Banned?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
So, here I sit, in a room full of boxes.. some empty.. some full..
so tired.. eyes, burning, new tattoo.. hurting...
dirty.. filthy.. smelly...

and I thought I would go through LPSG to see how some of my buddies are doing...

and I had a thought, I saw people in another post talking about someone that was just banned.
It got the old wheels in my head turning, and I thought to myself... what exactly do you have to do to get banned..
now we have all read the TOS here.. *or at least I have.
But can you be banned for pissing off one of the LPSG elite?

or calling some one an "asshole"?

Now, I typically never go to name calling, in my book, if I call a name when I am debating somone, its means I have lost the argument...

but in the last few weeks, a couple of my threads have caused some people to become very... "passionate" about thier feelings.

I have been called many names in some of my posts, but never took it to heart...
but what if one day I call someone a "prick"
will the beloved DJG get banned?

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But can you be banned for pissing off one of the LPSG elite?
This is the third current thread on this very issue. Coincidence? Or is it finally becoming a matter of serious concern?

Correction - fourth current thread; one seems to have been removed. So, more accurately, fourth recent thread, as the expunged one isn't current.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
This is the third current thread on this very issue. Coincidence? Or is it finally becoming a matter of serious concern?

Correction - fourth current thread; one seems to have been removed. So, more accurately, fourth recent thread, as the expunged one isn't current.
One moderator has spoken up and she did a very good job. I'll explain some more that I hope will help. What gets you banned.

1. Underage - I haven't gone through the log and done a mathematical accurately statistic, but over half of those banned are under aged.

2. Spamming - The second largest group of people being banned are spammers. Spammers are people who come here to sell a product. Here is where the problem lies. A member who makes seemingly good points on several forums to cover for the big spam thread on another forum and gets banned. if you didn't read the post with the incriminating evidence, you don't know why this particular person was banned.

3. Trolling - This is where I sympathize with the members who don't have all the information. Several have been banned for trolling, not on the public forum, but in the chat room, which is a place I never visit. Some have been banned for trolling through private messages. The membership would not know that information.

Is the problem solvable? Depends on whether the owner, the mods and the members want public disclosure on why each member is banned. Do we want or how easy would it be to put in the avatar, I was banned for trolling. I was banned for being underage. etc.

Those banned get a message which they can retrieve that tells them why they have been banned.

As long as there is no public disclosure listing those banned and the reasons for the ban, I don't know if this perception can be fixed if you are one to automatically assume the worst for those of us who are moderators.

I am a human being. So are the other mods. Those being banned for trolling are the ones that I believe have the membership wondering. Why? The definition of trolling requires a study of evidence and a ruling. It is not like underage which is cut and dried. We know the guy is 16, there is nothing to do but ban. But trolling. Is John Doe trolling or not? Again, if you don't know about the private messages, the chats or you missed the posts where the trolling was done, you have to wonder. And I do understand why sometimes you look up and think, "Why in the hell was John Doe banned? He was always so nice in the Healthy Penis Forum." But over in ETC where maybe you never go, it is a totally different situation.

I don't know if this helps. I don't mind discussing this with the members who will really read what I have to say and will with an open mind discuss pros and cons of how to moderate the board.

As a mod, my concern, is that while some have consistently complained and BD you are one of them, I haven't read solutions to how members believe moderating should be done. Complaints about the present system don't mean much without dialogue on how moderating should be done.

If it is just a bitching party, I don't think any mod is interested in attending such a party. But a true dialogue is something I will participate in.

I will close with this one last thought. This board is not ours. We think it is ours. We act like it is ours. It is not. The board and everything printed here is the property of Rob E. the owner. The rules changed when Mark sold this to Rob E. I am not trying to pass the buck. I am stating the obvious. Rob E. can relieve any mod anytime he so wishes. He is the owner. All mods serve at the pleasure of Rob E.

I am not in the least implying that Rob is ruling this place with a hard thumb. Far from it. I am stating that he apparently is pleased with the job the mods are doing. Rob has not complained once in the way we have handled the banning of members. I don't recall him even making any suggestions. I am strongly suggesting though that he is pleased with how the mods are running this forum.

This is a long post. And I may not have answered your questions. I hope though that you can see that I truly am interested in how you feel about the board and more importantly your suggestions on how to make it better. Again, a complaint without giving a possible solution doesn't carry much weight. Better to suggest a solution that won't work, then to complain and offer no solutions at all.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

And still even after explaining the TOS and reposting it people will piss and moan. One of the staplestones of being a Lefty is fuck every ruel and law in our society. I see many people cant follow the TOS. I wish they would go away

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
The mods would like too think it's all done fairly, but there's holes in everything. It seems pretty fair for the most part.

Though I miss Spladel, he was a total dick to some people and admits to it (while giggling, actually). Some of the most beloved members have been banned for very good reasons. They know what they did. lol

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is a long post. And I may not have answered your questions. I hope though that you can see that I truly am interested in how you feel about the board and more importantly your suggestions on how to make it better. Again, a complaint without giving a possible solution doesn't carry much weight. Better to suggest a solution that won't work, then to complain and offer no solutions at all.

yes long post which is why I edited quote- but just wanted to say very well said, Freddie. You explained a lot that I didnt understand and I AM familiar with the TOS.
so thank you.:smile:

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
People get tossed for any number of reasons. There are of course the clear to everybody violations--abusive, foul mouthed, mean spirited on a continued basis, there are the under-age, the known multi-accounts set for a particular purpose (agenda) and then there are reasons we don't have information on and rarely do we the regulars find out. Some may just be people who sent several PMs and were abusive in them or did a spamming with their PMs. The TOS is craftily worded. Note how it goes from being discouraged to have more than one account to out and out saying it is not allowed (after the interlude of it's allowed if it is not done for trolling. Trolling having a definition which is continually changing.) ChicagoSam was banned, but nobody has indicated why. It's actually none of our business, since as was stated in one of the current (3) banning threads, the person being banned is sent a viewable e-mail message. They know and that's all it boils down to. Moderators make their decisions and like it or not, the rank and file must abide by their decisions. Even moderators and the two co-admins are at the mercy of the owner. Welcome to life.

At the end of the day, we are all--like it or not--nothing more than flittering flecks of dust in the vastness of the universe. We are here briefly and there's no reason to get too bogged down in the assinie weightiness of anything since we will be physically dead (body death) soon enough and once reunited with our particular giant soul this Earthly time will serve mostly as a learning experience.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It really doesn't matter how many times you explain it, some will bitch and moan.

If someone you like breaks the rules and gets banned, communicate with them via the million OTHER ways to do so: IM, email, phone, other websires, etc.

That is how I stay in touch with some who are no longer here (whom I liked).

Status
Not open for further replies.