Banned question

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BD, I can see where you're coming from in a sense. While you aren't exactly a greybeard yourself- in fact you only joined a few months prior to the DMW episode- you've had time to see things develop. I only more recently noticed your join date, for some reason I'd thought you'd been around longer.

I'm kind of stuck in the middle. When you first started bitching about the mods, we were new and didn't even have a tos yet, or any direction at all as to what we were supposed to do. The emotional state of the board after Danny did his thing and Channel 4 did theirs left us with too much trauma and too many mods to make fast decisions. We ain't there anymore, and it had always been my hope that the position of mods would be eliminated after the waters had calmed.

Apparently, that's not Rob_E's intention, so we still have mods, and a whole lot of them. A lot of us older members here enjoyed the board for quite some time unmoderated, and while the changing laws have necessitated some oversight to keep our site open, it can sometimes feel like overkill. Try as we might, there was no way to make a tos that just told people to act like adults, don't threaten each other, and don't say things that can get our site shut down. Trying to outline what we wanted to preserve about the site turned out to be more laborious than any of us wanted.

You have no idea how much bullshit gets sent to the mods by weak assholes who think it's the mod's job to intervene in their personal bickering- it's really unbelievable. To be sure, it's most often the person who started an argument who will go running to the mods when the conversation doesn't go their way. It made me hate almost everyone, which is why I stepped down. Too many mods, no one could agree on anything, and I didn't feel like being a hall monitor for adults who refused to act like adults.

A proposal- perhaps there could be a general list of reasons why someone is banned, like the following:

1) Underage
2) Harassment and threatening
3) Multiple accounts
4) Spamming/advertising

Then a simple number for the reason for the ban could follow on the "I was banned" banner. That way, people would know what the reason was, the mods wouldn't have to do any extra work, and no personal info would have to be given. I think that might make everyone happier.

ps. Those are the ONLY reasons I can think of for a ban. If it's not spamming, and not threatening the board being shut down (like pedophiles cruising for young cock), then I see no reason for banning. The members here are big enough to shout down idiots on our own without Big Brother needing to step in.

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know who's first on my list. Do you ever have anything to post that is not dripping with rancid derogatory venom?

Deep, some things are impossible and some people unredeemable. Trust me on this one, sometimes it's better to just torpedo ahead.

jfrsndvs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I have read some interesting posts in this thread, I have to say, I am surprised that after things were explained, that some people were still having trouble understand why one could be banned.

I have never really worried or put any thought into why somebody was banned, I figured that the moderators had one hell of a good reason for banning that individual, as long as it doesn't involve me personally, I don't care why any particular member would be banned.

I just have to trust the moderators, as far as I am concerned, they all seem to use good judgement, and I do have respect for them, not to mention Rob and Pecker.

Magic 8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One of my parents neighbors was banned from here without warning and given no explaination as to why he was banned. He's the one that pointed me to this site and I am extremely grateful that he did. He had been a member here for a very long time and was discarded like yesterdays news, but yet to hear the Mods and our Co-administrators speak, everyone that is banned is given a warning first except underagers. I have gone back and read the majority of his posts and found the his posts were no more offensive the the others involved in the dispute but he was permanently banned without warning and without any reason. If one of the Mods would like to discuss this further, I'd be happy to do so via PM.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
This is like the government. It's not a democracy for the members. We have to move to do the best for the board. There are many, many reasons for which someone could be banned. Some are very obvious, some are not.
When a person joins here, they agree to follow the Terms of Service. If they don't, there are penalties--ranging from a warning, to a temporary ban, and even finally a permanent ban. If a person has multiple accounts, repeatedly posts non-allowed things after being warned, is underage, and on and on, they will get banned. It's in the ToS for all members to read.
We don't like to do it, but we have to sometimes.

bigeight_98

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Actually I've been wondering that too, and I'm a moderator on another unrelated board, and post on quite a few others. The way it's worded, the first time I saw it I thought the person was bragging about having been banned. I've never seen banning handled that way, probably because most mods don't feel the need to humiliate people that much. Usually the notation changes from "member" to "guest," and you never see new posts from that person any more.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is like the government. It's not a democracy for the members.

Government isn't a democracy for the members? Where the hell do you live, anyway? [Yes, I'm well aware of the obfuscation between the concepts of a democracy and a republic which has crept into American civics textbooks since the FDR administration. Hardly relevant here.]

There is no sense in which you are a government. The mere analogy is symptomatic of delusions of grandeur. Get a grip on yourself (no, no need to post photos, even though the Gallery seems tailor-made for such things). And the comparison is ridiculous. The government at least I can vote for, and can invoke the Freedom of Information Act against. There's no Freedom of Information Act at LPSG. And so the same objections keep coming up, and the same airy dismissals are made, along with an unrealistic "trust us".

When a person joins here, they agree to follow the Terms of Service. If they don't, there are penalties--ranging from a warning, to a temporary ban, and even finally a permanent ban. If a person has multiple accounts, repeatedly posts non-allowed things after being warned, is underage, and on and on, they will get banned. It's in the ToS for all members to read.

Just where is this ToS which is cited so often? It's not in the FAQ. It doesn't show up on the Site Map. It doesn't appear on signup, unless the ToS is actually this feeble thing -

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of LPSG.ORG will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of LPSG.ORG, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of LPSG.ORG reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

This doesn't say any of the things which are claimed for the mighty ToS. And it's not reviewable by the members. The only way to see it is to sign out and pretend to be a new member just signing up.

It's a typo. What it actually means is that the poster was BAND, i.e. their penis was stretchy like rubber and it made all the other ppl jealous so they were asked to leave.

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
He only has 31 posts, so he isn't here a lot.

Also, once someone is banned, the "I was banned" flag will appear on all their posts, so you'll see them especially on older threads.

not true--i was banned and no such banner/flag apperas on my posts