Baldness...

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Rugbypup, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Here's one, guys, are you bald or loosing your hair? Do you feel this makes you less of a man in comparison to guys with a full mane? Have you ever tried any of the newfangeled regrowth or surgery options to reclain your hair or would you? Does it matter?

2. D_fitnesswitness

D_fitnesswitness Account Disabled

I dont see how it matters to be honest....I give myself multiple hairstyles...and sometimes I go bald...purposely. I think its comfortable, lol.

Granted, in about 20 years, I'm sure I'll naturally be balding, lol.

3. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Personally, i started loosing mine at about 26/7 and now at 29, im clearly bald on top and hate the 'fuzzy' look i end up with so i take to shaving the whole lot off to bare skin.

Its difficult, but ive accepted it and if anything, (not being much of a looker anyway) i think it kinda suits me, but i do feel a little ping of green eyed envy when i see men my age with a full head of hair.

I just wanted to know what other men think and feel, str8 or gay and ladies, your views are always welcome.

4. D_fitnesswitness

D_fitnesswitness Account Disabled

Ah, dont discount yourself dude....I'd just keep shaving your head...thats not usually a terrible look for most. Then again, I'm not a fashion/style kind of guy....do whatever the hell makes you feel good about yourself with your look.

5. B_josiah852

B_josiah852 New Member

I had a friend that once thought that because he was hairy, he was more of a man than those who wasn't. He also thought that becasuse he was hairy he produced more testosterone. My doctor told me that most men who are going bald and are lacking in as much body hair as others are men who produce too much testosterone. I think attitude makes you a man and how you treat your fellow man is what makes you a man.

6. Playfriend

Playfriend New Member

Albums:
    South Africa: Transkei (the middle of nowhere)
    I too was going bald rapidly about six years ago and then I met my current friend. He told me to
    - quit eating refined sugar, refined salt and other refined foods,
    - start eating a LOT of fresh green salads and
    - drink lots of water daily.

Within six months I had all my hair back!!

A friend who was going bald as fast as I was at the time and loved having the company - it made him feel better to see my hair going as fast as his - was very upset with me when mine grew back but he didnt have the will to change his lifestyle and he is now very bald.

It is amazing how many men assume they are going to go bald and that that is 'normal'. From my own experience I have come to realise its the lifestyle you lead and the food you eat that are the major contributors to this. People say its genetic and resign themselves to it but they forget that the genes only specify how you might go bald given the required circumstances - not that you will go bald...

I expect a clamour of denial from many around this... I get a fair amount whenever I relate this story.

7. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Lots of young guys with a full head of hair shave it, then 20 years later when that's their natural state they'll spend a fortune trying to get more hair.

8. viking1

Gold Member

I'm not going bald, but I don't think it would bother me.

9. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Not that it matters, but for me personally, I don't care what a guys hair is like. If he's got a full head, starting to bald, mostly bald, or if he just shaves it all off... I like it all! One thing I DO hate though... is guys that are bald on top, but they let the rest of it grown down to the middle of their back or something... yuck!

10. D_smack ash

D_smack ash Account Disabled

meg like a skullet the reverse of a mullet

11. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

lol... I've never heard that term before, but I suppose so!

12. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Or the comb over - where the guy grows a long section of hair on the one side and then combs it over across the bald part to the other side of his head. I say: "Have some dignity about being bald". These guys look like clowns to me. Anyone know Jim Cantore from the weather channel? I have hair like his. I think it's cute to have a cue ball head. If the guy is athletic, it looks butch. I either cut it really short with clippers, or shave it with a razor. I don't really care about my hair. If I had it all over my head, I'd still buzz it short. Hair is hot when you exercise; I'd rather not have too much. As a side note, I'm more attracted to guys with buzz cuts than the ones with longer hair.

13. Principessa

Gold Member

I think some bald men are hot! :05:
    I like to rub my erect nipples on their smooth pates.
    :flirt:

14. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Interesting ideas and concepts...

For the life of me, I cannot understand how someone would "think he was less of a man" when balding sets in.

I started noticing my first gray hairs when I was about age 14 or 15. I started noticing the thinning on top when I was about age 26. It turned gray, now it's turning loose.

Yes, I would rather I didn't go bald, but it's nothing to obsess or mourn about. With less hair, the top of my head sunburns more easily, so now I have to wear a hat when I go out.

Dihydrotestosterone, a naturally-occuring male hormone related to testosterone, is responsible for hair loss. Oddly enough, it causes the follicles on the scalp to stop functioning, while causing follicles elsewhere on the body to step up production.

I would never ever consider taking drugs or getting implants due to my thinning hair. And men who do the "comb-over" should have people on the street point at them and laugh.

15. SlimGuySB

SlimGuySB New Member

Albums:
    Yes, in the same way that people who attempt to cover birthmarks with makeup should be publicly ridiculed. How stupid of them to want to hide the fact that they have a naturally occuring phenomenon which is considered unattractive by others in society.

Or, and I know it's a crazy idea, we could turn on the media when they mock people who *are* losing their hair gracefully. Perhaps make these people feel that they aren't 'less of man' (or woman) when nature takes away their folicles, reducing the desire to hide it.

It's just a thought...

16. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Well, have you considered that a comb-over never has, never will, "hide" baldness, but instead calls attention to it?

I do like your suggestion, though, about the birthmarks.:rolleyes:

17. SlimGuySB

SlimGuySB New Member

Albums:
    The efficacy of the comb-over isn't the point. Your call to arms for the mocking of people who are trying to hide something they have no control over and which the media/society derides (on the whole, some people like the smooth head) is the issue.

18. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Wow, you certainly are sensitive to this issue. Do you have a comb-over?

Meanwhile, SpoiledPrincess, may I borrow your satire sledgehammer for a few minutes?

19. dikkiedik

dikkiedik Member

Albums:
    I'm loosing hair very slowly. I don't think I will become bald. Men in my family all have hair at high ages. My forehead gets higher and you can see my skin through my hair. I don't bother. Loosing hair is a male thing.

20. SlimGuySB

SlimGuySB New Member

Albums:
    No, just a dislike of out-ing people and publicly humiliating them.

Draft saved Draft deleted