BADDDDD Movies

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

Inwood: This may have been done before but here it goes again.

There's always the classic bad movies that everyone knows such as "Plan 9 from Outer Space" but what other movies would you nominate for soooooo bad it's good.

Two I like are "Wild Women of Wongo" and "Invasion of the Bee Girls." I only put Wongo first because even though we just shook our heads through most of it there was one scene where one of the women made a facial expression that in a delayed reaction of about 30 seconds had us rolling on the floor unable to stop laughing. Either you'll see it or you won't. But it hurt so bad to laugh that hard. Of course, you also have to take into account that we were five gay guys with really weird senses of humor to begin with so who knows what you'll think of it.

Bee Girls is kind of boring but after a while you start realizing that they manage to use a ton of words starting with, you guessed it, "B." I don't know how they did it and still have the dialogue make sense.

There are a few others but these are the two I put up for you consideration.

2. Imported

Gold Member

happysucks: Bloodsuckers from outer space

Where I get hooked is the King-Fu fight between a zombie redneck and his non zombie grandson, to the sound of banjos.

3. Imported

Gold Member

4. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I've heard it said that Plan 9 From Outer Space was the worst movie ever made. All of Ed Wood's movies were truly bad, no doubt, but whoever said that Plan 9 was the worst had obviously never seen a Filipino horror movie! Apart from Mr. Woods and the Manila Thrillas, I have seen a host of baaad movies. Three that immediately come to mind are Chopper Chicks In Zombietown, Catwomen of the Moon and Drakula Istanbulda. Many more dreadful titles will doubtlessly come to me, but I'll stick with those three.

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I nominate Bad Taste.

Released in New Zealand in 1988, it takes a weird sense of humor to enjoy. I've watched it several times.

Cheezy alien makeup, terrible special effects and awful jokes.

Directed, believe it or not, by LOTR's Peter Jackson, who plays (?) one of the roles.

Pecker

A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in linoleum blown apart.

6. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: [quote author=mindseye link=board=99;num=1075605177;start=0#2 date=01/31/04 at 21:43:27]Cannibal Women of the Avocado Jungle of Death -- you don't really have to watch it; Christine Lavin summarized the entire plot in a song.  [/quote]

OH MY GOD. That movie was so horribly bad it was funny. And you already stole my nomination. :D

7. Imported

Gold Member

happysucks: "Peter Jackson, who plays (?) one of the roles."

Pecker,

Peter Jackson was the Guy who falls off the cliff, has the bird eat his brain. wake up and find what brain is missing, put it back into his head and finnish out the movie.

8. Imported

Gold Member

headbang8: I've lost my taste for the so-bad-they're-good school of bad movies.

I have trouble keeping up with the great movies I want to see, as well as the good books to read, inspiing albums to listen to, and worthwhile people to talk to.

Maybe living in Japan, I OD on things that are meant seriously but are laughable. The whole of Japanese cinema strikes me like Eraserhead.

Funny. In my youth, there was nothing I loved more than a good laugh at say, a Randolph Scott western or Flying Down to Rio. Maybe it was just malicious joy in discovering what lowbrow taste my parents raised me on.

There seems to be trend toward bad stuff that actually triesto be bad, because the bad stuff that tried to be good was so funny that movies which want to be funny have to be incredibly bad on purpose to be half as funny as the really bad ones that didn't try to be funny but were.

(does that make sense?)

I swore off this sort of fare after the Fat Bastard sauna scene in Austin Powers "Goldmember".

By the way, "Goldmember" was a bit of a mind-fuck all round at my place. Especially during the scene where Austin and Foxy visit the Japanese villain. I was watching it on Japanese TV, in English with Japanese subtitles, and the jokes where they were speaking Japanese but half the English subtitles were disguised...well, neither my partner or I could figure out the jokes with the the Japanese subtitles that subtitled the English subtitles as well as subtitling what was said, which of course was perfectly intelligible in Japanese but didn't square with the words at the bottom of the screen.

Oh, well.

9. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

[quote author=happysucks link=board=99;num=1075605177;start=0#6 date=02/01/04 at 07:03:41]"Peter Jackson, who plays (?) one of the roles."

Pecker,

Peter Jackson was the Guy who falls off the cliff, has the bird eat his brain. wake up and find what brain is missing, put it back into his head and finnish out the movie.[/quote]

See? I told you! :D

10. jonb

Gold Member

Well, I just watch bad movies to make fun of them. But at the top of my list would have to be Man's Best Friend. Basically, a horror movie about a genetically-altered Tibetan mastiff, but apparently there must be some cat DNA in him.

11. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

You know the only really bad campy movie I remember was from the '80s, a real humorous one I give you, but not exactly oscar material.

You may have heard of it; Killer Clowns From Outer Space.

And let's not forget another classic campy horror movie; The Toxic Avenger.

12. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: ...and then there's Powertool:

This movie was so bad it went straight to video! It was so bad most of the stars used pseudonyms so they wouldn't be associated with it!

::)

13. jonb

Gold Member

[quote author=MASSIVEPKGOFCHUCK link=board=99;num=1075605177;start=0#10 date=02/01/04 at 16:54:39]You know the only really bad campy movie I remember was from the '80s, a real humorous one I give you, but not exactly oscar material.

And let's not forget another classic campy horror movie; The Toxic Avenger.[/quote]
    The 80s was known for being cheesy. I mean, it was the decade of Porky's, Beastmaster, Back to the Future, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

14. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Whoa, back up there a second, Jonb, Back to the future, Who framed Roger Rabbit, and Porky's are all classics, not to mention excellent.

The movies I described before are the truly campy ones. Those, along with a slew of others that could take up an entire page just cataloging and describing them.

15. jonb

Gold Member

Well, Beastmaster was bad enough that Andre Norton took her name off the credit. (Of course, also, the movie was nothing like her book. LOL)

16. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

Rat Pfink and Boo Boo. I don't think a filmmaker could do worse even intentionally. But it's so bad it's good.

17. Imported

Gold Member

TragicWhiteKnight: [quote author=MASSIVEPKGOFCHUCK link=board=99;num=1075605177;start=0#10 date=02/01/04 at 16:54:39]You know the only really bad campy movie I remember was from the '80s, a real humorous one I give you, but not exactly oscar material.

[/quote]

I think you'll find it's 'Killer Klowns From Outer Space'! As a literary scholar of some repute, I find the basic literacy level of people today outrageous! Kids these days barely know who Sonny Tufts is! ...

[sips whisky pretentiously, then returns to copy of 'Terror Of Tiny Town']

[I kid because I love]

18. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

[quote author=TragicWhiteKnight link=board=99;num=1075605177;start=0#16 date=02/02/04 at 13:24:55][sips whisky pretentiously, then returns to copy of 'Terror Of Tiny Town'][/quote]

Ah, those famous midget movies. Trouble is, the acting in them was miniscule.

(badump bump!)

Pecker

I used to date a dwarf. I was nuts over her.

19. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

[quote author=TragicWhiteKnight link=board=99;num=1075605177;start=0#16 date=02/02/04 at 13:24:55]

I think you'll find it's 'Killer Klowns From Outer Space'!  As a literary scholar of some repute, I find the basic literacy level of people today outrageous!  Kids these days barely know who Sonny Tufts is! ...

[sips whisky pretentiously, then returns to copy of 'Terror Of Tiny Town']

[I kid because I love][/quote]

Oh, well, PAAARRRDDOONN ME!! Since that that particular movie was 15 years ago, and my memory isn't what it used be, I thought the spelling was with a 'C'.

20. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I remembered the spelling being Klowns but the point was made very well even with the misspelling.

The underlying idea behind the movie was that clowns are scary - and for good reason when you find that they became part of our folklore as invaders who have a taste for humans.

Schmaltzy, clumbsy production values with a tongue-in-cheek delivery make it a good watch.

Pecker

He's DEAD Jim! Kick him if you don't believe me!

Draft saved Draft deleted