Baltimore.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Baltimore is nicknamed Charm City because it is and always has been pretty down to earth. Though there is a crime problem in certain areas it also has many good points as well. What exactly do you enjoy doing? There are a number of museums and it is a hop skip and jump from DC as well.

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
I might move there. Pros? Cons?

Spent some time there with some friends who live there (Bolton Hill area for those who know the town). It's a quaint city in its own way. Of course it has a rep for crime but then again that is pretty much the case in any old industrial city. If you want to see what the gritty side of B-More is like just rent The Wire on DVD and watch it through :biggrin1:.

I dunno. I liked that it was comparatively mild in February down there when compared to Chicago at the same time. The harbor area is nice, touristy but nice. Other than that I have nothing else to add.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fairly low housing cost for major east coast city.
Good Museums, Symphony
Fairly active nightlife especially around inner harbor and Fell's Point
Baseball & Football Stadiums centrally located.
Best Hospital in the country (Johns Hopkins)

Reminds me of Boston without the better than other places attitude.
More working class
Less students
Fair number or poor people.
Average amount of crime for large city
Horrible public school system
If its your thing or your need - suburbs have a lot of the things the city lacks
(Safety & Good schools)
Commute into town isn't as bad as some large cities
Pretty good public transport
Commuter Rail
1 hour to DC

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

You might ask Lex who lives in the Baltimore area. I think he may be able to give you a better assessment of Baltimore than those who dont live there. I live about 11 miles from it. I believe Rommette lives there as well.

Last edited:

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Baltimore is very rich architecturally, having more 18 th and 19th century structures than and other US city..and that includes Philadelphia. Baltimore also is rich culturally, having the world reknown Johns Hopkins University and the fabulous Walters Museum. For sheer fun, its many open air markets are a unique joy and its restaurants are remarkably varied!

The charm of Baltimore is its Southern manners and friendliness, which have characterized the City for several hundred years. It is situated beautifully like Boston and San Francisco on open water with gorgeous views. Take a trip up Federal Hill to see a magnificent panorama or climb the Washington Monument for another thrilling bird's eye view. Baltimore has the highest average elevation of all of the Eastern port cities ( 135 feet ) ...which brings sea breezes and ships from everywhere often pull deep into the downtown Harbor of the City! Water is everwhere!

Baltimoreans are geared very much to the Bay and to seafood. Crabs and oysters reign supreme, while goin down the ocean is an everyday occurrence and boating and fishing on the Bay are thrilling recreation.

Charles Street is one of the most European Streets in the US and Bolton Hill is a gorgeous enclave of thousands of large restored elegant 19th century town houses
with white marble stoops wrought iron grillwork and tall shuttered windows.

Baltimore as has already been stated is a stately city, but it has no use for snobbery
and all sorts of people mix together at sporting events, horse races, at the museums and at the Inner Harbor. Baltimore is remarkable in that so few people from other great cities seem to know about its great charm and appeal. This gives it a down home inbred quality which makes it unique. It is as comfortable as an old shoe, pretty as a picture and brings to its citizens an abundance of outdoor recreation with the scent of saltwater in the air!

It is possible to enjoy an incredibly rich and fulfilling life in Baltimore; jobs are abundant and the cost of living is affordable for a city of its size. Crime is evident, but statistics show it is waning. Baltimore has a new goldcoast hugging the rim of the water and it affords a gilded life of wealth , luxury and extravagance , for those who seek that!

Last edited:

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
Fairly low housing cost for major east coast city.
Good Museums, Symphony
Fairly active nightlife especially around inner harbor and Fell's Point
Baseball & Football Stadiums centrally located.
Best Hospital in the country (Johns Hopkins)

Reminds me of Boston without the better than other places attitude.
More working class
Less students
Fair number or poor people.
Average amount of crime for large city
Horrible public school system
If its your thing or your need - suburbs have a lot of the things the city lacks
(Safety & Good schools)
Commute into town isn't as bad as some large cities
Pretty good public transport
Commuter Rail
1 hour to DC

What he said.

And I almost forgot: great food, particularly sea food. Yah crab cakes!

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Was that John Waters house?

Funny u mention him coz thats where my only views of Baltimore come from! He doesnt make it sound great, frankly! Poor, trashy, lifeless & crime-ridden are the things I picked up on...

But he does have a taste for those things so maybe he's biased. :wink:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am now hurtled back in time to an album by Randy Newman (yes, the same one who brought us Short People) called Little Criminals from around the time you were born (your age being listed as 32-the ablbum was released in late 1977) he released a tune on that album called Baltimore.

Here Randy Newman explains it for us: YouTube - Baltimore, Randy Newman

Beat-up little seagull
On a marble stair
Tryin’ to find the ocean
Lookin’ everywhere

Hard times in the city
In a hard town by the sea
Ain’t nowhere to run to
There ain’t nothin’ here for free

Hooker on the corner
Waitin’ for a train
Drunk lyin’ on the sidewalk