Baltimore HS Teacher Beaten Down in Her Own Class

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Apparently telling high school students to take their seat and behave is sufficient provocation for them to physically assault their teacher in the classroom.

The picture painted by this incident is very Lord of the Flies in my mind...with the technological update that Roger now has his cell phone camera to capture the event and post it on MySpace.

But the little snowflakes aren't to blame for their actions...according to the teacher who was attacked, the school's principal seemed to think it was her own fault:

On one hand, [the principal] told me that she is sorry that this happened to me. But then she turned right around and told me that telling a student that I was going to defend myself was a trigger word. I triggered them.

Unbelievable.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you, for reminding me why I have never officially used my elementary education teaching certificate. :cool:

IMHO, The student who attacked the teacher should be expelled. The principal deserves some sort of disciplinary action and a sensitivity training class. Better yet make the principal teach in her school for one month at a teachers salary. :biggrin1:

Sinnerly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh man... This kind of behaviour from children makes me want to torture them. Who hits another person anyway? Those kids should have their hans cut off. Fucking wastes of flesh and brains.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fucking ridiculous. This happens at high schools in Pontiac, Michigan more frequently than it should (read: NEVER) and gets swept under the rug. The schools have gang presences within the buildings, and the superintendents have done little to stem any of it.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Apparently telling high school students to take their seat and behave is sufficient provocation for them to physically assault their teacher in the classroom.

The picture painted by this incident is very Lord of the Flies in my mind...with the technological update that Roger now has his cell phone camera to capture the event and post it on MySpace.

But the little snowflakes aren't to blame for their actions...according to the teacher who was attacked, the school's principal seemed to think it was her own fault:

Unbelievable.
Jeez. that's one of the reasons I never followed up getting my master's in english so I'd never have to sub for li'l terrorist wannabe's like them. And the rationale for keeping the little bastard from getting expelled was what again?:confused:

Thank you, for reminding me why I have never officially used my elementary education teaching certificate. :cool:

IMHO, The student who attacked the teacher should be expelled. The principal deserves some sort of disciplinary action and a sensitivity training class. Better yet make the principal teach in her school for one month at a teachers salary. :biggrin1:
Dig it. But my choice'd be to remove the principal all together as well.
The sumbitch sounds no better than the NYC principal who didn't call for an ambulance after a female student was stroking out.:mad:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Perhaps in the light of recent school massacres, and as some here have suggested, teachers should be allowed, even encouraged to carry a concealed firearm. That way she could have shot the pupils who attacked her. Purely in self defence of course.

I wonder how the blame game would have played out then ...?

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Only in Charm City. Well, not only, but I'm not surprised it happened there. Baltimore is a dump.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Perhaps in the light of recent school massacres, and as some here have suggested, teachers should be allowed, even encouraged to carry a concealed firearm. That way she could have shot the pupils who attacked her. Purely in self defence of course.

I wonder how the blame game would have played out then ...?

Oh, come on, donger...that's just unnecessary. :rolleyes:

With regard to the school administrators, I think is absolutely criminal that they didn't investigate this incident until after it made its way onto the evening news. "Now that it's been brought to our attention, we'll begin an investigation immediately..."

WTF? I don't expect anyone to believe such a load of bollocks, but that statement is very telling...it demonstrates the contempt they hold for the intelligence of their audience, and it gives rise to wonder just how often similar incidents have occurred without ever being "brought to their attention?"

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh, come on, donger...that's just unnecessary. :rolleyes:

Of course, I was tempted and I decided not to resist.:rolleyes:

With regard to the school administrators, I think is absolutely criminal that they didn't investigate this incident until after it made its way onto the evening news. "Now that it's been brought to our attention, we'll begin an investigation immediately..."

WTF? I don't expect anyone to believe such a load of bollocks, but that statement is very telling...it demonstrates the contempt they hold for the intelligence of their audience, and it gives rise to wonder just how often similar incidents have occurred without ever being "brought to their attention?"

I agree, though it's hard to see how much more 'investigation' is necessary, before expelling the attacker and suspending those who just looked on, even encouraged the attack. I doubt it will be quite that straightforward.

Like you and reading 'between the lines' of her statement, one can't help but suspect this isn't an isolated event at this school. The blame reassignment is astonishing, 'trigger' word my ass. If you attack me, I will defend my self means 'go ahead attack me' - is that the Pavlovian theory of student behaviour?

I didn't realise until I listened to the video that the attacker was a young girl, little more than half her size!

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
a few incidents like this happened in my schools when i was growing up. the students who assaulted teachers were pretty much always expelled because the school had a zero tolerance policy.

however, in this case, the principal should choke on a big fat cock for blaming the teacher that it was her own fault for provoking the student. it's absolutely ridiculous the lengths kids will go to to physically hurt their teachers. but what's more ridiculous is the things that administration will do to avoid bad media and a bad reputation. it sickens me.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Only in Charm City. Well, not only, but I'm not surprised it happened there. Baltimore is a dump.

Ahem... parts of Baltimore are unsavory, but I still love B'more. Yes, those kids and the principal need a beatdown. I have a friend that this happened to , yes in Baltimore. He was teaching the class and a young man took it upon himself to jump on his back. He in turn threw him off and subsequently hurt him The kid's mother sued him and the school. The mother and the son should be stripped naked and beaten out of town.... I by the way though having gone through a masters of teaching program do not regret for one moment not ever having set foot in a classroom. Someone might have gotten hurt or be dead by now. I couldnt abide out of control children when I was a child and i am definitely not in the mood for it now.

blkmwbp

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
this is bullshit they need to allow teachers to carry weapons to teach them lil fuckers a lesson or put prayer back in schools its a shame teachers are scared to teach and discipline students

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
this is bullshit they need to allow teachers to carry weapons to teach them lil fuckers a lesson or put prayer back in schools its a shame teachers are scared to teach and discipline students

One of the problems is that the parents are just as rough as their children and without even listening often take the part of their feral children.

blkmwbp

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
that is very true but still they should make the parents attend classes with those students who are troubled or something or be expelled from cause you cant force a bonehead to learn

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ahem... parts of Baltimore are unsavory, but I still love B'more.

I've worked in Baltimore and the surrounding area now for 4 years and have yet to see the charm of it at all, and I've worked all over and around the city. Then again, I love Philly, and there's something hugely aberrant about that.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've worked in Baltimore and the surrounding area now for 4 years and have yet to see the charm of it at all, and I've worked all over and around the city.

Hey, I was there recently. In the flesh. You can probably still see the warm glow of charm all around the BWI area.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been watching the local updates on this story all evening and that poor woman went through something.
That teenaged demon needs to be put under the jail. There is NO EXCUSE.
I love that saying, "Put under the jail." :smile: You are correct there is no excuse for such behavior.
One of the problems is that the parents are just as rough as their children and without even listening often take the part of their feral children.
You are so correct, these feral children (love that term) are multiplying! I have news for America they aren't all inner city youth. There are a great many feral children in the suburbs as well. These children are sometimes worse to deal with because their parents have just enough money and education to make an administrator forget his/her good sense; and not back the teacher.

that is very true but still they should make the parents attend classes with those students who are troubled or something or be expelled from cause you cant force a bonehead to learn
This is so true and this is one reason I have never been in favor of merit pay for teachers. You can be teacher of the year, but if one student decides they hate you, you are screwed. This is more apt to happen at the middle and high school levels than lower grades but I wouldn't rule it out completely. Also have you forgotten mainstreaming? There are developmentally and learning disabled children in "normal" classes who have no business being there other than to soothe their parents ego. The only time mainstreaming works is if the child has only a physical handicap.

About a week or so ago, there was a bunch of 3rd graders plotting to at least attack their teacher.
Yup, this was big news down here last week. The ring leader wa a 9 year old! Eight students were involved and it was a well detailed and thought out attack. Each student had a role. Someone was supposed to knock her out with a large paperweight to the head. Someone else was to hand cuff her, while yet another person was to stab her. They even included clean up of blood in their plan. Talk about "feral children of the corn!"

ROTFLMAO I'm a Christian but I don't believe putting prayer back in the schools will help these things to not happen.

You moron! :angryfire2: If the students know the teacher has a gun they will steal it and use it on the teacher and other students. :rolleyes: :duh: