Bandleader Artie Shaw

Midark1

1st Like
Media
I was watching "Biography" yesterday on Ava Gardner. She was married to bandlleader Artie Shaw, as was Lana Turner (one of the great size queens of Hollywood). He bedded most of the beauties of the 30s and 40s and 50s. While not particularly goodlooking (I think he's hot), I figured he must have been really hung because the women had a hard time getting over him when the relationships were over. Does anybody have any info on him? .

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I was watching "Biography" yesterday on Ava Gardner. She was married to bandlleader Artie Shaw, as was Lana Turner (one of the great size queens of Hollywood). He bedded most of the beauties of the 30s and 40s and 50s. While not particularly goodlooking (I think he's hot), I figured he must have been really hung because the women had a hard time getting over him when the relationships were over. Does anybody have any info on him? .

It was the size of a saxophone ... a tenor saxophone, natch.

Strathos

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He also had an affair with Judy Garland.

She was a sex fiend. Read the book GET HAPPY:THE LIFE IF JUDY GARLAND

It's got all kinds of sexy stories.

I can't remember if anything was said about his cock, but I think there was a mention of it.

goldeneye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Artie Shaw was a fascinating man. When his band finally packed it in sometime in the '50s or '60s he put down his clarinet and said he'd had a good run and was done with it. Nobody believed him, but he used the thing as a planter and never played another note in his life. For my money, the only guy out there who was better than Benny Goodman...I think Shaw was the finest clarinetist jazz ever had. His "Summertime" is priceless.

jaime2

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
His most famous recording was "Begin the Beguine," one I never tire of hearing. I consider him one of the greats of that era!

Midark1

1st Like
Media
In 1981, he organized a new Artie Shaw Band with clarinetist Dick Johnson as bandleader and soloist. Shaw himself would guest conduct from time to time, ending his self-imposed retirement.
After Canadian filmmaker Brigitte Berman interviewed Shaw, Hoagy Carmichael, Doc Cheatham and others for her documentary film Bix: Ain't None of Them Play LIke Him Yet (1981) about Bix Beiderbecke, she went on to create an Academy Award-winning documentary, Artie Shaw: Time Is All You've Got (1985), featuring her interviews with Shaw, Buddy Rich, Mel Tormé, Helen Forrest and others. Later in 2003, along with members of his original bands and other music professionals, Shaw was extensively interviewed by Russell Davies for the BBC Television documentary, Artie Shaw — Quest for Perfection, which became his last major interview.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
all of this remembering Artie Shaw makes me wonder about Gene Krupa and if the rumor that Shaw and Krupa were once lovers is at all true.