Barack Hussein Obama

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Bill Clinton will go down in history as one of our greater presidents. Besides getting the blowjobs in the Oval Office and then lying about it, he did a great job as President.
Yeah.

It is amazing that a president can get impeached for lying about a blow job but one can't be impeached for weak cases for killing thousands in the Iraq war (but I did support going into Afghanistan in the beginning to get the Taliban). Please don't bring up 9/11 because this runs deeper than that.

I was always supportive of the post 911 Afghanistan strikes...but never the detour to IRAQ. But I had a notion that this war was iffy.
Now with that said - I want to address Obama's name. Let's go back history 101- Africans forced to American soil and forced to take slave owner names. Now most of us don't (African Americans) don't even know our surnames like those of European descent. I applaud Obama for sticking with his God given name. He should not be ashamed of his African name.
Maybe that will be the next media scare hype if Obama wins the Presidency, they will impeach him over his middle name. :rolleyes:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Now with that said - I want to address Obama's name. Let's go back history 101- Africans forced to American soil and forced to take slave owner names. Now most of us don't (African Americans) even know our surnames like those of European descent. I applaud Obama for sticking with his birth given name. He should not be ashamed of his African name.
It isn't his "African" name that's the point of contention. If his name were african, the idiot right-wingers wouldn't be playing their silly little games with it.

But the point is, his middle name is a middle-eastern name. (Note to fear mongers: it's just the name his mama happened to give him, not a sworn allegiance to a philosophy or a religion.) Fear-mongering and xenophobia are some of the most effective tools that the conservative talk-show cretins have in their arsenal, so those are the tools they use the most. Unfortunately, their audience either prefer to have their views provided to them, or are not quite bright enough to see the game being played, for what it is.

They make very thinly veiled accusations that if his middle name is Hussein, then he is obviously a muslim terrorist (and the cretins take it and run.)

As for the "outrage" that he would wear native garb when visiting a foreign country, I guess some people on the conservative-reactionary side would conclude that an American showing customs courtesy to foreign dignitaries actually is insulting to Americans.:rolleyes:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As for the "outrage" that he would wear native garb when visiting a foreign country, I guess some people on the conservative-reactionary side would conclude that an American showing customs courtesy to foreign dignitaries actually is insulting to Americans.:rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but weren't those photos released by the Clinton camp?

visualalert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Obama is fresh for the taking. The charges that will be brought against him will most likely be not only not true, but totally fabricated. That has never stopped the Republicans before There is already a smear campaign about him being Muslim and not saluting the flag and more drivel that is false.

I shudder to read what the Republicans and their kin will fabricate against Obama if he is the nominee.

The Republicans don't have to do anything - he's doing himself in quite nicely. The connections to Rezko and very-very-old-school Chicago Democratic corruption is getting harder and harder to spin as a herald of "change", and this business with the Canadian TV reports about his bogus NAFTA positions is just beyond spinnable. His only hope there is that the US networks cover it up for him, but it's getting so much play in the blogosphere that it's pretty likely to get a lot of play probably even before the convention.

This is just an old school sleazeball with good marketing, a pretty face and good public speaking skills. An empty suit, but it will take a little longer for people to figure that out (and, obviously, some never will).

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Maybe he should change his middle name to "Who's Sane".

Barack Who's Sane Obama. :wink:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but weren't those photos released by the Clinton camp?
You are probably right, Bbucko. I saw the photo with the caption, and could not bring myself to read any more.

For many, many years, it has sickened me that US politics plays out that way... and that the sheeple are stupid enough to fall for it.

"Yes, I'm a sleazebag, but you won't think about that if I distract you by pointing out what a sleazebag my opponent is. Neither of us has anything positive to say about ourselves, so we have to make do with throwing shit-pies at each other."

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Remember that the Republicans made George Bush the Vietnam draft dodger a patriotic hero. And they made John Kerry a decorated Vietnam Veteran a traitor to his country. And the stupid people bought the story.
GWB's joining the ANG and flying F104s isn't draft dodging. The fatality rate for F104 trainees was quite high due to it being a difficult plane to fly. He didn't take a "safe" way out.

Anyway, I don't think "swift boat" tactics will work as well as they use to. People are becoming jaded; the Obama "robe" photo didn't cause as much grief as I thought it would.

------------
It is amazing that a president can get impeached for lying about a blow job ...
The (supposed) lie was to a Grand Jury. If it weren't for that, there wouldn't have been much of a case against him. It isn't the "lie" but whom it was stated to.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i've passed up reading the crap that's come before. suffice to say that conservatives want people to live there own lives and liberals want to control peoples lives.

Yes, it was that very liberal GWB White House colluding with both houses of a Congress controlled by those liberal Republicans that gave us the USA PATRIOT Acts I & II, the Dept. of Homeland Security, color-coded Terror Threat levels, suspension of habeas corpus, challenged right to counsel, and did away with the pesky need for judicial oversight when spying on its own citizenry.

Get a fucking clue.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Republican Party's (and Hillary Clinton's) strategy is transparent, but,

I wonder about the Democratic Party's leadership strategy in putting forward someone as vulnerable as Obama

It isn't his "African" name that's the point of contention. If his name were african, the idiot right-wingers wouldn't be playing their silly little games with it.

But the point is, his middle name is a middle-eastern name. (Note to fear mongers: it's just the name his mama happened to give him, not a sworn allegiance to a philosophy or a religion.) Fear-mongering and xenophobia are some of the most effective tools that the conservative talk-show cretins have in their arsenal, so those are the tools they use the most. Unfortunately, their audience either prefer to have their views provided to them, or are not quite bright enough to see the game being played, for what it is.

They make very thinly veiled accusations that if his middle name is Hussein, then he is obviously a muslim terrorist (and the cretins take it and run.)

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
These are the primaries for the democratic nomination not the election.
racism has plenty of time to rear its head.

Got to love those new voters (18 year olds).
I voted for Jimmy Carter my first time.(shudder)

She never cried.
Media Hype!!!

AOL homepage-----You've got to be kidding me.
Those are 12 year olds.

Again, I'm kinda busy so I don't have time to see if someone already clarified this, but those are national polls, for the general election. They aren't primaries. They're just all states and all parties, asked if they would vote for Obama or McCain, simple as that. The polls show that not only are Democrats willing to vote for Barack, but so are Republicans and Independents. And no one's going to decide they're racist between now and then, you either are or you aren't.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

And yes, this is the first election I'll be able to vote in, but the young should be listened to just as those who have been around for a while (a portion of young people may be ignorant, but so are a portion of boomers. 2004, anyone?). Both offer unique insights into various topics. I've been breathing politics since the 2000 election when I was a kid. Age can be quite relative.
I'll get some corroborating data posted around 8:00 when I get back.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, it was that very liberal GWB White House colluding with both houses of a Congress controlled by those liberal Republicans that gave us the USA PATRIOT Acts I & II, the Dept. of Homeland Security, color-coded Terror Threat levels, suspension of habeas corpus, challenged right to counsel, and did away with the pesky need for judicial oversight when spying on its own citizenry.

Get a fucking clue.
You left out the snowflake memos, sweetie.

D_Adoniah Sheervolume

Account Disabled
Media
people resort to name-calling when they have little else to go on. unfortunately, this kind of stuff appeals to the ugliest aspects of human beings (witness some of the responses to this thread).

obama's middle name has no relevance. in fact, i would argue: what difference would it make if he WAS a muslum? the united states is NOT a christian country. there is supposed to be a SEPARATION of church & state. people came here to FLEE religious persecution, and yet today we are as guilty as many a demonized country of it.

i wouldn't care if my president was an ugly, purple, 800 lb, buddhi-judeo-atheo-christiano-muslimic-hindu as long as that person had strength of character, intelligence and the vision to lead the country.

there are good and bad people of every religious affiliation/non-affiliation. i think it's high time our political leaders reminded the general populous of this.

as for obama's qualifications: i saw something on tv recently. a reporter asked a group of obama supporters to say why they support him, to give one good reason. one african american came out and said it was because he's black. i think one said he voted against the iraq war (a position i'm proud he took, btw). but the rest couldn't give a single reason...(!)

i'd like to see a list of obama's political/social accomplishments. have those properly vetted, as well as his proposals for the future. same for hillary. and mccain.

i will say i am deeply disturbed by obama's wholesale, verbatim cribbing of speeches without any attribution. seems disingenuous at best, dishonest at worst...

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Franklin delano Roosevelt
John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Richard Milhouse Nixon
William Jefferson Clinton
Barack Hussein Obama.

I know it's just his name but.....

The name simply means "Handsome". :smile:

Anyone who becomes hysterical because an individual possesses that name is truly irrational. I don't recall anyone being frightened by King Hussein of Jordan or Michel Hussein of the BBC because of their name.

Should everyone get just as hysterical over all people with the names Timothy? (McVeigh), Ted? (Kaczynski) or Graham? (Young), who gave me a lovely sausage roll BTW. Thank heavens that John McCain has showed such people to be the idiots that they truly are by dismissing this ridiculous fear of a similar name nonsense.:rolleyes:

The Young Poisoner's Handbook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obama? He scares the HELL out of me. People are almost worshiping him. It reminds me of the old Nazi news reels of the masses in Germany "worshiping" Hitler. I know it isn't like that, but it does remind me of that. I am not ready to "Heil Obama!" or "Obama Akbar!", I am just not ready for that. I couldn't care less about his skin color. There are many black men and women I would vote for, but not this guy.

Yet people went wild over the Beatles, Elvis, Princess Diana etc. etc. ad infinitum and I can assume that when they did you weren't scared. It appears to me the only thing that truly scares you is him becoming POTUS. :rolleyes:

D_Adoniah Sheervolume

Account Disabled
Media
sorry guy, but that's a completely weak argument. none of those mentioned were political leaders. c'mon...

Yet people went wild over the Beatles, Elvis, Princess Diana etc. etc. ad infinitum and I can assume that when they did you weren't scared. It appears to me the only thing that truly scares you is him becoming POTUS. :rolleyes:

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
The Republicans are divided now over whether to come out in droves and vote for Obama so Obama can get the nomination so McCain can beat him easily and those Republicans who plan to come out in droves to vote for Hillary so Hillary gets the nomination so McCain can beat her handily.

it will be interesting. The Republicans are divided over which candidate will be easier to beat.

Having said that. I do believe that Hillary will make the stronger candidate. Obama is to the left of Clinton who is a bit more moderate. The people are tired of hearing the latest the Cllintons did wrong from the Republicans. Except for the blow job, the Clintons came out smelling like a rose when investigated by the Republicans.

Obama is fresh for the taking. The charges that will be brought against him will most likely be not only not true, but totally fabricated. That has never stopped the Republicans before There is already a smear campaign about him being Muslim and not saluting the flag and more drivel that is false.

Remember that the Republicans made George Bush the Vietnam draft dodger a patriotic hero. And they made John Kerry a decorated Vietnam Veteran a a traitor to his country. And the stupid people bought the story.

I shudder to read what the Republicans and their kin will fabricate against Obama if he is the nominee.

Of course the Republicans will try that out on Hillary. I just don't think they will be able to fool as many people with Hillary.

Right on, I think you have exactly captured what will go down.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've always liked what Jon Stewart had to say about it (and I'm paraphrasing, because I don't remember the exact quote): "They say Barack Hussein Obama, you know, so we can tell him apart from all those other Barack Obamas out there."