoot.

Some friends had an inlaw with a legendarily bad wig- one of the wives was training the infant to 'reach and tug' hoping to one day grab the wig. To make it worse the guy was the classic 'old italian guy' big hands, hairy hands, big rings, classic male pattern bald material- and here he was with the mysterious 'full head of (off colored) hair'....

so what is worse- bad rug or bad comb over?

9. elegant20

Gold Member

Good question, catman. And this is a perfect example as to how to not look like crap in public, which sadly Ralph does here. I don't give a crap if he is not making any money......no human being would wear that in public and whoever was using those twizzers went into overdrive....that's almost as bad as Fay Wray's. I think they should be a law against tweezing your eyebrows to this lenght. :eek: It screams cancer patient. Too bad Queer Eye For The Straight Guy got cancelled....they would have scremed "major overhaul" after looking at this...LOL.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm65452800/nm0001494

#9 elegant20, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  10. bayamon_55

bayamon_55 Member

Albums:
    i blame the hairstylist. there is not such a thing as black hair. if you look closely the black hair is actually a very dark shade of ash brown. a good hairstylist should know this.

then again ralph is a has been that probably does his own hair so he just buys a just for men jet black and puts it on.

mens wigs are expensive and they have to be maintained every six weeks. the problem is that us guys are cheap for this sort of thing so we do not maintain them at all. once a wig is not maintained it starts to look like what it is A HORRIBLE WIG.

11. elegant20

Gold Member

Off topic, but is shaved eyebrows becoming the "in thing" now for men? I mean, there is a limit when there is too much eyebrow there, but when you overkill your eyebrows(like Ralph Macchio did)....dont' you think it is time to stop using the tweezers? Look what happened to Freddie Bartholomew when he was an adult. He aged horribly when he peaked at 18 and what he did to those eyebrows was a sin against nature. But what can you do, right? But is it just me or is one eyebrow thicker than the other in that Ralph photo...that screams cancer patient.

#11 elegant20, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  12. arkfarmbear

arkfarmbear New Member

Several years ago I met a guy who had wigs and they were absolutely foolproof. The only reason anyone noticed was because he could move from short to long overnight. He worked in Hollywood and he told us that each wig cost $30,000.00 each. They were made by a company named Ivari Systems. A few months earlier I had spent $5700.00 at Hair Club for Men and it was so disastrous that all there was to do was laugh and share the stories afterward. At that point I just decided to live with it and try to move forward from there. I didn't have $30,000 to blow!

13. catman

Gold Member

WOW.:eek: that is horrific! looks like an animal was shot and died. You can see the side hair is a different color/texture. All he needs is a shirt unbuttoned to his navel and some bad gold chains... I am hoping he was voted off quickly? When he sweats does it make the noticable sweat ring?

I think a hoodie would have looked better than that...

14. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    This guy I saw working out in Vegas had a do-rag and this long hair wig...had not seen a long hair wig on a guy...it was too much

15. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

I've come to the conclusion that the phrase "bad toupee" is redundant.

16. elegant20

Gold Member

Cube, it wasn't Bret Michaels correct? Sorry about that, man. Just had that image of a doorag and long hair.

17. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    nope , just some guy. but he had a good build so it was making him look even worse...I mean the build spoke for itself. Sadly, he was one of these older guys that was so fucking loud and in everyone's space that he was seen as a douche on multiple levels

Draft saved Draft deleted