Barack Obama wins the election!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by flame boy, Nov 3, 2008.

1. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

Well, someone had to start this thread so I thought I would get the ball rolling...

2. Xcuze

Gold Member

Is this like pre-cum?

Youll look a fool if he doesnt win.

3. flame boy

:tongue: I'll look like a fool regardless!

4. naughty

Gold Member

It is best to wait and see, sweet one. This is going to be one bumpy ride! People are seriously holding their breath about this one...

5. flame boy

Lets just say I am an optimist!

6. naughty

Gold Member

Well,

there is nothing wrong with that...This election is a litmus test for so many issues in this country.

7. Freddie53

Gold Member

That is the most profound statement I have ever heard from you, Naughty. And I doubt many people realize just how true that is.

I see all the polls. I see all the predictions. But I'll believe it when John McCain concedes defeat.

I want to be very emphatic in that John McCain is a great American patriot. He has served our nation well. He has been a maverick in the side of some of the Republican presidents helping all Americans.

But America needs a new leader now. One that has the ability to be a leader, the vision to be a leader, one who can keep his cool in hot situations. My admiration for Obama has grown throughout the election. He has shown that he indeed can carry the same torch that John Kennedy carried some almost 50 years ago.

Our nation is very troubled. We have the highest percentage of our population incarcerated in the entire industrialized world. We have quit working on real solutions to real problems and have been using band aids now for eight years.

In particular our minority boys and girls who are being left out of the prosperity club at school and in the world desperately need a ray of hope. John McCain can't provide that ray of hope. It's not that John McCain doesn't care. John McCain simply doesn't understand what it is like to be in high school, college or just that age and not be a member of the prosperity club. Nor does John McCain understand what it is going to take to get things back right again.

The numbers of young adults that are members of the prosperity club are dropping for all races, genders and in all areas of the country. Meanwhile the members of the "Left Out" club are mushrooming. Our country must give those young people hope again.

There is no American on the scene that can do that at this time but Obama. Hilllary comes in a close second. but still Obama is the man for the hour.

Nuaghty said the most profound statement I have ever heard. Her words are a vast understatement.

If we could see in a crystal ball the results of an Obama presidency and a McCain presidency then I think people would really understand.

The animosity the growing discontent about how the nation once the land of opportunity has become the land of no opportunity is just almost boiling underneath the water. With this big of a lead right now, should Obama lose,

I'm very concerned of the violent reaction of these young adults, black and white, male and female, hispanic and all that have been left out now for eight years.

Should this election get taken away from Obama, my sympathies would be with this young adults. I'm white, male, come from a good linage back to pre-Revolutionary times, college educated and all, but my sons unlike me have not been able to gain entry into the prosperity club. The economy is wrong for them in their twenties to get in. They are still having to use my card to get into the door.

"This election is a litmus test for so many issues in this country."
    Naughty, LPSG Moderator

8. D_Marazion Analdouche

If it was a true litmus test, people would either vote none of the above or write themselves in. IMHO I believe if they won either of the two candidates will continue to divide this country. I don't see "change" coming, I see more spin and empty promises. I see more waste, and lack of understanding of what this country truly needs.

I hope I'm wrong, we shall see.

9. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    From your mouth to god's ear, flamey. But I never count my chickens in advance.

10. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

a quick question: How can you vote for McCain with looking at who's a heart beat away from Presidency should be not complete his term?

Let's be serious here!

11. D_CountdeGrandePinja

12. D_CountdeGrandePinja

How can you vote for McCain knowing who's a heart beay away from Presidency if he does not complete his term???

Let's be seirous here.

13. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is precisely the mentality that concerns me most going into the election. No one is "entitled" to an Obama win. The sense of entitlement amongst young adults is a big part of our problem as a nation, but that's a discussion for a different day.

14. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

But even though you see all of this bad stuff from the two candidates, ONE of them is still a better choice. We all don't want to vote for a lesser evil, but if you essentially write in someone that has no chance in winning (or not vote at all) you eliminate a chance to get things to improve in our nation even 1%. It's all about making a choice that can at least get you looking in the right direction before you walk towards it. Look at your first (or only) choice, and then look at the remaining two. ONE of them has to be closer to what you feel than the other. It's THAT person you need to vote for. My first choice isn't on the ticket anymore. But I'm not going to write in Clinton's name in protest or even consider not voting. For me, Obama is more in tune with my initial vote. So he gets mine because he has a chance in winning.

Nobody can say that we're going to be in the same exact position we're in now come the next election. We're either going to be better off, or worse. Our economic and world standing is not going to "freeze" if Obama or McCain gets in office. Our health care issues or the War is not going to go in temporary hiatus until 2012 when your candidate of choice gets another chance to run. You owe it to yourself to make a choice even if you don't agree with one candidate completely.

That's about as optimistic I can put it, dude. Anything else I could do to sway your decision would require a bunch of hookers, some pancake batter and some rather awkward sexual positions. And Helga is just not feeling too flexible right now. :wink: :biggrin1:

#14 B_VinylBoy, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  15. houtx48

Gold Member

i'm wondering if Jesus Christ were running as a republican if he would be elected. Bush and Chaney have destroyed the GOP, but did what their corporate masters bidding.

16. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Well, if McCain wins a convincing victory then there won't be any complaints. We want a decisive outcome with all ballots counted for. No grey areas or complicated matters.

You can bet if we have a similar fiasco like we did in Florida in 2000 or Ohio in 2004, then there's going to be complaints about voter fraud and "stealing the election" from the losing party. That's regardless if Obama or McCain wins.

17. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Riiiiiiight. Let's face it, there's only one outcome Obama supporters will ever be satisfied with. It's all about entitlement at this point.

18. D_VictorVikkiTielVictoria

Blind irresponsibility

19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Ask me again if I, the one that initially wanted Hillary on the ticket instead of Obama, feel entitled? Please. I just know where my loyalties lie this election and it's NOT with McCain/Palin. I know that he can somehow still win, even though I live in a state that usually votes Democratic. Let's just wait for the final outcome. We shall know in a day who wins this thing. And let's hope that there's no grey areas this time.

20. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    You are misinterpreting the post (perhaps on purpose). To speak of the election being "taken away" from Obama has nothing to do with a belief in his being entitled to be elected; it has to do with the fear of electoral fraud being used to prevent the vote count from reflecting how people actually voted or tried to vote -- the actions that we have seen in this and in previous presidential elections to get likely Democratic voters stricken from the registration lists, to make it difficult for them to cast their votes, and to prevent their votes from being counted, to say nothing of the use of "black box" voting machines that have a record of mysteriously switching votes for Democrats to Republican candidates, delivering negative vote tallies for Democratic candidates, and so on.

Draft saved Draft deleted