Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
so i recently joined my local bally total fitness and im surprised and pretty grossed out at the locker room. i didnt know that so many old, overweight men go there! well, young outnumber the old at the gym, but the older, more fat men love to be nude in the locker room...i will probably find the time that the least of them are there and start going. anyone else find this happening at their gym? oh, and they smell too!

I dont want to be the only young cut guy in the locker room! haha

Reactions: NateicusPumper

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmm, this sounds like another thread.

Annoying Gym People..The Series..#2.."The Fat Ass Weight Lifter"

I have a Bally membership that I can use at any club. I have found that in the clubs outside of cities the clientele tends to be older, and when it is older, it will include a lot of guys who are pretty horrible to see naked. I would not expect them to smell any worse than younger guys, unless there are more smokers among them. Some smokers have absorbed so much tobacco stink into their skin that they emit foul odors even after they have showered.

The old fat guys don't mind being nude because they're confident enough in their bodies, and secure enough in their self-esteem to be nude. They don't equate nudity with sex, and aren't posing to please other men. They're just guys changing, getting clean, enjoying the facilities and time with each other. They don't particularly give a damn if their bodies don't appear as media advertisers say they should, and they don't care if you do either.

Guys smell after they work out. If you don't think you do.... I've got some unwelcome news for you.

Reactions: montagabends

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It also depends on what time you go. Closer to closing (around 6-8p) there are more people who are below the retirement age working out.

Another factor to think about is what does your city look like most of the time. Do you live near a retirement community? Is there mostly fat people in your area? If so, then there's a pretty good chance that the only people you see in the gym will be old, fat or old and fat.

pablovian

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The old fat guys don't mind being nude because they're confident enough in their bodies, and secure enough in their self-esteem to be nude. They don't equate nudity with sex, and aren't posing to please other men. They're just guys changing, getting clean, enjoying the facilities and time with each other. They don't particularly give a damn if their bodies don't appear as media advertisers say they should, and they don't care if you do either.

Guys smell after they work out. If you don't think you do.... I've got some unwelcome news for you.

That's about the best statement I've seen on this site? Ohhhh - somebody's naked who isn't attractive - call the media police wwwhhhaaaaaa

Last edited:

chefman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Bravo!

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is the main reason I don't go to public gyms. I'm old and fat and don't need some twink who thinks his caw caw comes in 39 flavours looking down his nose at me. I'm not there to impress anyone. And I'm sure not there to try to pick up anyone

jcjb2002

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Man if I could give you a standing ovation I would!

Sounds like the originator of this thread should check out eh Club Baths or MidTowne Spas... since he is obviously looking for sex after working out. Bally was set up for people to get healthy or stay healthy.. the Bath for guys who like to work out, be watched while working out and/or in the showers...

D

deleted213967

:dunno:eek:k, in old, i mean the men that are 60 or over...and lol, offending people is so controversial. i would delete it if i knew how...

The PC Police is out to get you.

Do you know what happens to kidz like you in PC jail?

hairyjockwla

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I work out at the Ballys in West Los Angeles and it's the same scene in my locker room. It's just Ballys, it's kind of a ghetto gym.

Let me make one thing clear, I have no problem with anyone of any shape/size/age, changing and showering in the locker room, that's what it's there for. What is kind of a head scratcher for me, are the guys who just want to hang out naked for extended periods of time in the locker room. And this isn't one of those nice locker rooms with sofas and TVs, etc. It's always the old/fat/dirty looking guys who do this. And just to make this a TMI moment, I've seen these guys leave behind "skid marks" on the benches. It's just a gross scene all around.

I just want to add, that I've seen plenty of 50+ guys at my gym who have great bodies, so this isn't an "ageism" thing for me at all. I totally understand where the OP was coming from on this, it's just sort of a strange phenomenon.

salter

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
:dunno:eek:k, in old, i mean the men that are 60 or over...and lol, offending people is so controversial. i would delete it if i knew how...

No need to delete. I'm 62 and I agree with you completely. I'm in great shape for my age but that means I'm in great shape for over sixty. I'm not showing it off to anybody.

Young is nicer that old, no getting around it. True one day you won't be young anymore but go the route of remembering how you felt when you were 26 like I do and show some discretion.

Hope you find a locker room that's more aesthetic.

John

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Gym's have reputations. Some are known for serious weight lifting or power lifting, some are middle of the road and then others are just hangouts for wanna-be's. Many gyms where the management realizes that they are not the latest and greatest reach out to the seniors. Their monthly dues are reliable thanks to stay healthy insurance plans and more disposable income.

Older gyms with poor ventilation systems often have that dirty sock and ass smell. I used to go to a gym where the locker room constantly smelled. Everytime somebody took a dump, the smell would just hang and spread throughout the locker room.

You may want to find a gym where the people are more serious about weight lifting. Inspiration is a great motivator. Hanging around a bunch of saggy, plump sloths can be depressing.

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Well said. Thank you.

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I'm 47 and my husband is 65, and he looks better than most men 30 years younger than he is.

Sounds like you need to grow up, leonceswim.

vietballa

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well no one is forcing you to shower or even go to that gym.

I don't care to look at unhealthy, old men either...but they're not going to leave simply to please your eyes.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

Very nice, Jason.
But I also think that time was, it was masculine to be open with your body, no matter how 'good' a bod it might or might not have been.
The older men's values were shaped when only sissies felt they had to hide.
Nowadays, young guys seem to think it's sexually suspect in some way to be happily nude in front of other males.
It's not just a matter of confidence, though I think younger guys have far more unrealistic models of acceptable male appearance in their heads than their elders ever did.
Everything has been turned on its head.
To young men's misfortune, in my opinion.