Barack Hussein Obama

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ok, I didn't actually read any of the replies because I'm running late for something, but here are the national head-to-head matchup polls (no primaries involved).

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

We have Republicans jumping on our bandwagon as well. We call 'em Obamacans. For some bizarre reason many conservatives would rather vote for Barack than McCain (not that I'm complaining).
Plus I don't buy the whole "the country isn't ready for someone named Hussein" schtick. John McCain himself has come to Obama's defense on the subject of his name, and when the apparent nominee speaks, people tend to listen.

When I get back I may dig up some more poll numbers from other sites to banish your concerns. Frankly I'm surprised as hell. Barack is my candidate and I am campaigning vigorously for him, but I always thought we would encounter a serious wall of bigotry at some point. It seems the country is proving me wrong-- and I couldn't be happier. :smile:

These are the primaries for the democratic nomination not the election.
racism has plenty of time to rear its head.

Not provable, and most likely false.

Your original claim was:

I'll concede that some Democratic voters are racist, but
  1. you haven't established that enough voters are racist to swing the election;
  2. you haven't established that those voters are distributed in close swing states that might influence the electoral vote;
  3. you haven't established that racism among voters is strong enough to outweigh other principles: Are voters so opposed to a black candidate that they'd risk four more years of human rights abuses, quagmire in Iraq, economic stagnation, etc.?
  4. you haven't established that the voters who'd vote against Obama on the basis of his race outnumber the voters who'd vote for Obama on the basis of his race: his campaign has energized a lot of first-time voters who've felt politically disenfranchised in the past.
But the evidence is mounting that your claim is wrong: he doing phenomenal in the primaries, and you should care about these results before making your narrow-minded claim. In fact, even though 14 states still haven't had their primaries yet, Barack Obama has already received more primary votes than any other candidate in history (edit: I stand corrected; he's behind by a little over a million votes, but is likely to make up more than half that difference in Texas alone.) That doesn't speak of a party beset by racism.

Got to love those new voters (18 year olds).
I voted for Jimmy Carter my first time.(shudder)

Oh, and Hillary is so tough she had to cry to win a primary. And before you say they were genuine tears, in all the 35 years of experience she keeps touting, she hasn't cried once.

I think that speaks for itself.

EDIT: Thanks mindseye, that was excellent. Election politics should be approached like journalism... cite clear evidence and name the sources.
She never cried.
Media Hype!!!

According to the unscientific poll on AOL's front page right now 47% of respondents believe Obama has ties to Islam.

I'm about ready to concede the point in the death-to-America threads here that Americans are stupid. Jesus fuck people, pull your heads out of your asses.
AOL homepage-----You've got to be kidding me.
Those are 12 year olds.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Like a bad check it'll keep coming back between now and November, I have little doubt about that. If nothing else, hard-right vermin such as Ann Coulter and Bill Cunningham will certainly do their best to keep breathing life into it. And let's face it, there will be some who won't vote (and/or purposefully vote against) the guy strictly because of his name, race, etc. I mean c'mon, more people vote for American Idol than for president, and if that's not about petty-ante, inconsequential crap, nothing is! :rolleyes:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That has never stopped the Republicans before There is already a smear campaign about him being Muslim and not saluting the flag and more drivel that is false.

easy enough to believe when one sees a photo of him in Near Eastern attire, and reads of reports of Mrs. saying she is "finally proud" of being an American

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think the pic's that were leaked to the press this past week did real harm beyond repair. The Clinton machine. Sad.

Are you serious?

Do you personally know anybody who was moved in any way by those photographs?

If so, could you shoot them for me?

I'll reimburse you for the bullets.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
reads of reports of Mrs. saying she is "finally proud" of being an American

1. she's not running for president

2. sometimes it really is pretty hard

3. if you hate Liberals and the New York Times and Democrats and Hillary and a free press and GWB's low approval ratings and immigrants and athiests and gays.... guess what? you hate America, too. America is not the little microcosm that you stubbornly choose to believe that it is.

that last point directed more at Mark Levin than Nick

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I deal with a large slice of american pie everyday! There are ALOT of assholes out there believe me. I know you people I see you all the time.

Contrary to popular , I did not start this thread for racism purposes.
I have not made up my mind who I am voting for yet. Hillary or Barack.
I would vote for a non english speaking mexican illegal imigrant before voting Republican.

I was trying to prove a point.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So you had to wait for someone else to tell you what you where talking about?

Sad and true, so that means we can't talk about it.
Don't talk about that elephant in the middle of the room,maybe it will go away on it's oun.

Oh my god, you're dense.

No, gjorg, I don't need someone else to tell me what I'm talking about. I simply grew unbelievably bored with the looming prospect of debating someone with your... amount of brains... about the ideas you raised. I got distracted by TiVO, specifically a rerun of Robot Chicken and America's Next Top Model, both of which were far more intellectually stimulating to me than our ensuing conversation would have been.

You asked the LPSG community for our thoughts, I gave you mine. You apparently lack the cleverness to understand subtlety and nuance, and I apparently lack the patience to poke holes in your little theories in explicit detail. I guess we just weren't mean to be, gjorg. :frown1:

The only elephant in your thread is a pink one, sweetie. But then you probably won't understand what I mean by that either.

Toodles!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I see you've got your angry face on. uh oh.

That's my sad face. I had to make the frown in red, because I tried it in black and it looked like a mustache. It's hard to tell, but if you look closely you will see that I am wearing a black armband, in protest.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
1. she's not running for president

2. sometimes it really is pretty hard

3. if you hate Liberals and the New York Times and Democrats and Hillary and a free press and GWB's low approval ratings and immigrants and athiests and gays.... guess what? you hate America, too. America is not the little microcosm that you stubbornly choose to believe that it is.

that last point directed more at Mark Levin than Nick

1. Husband & wife -- shared outlooks & identity -- a given in campaigns from time immemorial

2. Sounds like a personal statement, to which my rejoinder would also be a personal statement.

3. Mark? Your response?

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh my god, you're dense.

No, gjorg, I don't need someone else to tell me what I'm talking about. I simply grew unbelievably bored with the looming prospect of debating someone with your... amount of brains... about the ideas you raised. I got distracted by TiVO, specifically a rerun of Robot Chicken and America's Next Top Model, both of which were far more intellectually stimulating to me than our ensuing conversation would have been.

You asked the LPSG community for our thoughts, I gave you mine. You apparently lack the cleverness to understand subtlety and nuance, and I apparently lack the patience to poke holes in your little theories in explicit detail. I guess we just weren't mean to be, gjorg. :frown1:

The only elephant in your thread is a pink one, sweetie. But then you probably won't understand what I mean by that either.

Toodles!
No you did'nt give halfway decent replys when this tread first started. Now poked with a stick you want to. Glad you have TIVO so you don't miss your intellectual stimulation. You are such an intellectual and a God to boot, whatever are you doing here? You are so far above everyone else but wait thats where douche bags usually hang!

Still unsure of your sexuality. I'am not. The anime is a clue!