Barack Obama: Biracial Icon To "Zebras" And "Oreos" Everywhere?

trumasseur

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
We are individuals, unique unto ourselves.
Applying labels is the lazy-way of categorizing that which beyond the usual ignorant (what fear is based on) justifications and rationals to support labels pertaining to gender, race, size or anything else.
We are quite un-evolved when one realizes how non-consequential threads like this are....
Also agree with Nick4444

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Can you help me understand who is being oppressed now, Silver? Why are we forced to revisit race every 5 seconds? Why are you consumed with race? Why is anyone consumed with race? What do you want? What will appease you?

I don't know what in the world you're on about. Christ.

The thread is explicitly about race. I didn't start the thread. Neither did Sargon. And raising the issue of "race as a societal construct" rather moves the discussion away from race, does it not?

But you've come into a thread about race and are now criticizing people for talking about race. Isn't there somewhere else you could go?

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The thread is explicitly about race. I didn't start the thread. Neither did Sargon. And raising the issue of "race as a societal construct" rather moves the discussion away from race, does it not?

But you've come into a thread about race and are now criticizing people for talking about race. Isn't there somewhere else you could go?

You purport that the thread is 'explicitly about race.' Yet, you indicate that 'race as a societal construct' moves away from race. Hello, Tommy Boy....Tommy Boy??

You've nailed that bong one too many times tonight. Did you read the OP, Silver?

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, I don't smoke pot.

But you're either mentally challenged, or so politically furious that you can't see, hear or understand logic, common sense, etc. Sorry for you, mate.

I'm moving on.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One Drop Rule is a crock. In some states if it was your grand parent or great grand parent that was black, you were classified as black. Why not adopt Tiger Woods view on race? He refuses to be put into a category. He is french, asian, african, and Indigenous American. He chooses to not be labeled.
Tiger Woods used to call himself Caublanasian which incorporated everything. Make no mistake, there are still golf courses in the US he can't play. . . because he's black! I bet it says black on his birth certificate too.

Isn't there somewhere else you could go?
How about hell. :biggrin1:

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
Here is my opinion, right or wrong, it's an opinion.

If Obama isn't African American I don't think he gets by Hillary.

However, if he DID get by Hillary, I believe he still beats our McCain.

I think being African American did push him to get the Demo nomination, but didn't get him the white house. I think he wins the presidency regardless of color.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Tiger Woods used to call himself Caublanasian which incorporated everything. Make no mistake, there are still golf courses in the US he can't play. . . because he's black! I bet it says black on his birth certificate too.

[/b]How about hell. :biggrin1:

Don't bet on it. Do you know how many people would love to brag in the clubhouse, I saw Tiger Woods today. He commented on how great I play.

They deny him entry and the press will make life pure hell for them. Wealthy members will resign in protest. It's because he's famous. It's like the time the DAR denied Marian Anderson the use of Constitution Hall. Even first lady Eleanor Roosevelt resigned her membership in protest.
BTW It was Eleanor Roosevelt taking advantage of her husband's illness that promoted so much change. He couldn't take back what she went around saying he felt. It was let her go or let the public know he was unfit to serve.

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
anyone remember the old saying "don't judge a book by it's cover?" I can understand why african-americans want to claim him as their own and I think they're justified in that but, as a white guy from a perenially red state, I voted for him for the way he presented himself, his ideals, and his positive message during a stupidly negative campaign. I think it's funny Republicans are now claiming "he's 1/2 WHITE!" like this is some kind of arguement that will save face for them. It's LAUGHABLE!

When I voted, I didn't care what he looked like on the outside - but what I hope he has on the inside to lead our country...

B_24065

1st Like
Media
Hey, heres an idea. Race isnt the problem. Black people are the problem (and I'm a 33 year old black man). ever notice how you never hear any of the other minority groups in America (latino, Hindu, Chinese, Korean, African, etc.) bitch and moan about lack of opportunity, and discrimination, racism etc. In fact, Most minority immigrants have come to this country and have done well for themselves BECAUSE of the huge opportunity this country offers. With the election of Obama, the victimhood black montra just suffered a huge setback because you cant whine about inequality and discrimination when 64,000,000 American (40+ million whites) just put a "black" man in the whitehouse. Jesse Jackson was crying at the Obama's victory speech not because a black man just won the presidency, but because his million dollar business of blackmail, exploitation, and swindling in the name of "victimhood" just came to an end.

What more do you fucking people want? We are the ones that make ourselves look bad. We do not want equality, or liberity or any of that shit. Obama just proved you have it. We want a fucking hand out.

How can I say these things??? Because i am an African American! Im a conservative, educated african american who is sick and tired of seeing those of my race refuse to leave the unshackled chains in order to take advantage of this great countries opportunities, because its much easier to play the bitch thats being held-down. Yes, i did enjoy a great sense of pride on tuesday when Obama won because it proved our country has moved passed race by and large (though i think Obama is a piece of shit phony and it makes me sick that many voted for him based solely on his color, and Not based upon the content of his character).

From time to time i do experience racism, but im getting to the point that i almost dont blame white people anymore because the black community in America is the laughing stock of the planet. We have no honor, no pride, all the opportunity in the world, and nothing but a bunch of bullshit excuses. This historic moment, if anything, needs to bring that bullshit to an end.

I was born in NY in 1975. My father was not around, my mother and grandmother raised me and my sibblings. my country provided me with a FREE education in a descent school. I opted to study and not play boogy ball or pursue a rap career and as a result i earned an academic scholarship to a state school in NY. After four years and alot of hard work i earned another scholarship and recived an MBA. I was hired immediately out of school by a well known national office supply company and 9 years later, i am a Corporate VP making well over Mr Obamas definition of the evil rich. I achieved all this for one reason...because i was born in the greatest country God ever gave man, and instead of rolling around in my own laziness and self pity, i decided to take the opportunities that were GIVEN to me and with those opportunities i EARNED a great life for myself and my family.

So dont give me that victim entitlment bullshit. I am a conservative libertarian BECAUSE i am a proud black man. If we wanted a great Black president, then we should have elected Alan Keyes when we had the chance, not this hollywood marxist phony.

Deal with that.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey, heres an idea. Race isnt the problem. Black people are the problem (and I'm a 33 year old black man). ever notice how you never hear any of the other minority groups in America (latino, Hindu, Chinese, Korean, African, etc.) bitch and moan about lack of opportunity, and discrimination, racism etc. In fact, Most minority immigrants have come to this country and have done well for themselves BECAUSE of the huge opportunity this country offers. With the election of Obama, the victimhood black montra just suffered a huge setback because you cant whine about inequality and discrimination when 64,000,000 American (40+ million whites) just put a "black" man in the whitehouse. Jesse Jackson was crying at the Obama's victory speech not because a black man just won the presidency, but because his million dollar business of blackmail, exploitation, and swindling in the name of "victimhood" just came to an end.

What more do you fucking people want? We are the ones that make ourselves look bad. We do not want equality, or liberity or any of that shit. Obama just proved you have it. We want a fucking hand out.

How can I say these things??? Because i am an African American! Im a conservative, educated african american who is sick and tired of seeing those of my race refuse to leave the unshackled chains in order to take advantage of this great countries opportunities, because its much easier to play the bitch thats being held-down. Yes, i did enjoy a great sense of pride on tuesday when Obama won because it proved our country has moved passed race by and large (though i think Obama is a piece of shit phony and it makes me sick that many voted for him based solely on his color, and Not based upon the content of his character).

From time to time i do experience racism, but im getting to the point that i almost dont blame white people anymore because the black community in America is the laughing stock of the planet. We have no honor, no pride, all the opportunity in the world, and nothing but a bunch of bullshit excuses. This historic moment, if anything, needs to bring that bullshit to an end.

I was born in NY in 1975. My father was not around, my mother and grandmother raised me and my sibblings. my country provided me with a FREE education in a descent school. I opted to study and not play boogy ball or pursue a rap career and as a result i earned an academic scholarship to a state school in NY. After four years and alot of hard work i earned another scholarship and recived an MBA. I was hired immediately out of school by a well known national office supply company and 9 years later, i am a Corporate VP making well over Mr Obamas definition of the evil rich. I achieved all this for one reason...because i was born in the greatest country God ever gave man, and instead of rolling around in my own laziness and self pity, i decided to take the opportunities that were GIVEN to me and with those opportunities i EARNED a great life for myself and my family.

So dont give me that victim entitlment bullshit. I am a conservative libertarian BECAUSE i am a proud black man. If we wanted a great Black president, then we should have elected Alan Keyes when we had the chance, not this hollywood marxist phony.

Deal with that.

( If you truly are a BLACK man)
It is unfortunate that you have chosen to use the term "proud black man" in the same thread in which you basically denigrate so many of the same racial designation. I congratulate you on your achievements against what have probably been many odds. However, as we both well know, no group is monolithic. Yes, there will always be people of any particular group who do not chose to take advantage of opportunities presented them and then forever after see themselves as victims. They ARE victims, victims of bad choices. But that has no color. On, the other hand, in spite of what you choose to believe there still is much inequity across this country and Black people are just a few of the recipients of it. I think we should all look to ourselves and ask what we each can personally do to make this country a better place for all. If you feel you are doing that, I applaud you .Please do NOT however assume that your positive experience is that of all black people. There is still much work to be done. There are many people of African descent here on this board who similarly are highly educated and possess prominent positions however there is still a place for compassion for those who have not yet or may never make the gains that you have personally.

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For your information. IN THE BEGINING everybody was black. Through the ages the penis became somewhat shorter and thinner as a population of these folks turned white.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

( If you truly are a BLACK man)
On, the other hand, in spite of what you choose to believe there still is much inequity across this country and Black people are just a few of the recipients of it. I think we should all look to ourselves and ask what we each can personally do to make this country a better place for all. If you feel you are doing, I applaud you .Please do NOT however assume that your positive experience is that of all black people. There is still much work to be done. There are many people of African descent here on this board who similarly are highly educated and possess prominent positions however there is still a place for compassion for those who have not yet or may never make the gains that you have personally.

Naughty, I'm not dismissing your point. But is there a country out there with more opportunity for all races?

24065's post is a classic example of the opportunities available for people with ambition and personal responsibility, regardless of color, gender or religion. I think it was a great post.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
It's a shame that he has to be racially pigeon-holed, why can't all Americans just accept him as an American?
Skin pigment doesn't effect the way the mind works!

Last edited:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Naughty, I'm not dismissing your point. But is there a country out there with more opportunity for all races?

24065's post is a classic example of the opportunities available for people with ambition and personal responsibility, regardless of color, gender or religion. I think it was a great post.

If you want me to keep it real... I thought his post was an example of classic self hatred. It is what I call the "I am the only negro in America who listens to classical music syndrome". I have seen this many times in black people who feel they have pulled themselves up by their bootstraps. Most of the time they are standing on the shoulders of many who were as or more qualified whose time had not yet come. I acknowledged and congratulated him on his personal achievements. He however is only one among many. The fight still continues. I believe in both ambition and personal responsibility but for some even that is not enough and it needs to be acknowledged.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you want me to keep it real... I thought his post was an example of classic self hatred. It is what I call the "I am the only negro in America who listens to classical music syndrome". I have seen this many times in black people who feel they have pulled themselves up by their bootstraps. Most of the time they are standing on the shoulders of many who were as or more qualified whose time had not yet come. I acknowledged and congratulated him on his personal achievements. He however is only one among many. The fight still continues. I believe in both ambition and personal responsibility but for some even that is not enough and it needs to be acknowledged.
Amen! Preach it Rev. Naughty! :cool:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey, heres an idea. Race isnt the problem. Black people are the problem (and I'm a 33 year old black man). ever notice how you never hear any of the other minority groups in America (latino, Hindu, Chinese, Korean, African, etc.) bitch and moan about lack of opportunity, and discrimination, racism etc.

So, you're a black man? That makes even more of your postings around here perplexing. And you claim to never hear any other minority groups complaining about opportunity? If that's so, then you're not listening enough. Even people in the majority, being the caucasion race, complain about the lack of opportunities in this country. You're right when you say that race isn't the problem. Then you turn right around and blame Black people, negating your own argument.

With the election of Obama, the victimhood black montra just suffered a huge setback because you cant whine about inequality and discrimination when 64,000,000 American (40+ million whites) just put a "black" man in the whitehouse.

Even if Obama won the presidency, this doesn't change the plight of the financially struggling person in this country. All it does is put a brighter light at the end of the tunnel. But for every successful person, regardless of race, there are thousands if not tens of thousands of others that never make it to see their dreams come true.

Jesse Jackson was crying at the Obama's victory speech not because a black man just won the presidency, but because his million dollar business of blackmail, exploitation, and swindling in the name of "victimhood" just came to an end.

Touché. Part of me thinks it was a little hypocritical to see him crying considering the statements he made about Obama just a little while ago. But overall, I think everyone could agree that this was an emotional moment for anyone who actually grew up during the civil rights movements.

Just because we now have a president who is half black in office doesn't mean that everyone is now "equal". Don't overvalue the real situation here. It's a step in the right question, but there's still a lot to work to be done. When we have our first Latino, Asian and Native Indian presidents, our first Female president, our first GAY or LESBIAN president, and when more people can get themselves to a point where they can take care of themselves and loved ones comfortably then we'll start to talk about true equality.

The struggle doesn't stop just because the president sports a 'fro. :rolleyes:

How can I say these things??? Because i am an African American! Im a conservative, educated african american who is sick and tired of seeing those of my race refuse to leave the unshackled chains in order to take advantage of this great countries opportunities, because its much easier to play the bitch thats being held-down.

If you're the educated man as you speak, then you'd know that "playing the bitch" is a role that all races play pretty damn well. Just look at the KKK for a prime example.

Yes, i did enjoy a great sense of pride on tuesday when Obama won because it proved our country has moved passed race by and large (though i think Obama is a piece of shit phony and it makes me sick that many voted for him based solely on his color, and Not based upon the content of his character).

Irony... call it 24065.
Every person judges a person's character on different merits. The majority of the world was able to see that Obama wasn't the perfect candidate, but was better than his opposition. They didn't find Rev. Wright or William Ayers a major concern because everyone is a few steps away from a racist, extremist or crazy person that someone will not like. Everyone comes from a dysfunctional family. Everyone is a little bit touched in the head.

From time to time i do experience racism, but im getting to the point that i almost dont blame white people anymore because the black community in America is the laughing stock of the planet. We have no honor, no pride, all the opportunity in the world, and nothing but a bunch of bullshit excuses.

It's comments like this that make me wonder if you truly ARE a black man. I agree with naughty in stating that you do have a lot of self-loathing issues if you believe this. Either that, or you're reading teaser scripts for Uncle Ruckus from season 3 of The Boondocks. :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with someone who decides to play basketball or go into the entertainment world to make money for themselves and their family. Since when has college been the only acceptable means to success? That may have worked for you, but that's not always the path of choice for everyone regardless of race. They found their OWN X-factor to get ahead, refusing to be labeled by people just like you who will first complain about how black people don't take advantage of their opportunities, then complain that they didn't achieve their success in a manner you find acceptable. As long as they aren't bringing the people down around them, why judge?

It doesn't help your argument when you use a person who has already left the conservative party. Just sayin'... :biggrin1:

Deal with that.

While we deal with this, you need to deal with your self-loathing attitude. Seriously, you're one of the most negative & pessimistic black person I ever seen. :frown1:

Last edited:

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
It is very said but there needs to be inspiration beyond hip hop and crack. What happened to the NAACP? It is no longer the huge driving force it used to be. There have even been tons of reports about the infighting, and how it got off track. We used to have yearly drives for the UNCF here. There hastn't been one in years. When did the leaders of the community stop caring? Has it come about as a result of the extreme selfishness of people, and their unending materialistic desires?

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Go out and get an education.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is very said but there needs to be inspiration beyond hip hop and crack. What happened to the NAACP? It is no longer the huge driving force it used to be. There have even been tons of reports about the infighting, and how it got off track. We used to have yearly drives for the UNCF here. There hastn't been one in years. When did the leaders of the community stop caring? Has it come about as a result of the extreme selfishness of people, and their unending materialistic desires?

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Go out and get an education.

Hootie,

to whom is this admonition directed?