Bailout plan reached

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_New End, Sep 25, 2008.

1. B_New End

B_New End New Member

A bailout plan is being sent to Paulson... before McCain could reach washington. they did it without his or Obama's help.

Now McCain has to debate. Sorry, dude, but it's on. I hope you're ready.

2. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    I love this... Just wait for the debates, the shit is going to hit the fan. McCain has a HORRIBLE temper...it's going to come out. It may not be on this first one..but it will happen. :)

3. chadstallion

Gold Member

Albums:
    my one cheat meal may have to be this debate; a pizza/ some beer and my big screen tv. when the temper blows, there goes the election!

4. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hahahaha....I bet McCain went "Oh shit! This soon?"

Now he can get his geriatric ass back to the debate....and FAIL!

5. midlifebear

Gold Member

I still need 700 billion dollars!

6. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Oh come on you guys. This was a political tactic... he did that so he would look like the guy who could put the political hub-bub aside and actually deal with what is a paramount crisis.

After all it was McCain who was asking for the Town Hall debates, which I've yet to hear a good reason why Hussien Obama didn't want any part of it.

The effect the debate will have is what the mainstream media tells "dumb America" how it went and whom fared better (and we know how that's going to go).

I have to think that a very very large number of voters have already decided, regardless of the debate. I keep seeing this "when the debates come, McCain will get slaughtered". Bush sucked/sucks at debates and publicly speaking,.. and it didn't cause any slaughter in 2000.

7. B_New End

B_New End New Member

And it just failed miserably.

They never are real town halls anyway. And you can drop the "Hussein" bit. Might as well just show your true bigoted stripes and call him blacky Baracky.

Hmm.. Bush kicked gores ass. He had more charisma, and his answers were more "libertarian", while Gore was basically saying Clinton's big government strategy was fine and dandy.

8. Notaguru2

Gold Member

McCain isn't fit to be president. Panicked, went to DC and they didn't even need him. It was just like... HARRY REID said...

The people know when a stunt has been pulled =) Can't wait to see next week's polls!

9. Redsquall

Redsquall New Member

The country NEEDS for these two to debate. We elect one of them in 40 days for God sake. Work it out, guys.

10. Notaguru2

Gold Member

I really get the feeling he isn't looking forward to this. I give Obama 5 mins before he catches McCain running in circles, chasing his tail. McCain has flipped on so MANY things in one month... its going to be a fucking sideshow.

11. lucky8

Gold Member

Where are you getting this info? Last I've heard, which was 2 hours ago, a plan has not been agreed upon and McCain has stated he will be working through the night...either it's an excuse for not showing up for tomorrow's debate, or an agreement really has not been reached. I'm going with the second option since I'm yet to see a single news briefing about this

12. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    It would seem the far-left Kool-Aid is especially potent today... :rolleyes:

13. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Nope...as of 5pm Thurs in Washington no bailout agreement plan had been reached. Principles of a plan were agreed upon.

McCain never feared debating Barack Obama and the only evidence of there being any fear of a debate between the two men was on the part of Barack Obama who ducked and dodged McCain's request for Town Hall Debates.

Harry Reid needs to make up his mind. First Harry Reid said McCain was needed at the table to make sure the deal went through. When McCain showed leadership and suspended all partisanship and campaigning to focus on the crisis, Reid said that they didn't need McCain. Reid is the one playing politics.

Gallup has the Daily tracking poll back tied.

Of course the country needs McCain and Obama to debate. It was never a question of not to debate. McCain has requested MORE debates and a long time ago. It was a question of when to debate. It makes no sense to keep campaigning when the U.S. is facing a Financial 9/11. McCain asked to postpone the debate until the Financial Crisis was worked through. All the Debates would still be held.

McCain has demonstrated leadership. Obama has shown that he can walk and chew gum...maybe (that's what his campaign spokesperson said).:rolleyes:

14. Redsquall

Redsquall New Member

I like Senator McCain a lot, but to me, this seemed more like political posturing than anything else. The first one to cry "Henny Penny, the sky is falling, we must go warn the king" gets leadership points, I get it.

But again, as Obama said, presidents need to learn to multi-task. It takes about two hours to fly from Washington to Miss. for this debate, and they can return to Washington afterward. I don't see what the big deal is.

15. B_New End

B_New End New Member

Well, I hope they just keep fighting. It'll do the market good.

Yeah, when I posted, it was announced there was an agrement, but according to CNN, the Republicans balked.

16. sargon20

Gold Member

At this point McCane will say anything. Do anything to be elected. He's all over the map. But no one calls him on being a flip-flooper. Is he a reformer? Is he for more regulations? Or is he a de-regulator as he has been the last 20 years? He's every woman, it's all in him.

Draft saved Draft deleted