Baldness...

PaulF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At first I was really upset about losing my hair as when I went out at night to the pub with my friends my hair was part of my outfit, so what i wore I would style my hair to match(sad I know, But I was only young).
But now that I am older I could not give shit,I just shave the lot(well whats left) off. I'm not bothered, its not as if I'm going to be a model or acter or anything like that so who cares! Its whats in your heart that counts and how you treat other people.

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have no problem with my bald head. In fact more people think it is sexy.
( Sexy bald black men ) Do I wish I had hair, well yes, but I know its not coming back. If anything I wish I would go bald on my ass. I went bald on my head adn grew hair in between my cheeks.

Mulebear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a full head of hair and there are no bald men in my family tree. I will probably die with a full head of hair (hopefully a full head of very white/gray hair).

I think bald men are fucking hot. My Significant other is very bald, but his intelligence makes him so hot to me that if he had a full head of hair I'd still want fuck him.

matticus201

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The idea that any physical attribute would make you less of a man is ridiculous, but unfortunately, this is how our society measures manhood. Being a man is about having integrity, and treating other people with dignity and respect. It's about standing up for what you believe in and doing the right thing. It may sound cliche, but there it is, it's the truth. As far as feeling bad about loosing your hair, honey, you need to take that fear out to lunch, because let me tell you, if it's going, there's no getting it back. Sure, you could restore, or take a little pill the rest of your life, but why would you want to do that? Our flaws are what make us interesting and lovable. I'm 27 and I probably have 60% of my hair on top, so I just buzz it really really short. It's part of who I am. Attractiveness is not all about looks, it's about confidence. Once you own yourself and you know who you are, you'll exude that confidence and people are going to find you sexy, bald or not. Don't worry about it dude. Own it and move on to something you can actually effect change for.

And, for what it's worth, I think bald men are hot. I also have a special place in my heart for salt and pepper. =)

Playfriend

Sexy Member
Media
South Africa: Transkei (the middle of nowhere)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just as I expected there are some who cant resist a violent outburst in response to my story. LOL

Rich-9.8 your answer to this one pretty much sums up what a lot of people have learned to be the truth about genes and how they work. My own experience shows that this cannot be the whole story. I recently finished reading a book by Bruce H. Lipton, Ph. D. called "The Biology of Belief" that I highly recommend - a fantastically entertaining read that represents some of the most up-to-date understandings on these subjects in easily accesible language. Here are a couple of relevant paragraphs from it:

Even Charles Darwin conceded, near the end of his life, that his evolutionary theory had shortchanged the role of the environment. In an 1867 letter to Moritz Wagnerhe wrote [Darwin, F 1888] "In my opinion, the greatest error that I have committed has been not allowing sufficient weight to the direct action of the environments, i.e. food, climate, etc., independantly of natural selection... When I wrote the "Origin", and for some years afterwards I could find little good evidence fo the direct action of the environment; now there is a large body of evidence."
Scientist who follow Darwin continue to make the same error. The problem with this underemphasis on the environment is that it led to an overemphasis on "nature" in the form of genetic determinism - the belief that genes "control" biology.

What activates genes?The answer was elegantly spelled out in 1990 in a paper entitled 'Metaphors and the Role of Genes and Development' by H. F. Nijhout. [Nijhout 1990] Nijhout presents evidence that the notion that genes control biology has been so fequently repeated for such a long period of time that scientists have forgotten that it is a hypotheses, not a truth. In reality, the idea that genes control biology is a supposition, which has never been proven and in fact has been undermined by the latest scientific research. Genetic control, argues Nijhout, has become a metaphor in our society. We want to believe that genetic engineers are the new medical magicians who can cure diseases and while they're at it create more Einsteins and Mozarts as well. But metaphor does not equate with scientific truth. Nijhout summarizes the truth: "When a gene product is needed, a signal from its environment, not an emergent property of the gene itself, activates expression of that gene."

Bruce H. Lipton, Ph.d. "The Biology of Belief" 2005 pp. 50; 51

Rich-9.8, thanks for providing the incentive to dig around and find out how true the belief is that it's 'tough titties'. Seems it aint after all! According to the latest evidence If you abuse your body with a 'crap' diet (as Mr db so proudly proclaims he does) you can no longer shirk the responsibility for the consequences by blaming your genes!

Mr Db, no doubt your body expresses your 'crap' diet in some other way than by balding...

Trigon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're balding a little.

- Start getting more sleep
- Drink lots of water
- Switch up your refined sugar for honey
- Eat lots of salad
- Clean out your bowels with a laxative AND a couple enemas
- Walk outdoors for good blood circulation and fresh air

The Caesar salad is going to become your BEST friend! Raw spinach, Kraft Parmesan Vinagrette dressing and 1 or 2 croutons make a salad out of this world that you'll never get bored eating. Drop half a chicken breast into it twice a week, but, none of that rubbery processed chicken. If you must, get a couple of fried chicken breasts from KFC, skin them and soak them in hot water, until the grease floats off. Then, hack it up and drop it into your salad. [Quick way: microwave the skinned breasts in a bowl of hot water for 2 minutes. Chop up and serve.]

I would also suggest you trade up your submarine sanwiches and burgers and for a good Caesar wrap from a modestly priced deli, even from Safeway or some other supermarket chain. No fatty garlic spread here! Get the sandwich guy to smear a little dijon mustard inside your wrap--just enough to hold the lettuce in place. Romaine lettuce, grated cheese, a smidgen of dijon mustard and Caesar vinagrette dressing will make you forget all about burgers or submarine sandwiches. Have chicken added, if you must.

The idea here is to get as much GREEN into your system as possible, and in every crazy way you can think of. Wash it down with a bucket of water.

You'll probably see that hair coming back inside of 6 mos.

averagepeck

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My hairline recedes,nothing I can do about it.I got male baldness on both sides,so I'm screwed either way.It doesn't bother me anymore,I shave completely bald.The bald look is in now,I see guys with full heads shaving and there are a large population of females who like it.My fiance has come to PREFER that look actually...

rfc7_rfc7

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Rugbypup & other bald & balding men, I started to go bald when I was 17. It destroyed my self confidence at at time when self-confidence was very important. I was angry with my Dad, he was bald. I was jealous of all the guys who had full heads of hair. I tried creams etc, but they are a waste of money. I shaved my head off and it feels great, looks great too. Even if tommorrow they invented a cure I would not want my hair back. I look at the football players here in Australia, and the rugby boys and the ones with shaved heads, or bald & think they look hot, masculine, much more than the guys with hair. Head-shaving [& cock & ball] shaving make you appreciate being a man. Just take a look around you, be proud of yourself.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rugbypup & other bald & balding men, I started to go bald when I was 17. It destroyed my self confidence at at time when self-confidence was very important. I was angry with my Dad, he was bald. I was jealous of all the guys who had full heads of hair. I tried creams etc, but they are a waste of money. I shaved my head off and it feels great, looks great too. Even if tommorrow they invented a cure I would not want my hair back. I look at the football players here in Australia, and the rugby boys and the ones with shaved heads, or bald & think they look hot, masculine, much more than the guys with hair. Head-shaving [& cock & ball] shaving make you appreciate being a man. Just take a look around you, be proud of yourself.
You shaved your head off! :eek: That's a little extreme, don't you think?

If you are young and going bald I could see how it would hurt your confidence. If you are in your 30's then it's not so bad. I'd rather lose my hair and be thin than have a full head of hair and get fat.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Here's one, guys, are you bald or loosing your hair? Do you feel this makes you less of a man in comparison to guys with a full mane? Have you ever tried any of the newfangeled regrowth or surgery options to reclain your hair or would you? Does it matter?

Given that I inherited my dad's hairline, I knew I would be going bald early. Sure enough, around age 30, I started going bald (thinning in spots, losing my wavy hair pattern, receding hairline).

So, at my barber's urging, I started wearing it bald. At first, it felt weird, but after a few weeks, I really grew to like my (then) new look. And I have gotten nothing but compliments on it since.

I think gray hair is sexy on a man (and a woman) and I think that a balding guy with either a short-cropped cut or shaved can be sexy as well. The key--with shaving your head, is to have some kind of facial hair in order to balance your face.

The overall message with anything you do regarding your outward appearance is this: If you are comfortable and confident in your look, others will feed off of that energy.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry Trigon, but I call BULLSHIT!! If eating Caesar salads, and an abundance of green leafy vegetables washed down with water were a legitimate cure for baldness; there would be NO bald men anywhere. :rolleyes: It's definetely healthy to increase your intake of green leafy vegetables and protein but it does not stimulate hair growth. :cool:

You're balding a little.

- Start getting more sleep
- Drink lots of water
- Switch up your refined sugar for honey
- Eat lots of salad
- Clean out your bowels with a laxative AND a couple enemas
- Walk outdoors for good blood circulation and fresh air

The Caesar salad is going to become your BEST friend! Raw spinach, Kraft Parmesan Vinagrette dressing and 1 or 2 croutons make a salad out of this world that you'll never get bored eating. Drop half a chicken breast into it twice a week, but, none of that rubbery processed chicken. If you must, get a couple of fried chicken breasts from KFC, skin them and soak them in hot water, until the grease floats off. Then, hack it up and drop it into your salad. [Quick way: microwave the skinned breasts in a bowl of hot water for 2 minutes. Chop up and serve.]

I would also suggest you trade up your submarine sanwiches and burgers and for a good Caesar wrap from a modestly priced deli, even from Safeway or some other supermarket chain. No fatty garlic spread here! Get the sandwich guy to smear a little dijon mustard inside your wrap--just enough to hold the lettuce in place. Romaine lettuce, grated cheese, a smidgen of dijon mustard and Caesar vinagrette dressing will make you forget all about burgers or submarine sandwiches. Have chicken added, if you must.

The idea here is to get as much GREEN into your system as possible, and in every crazy way you can think of. Wash it down with a bucket of water.

You'll probably see that hair coming back inside of 6 mos.

ntstatic

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Male Pattern Balding is hereditary. my father is bald, my grandfather was bald. i knew id go bald sooner or later. its started since last year my hairline is reeceding and what i have is thinning.

Id prefer a full head of hair but i dont loose any sleep or hair over something that cant be prevented.

what i think is if there was a foolproof remedy to hair loss. the person selling would be a billionaire. and that says a lot about how much people who are bald and say how much the love being bald would spend to get their hair back.

nolbaby

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
i started losing mine at 22/23. 29 now and have been razor shaving every day for 5 years. ive found that baldness will effect your chances with SOME women. from my experience.... eh, maybe about 1/4-1/3 of women will not view you as being as physically attractive as they would if you had hair. and of those 1/4-1/3, only a very small percentage will give you no chance at all because of it. I'd say baldness makes you lose your sex appeal to the point where you probably don't have a chance with about 5% of women. this is just a ball park figure based on my experience. if you're like me, 5% is WAAAYYY lower of a number than you have been expecting, so its not so bad. and of course each person is different it depends on how you look bald it depends on the women yadda yadda yadda.

nolbaby

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
oh and as far as a cure or relativity to testosterone - the head medicines seem to work for some and not for others. they are extremely expensive and they are necessary for the remainder of life (but that's no different than needing medication for a bodily disease for life). there is absolutely no relationship between testosterone and baldness.

all i know for sure is that going bald was A LOT worse 15 years ago before it got cool. Stone Cold Steve Austin, Chris Daughtry, Michael Jordan, Tyrese, Charles Barkley and Vin Diesel will never know how much depression they have saved countless men from by making shaved heads somewhat stylish

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i started losing mine at 22/23. 29 now and have been razor shaving every day for 5 years. ive found that baldness will effect your chances with SOME women. from my experience.... eh, maybe about 1/4-1/3 of women will not view you as being as physically attractive as they would if you had hair. and of those 1/4-1/3, only a very small percentage will give you no chance at all because of it. I'd say baldness makes you lose your sex appeal to the point where you probably don't have a chance with about 5% of women. this is just a ball park figure based on my experience. if you're like me, 5% is WAAAYYY lower of a number than you have been expecting, so its not so bad. and of course each person is different it depends on how you look bald it depends on the women yadda yadda yadda.
Fairly lucky here as I did not get the "baldness gene".
My brother started losing his hair when he was 18 or so..26 now he is thinning slowly

oldredneck1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Although I have a full head of hair, I prefer to keep my head shaved. Money is saved on haircuts, shampoo and conditioner. No problems with hat head, danfruff or bad hair days.