Barbershop Experiences

Do you feel comfortable as a gay man in the barbershop?

• Yes

Votes: 270 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 138 33.8%

• Total voters

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The barbershop is often a place of congregation and machismo and sometimes can be a scary place for gay men whether their sexuality is apparent or unapparent. Most of my memories have been fond memories because I went to the same barber since I was a child and he didn't allow convos that were homophobic to take place in his barbershop. One memory that I do recall quite clearly was when my barber allowed a student of his to practice on clients. I volunteered to allow this new barber give me a haircut and I recall him being a young beefy handsome brunette guy. His name was Andre. I took my seat in the chair and watched Andre nervously prepare to give his first haircut while my regular barber guided him. Andre was wearing thin khaki pants and I assume he was commando because I could see the obvious vpl that rested just to the left of his thigh. I didn't want to stare too much but from what I could see he was not only thick and cut but he had a nice length as well. Andre did an excellent job trimming my hair with the clippers and scissors and now it was time for him to do my lineup with the straight razor. I don't know if it was his nerves that caused him to lean into my armrest and rest his bulge just atop my forearm as he concentrated with a surgeons precision. I specifically remember his bulge being rather warm and somewhat firm as he leaned in close to my head and took small razor strokes to line me up perfectly. All in all it was not only a great experience for me but he did a great job on my haircut and I tipped him well.

Share stories and experiences that you've had with your barber or in a barbershop whether good or bad.

D

deleted60522

When I was in my late teens early 20's I used to go to a Cypriot barber who would have been in his late 30's. He would often come in close and rub his hard on against my arm where it was resting on the armrest. I was too young and inexperienced then to ever do anything about it.

Interesting topic. I used to go to hair stylists for years and years, because I had the misconception that barber shops were only for "real men", and that I wouldn't get a decent haircut. By decent haircut, I mean that at a stylist you pay $40+ and there seems to be the perception that they are much more highly trained. Additionally, the environment is much different. A hair stylist's shop seems to have an atmosphere of decadence, with money evidently spent on visuals, and also with the well dressed stylists themselves. A barber seems very bare-bones in comparison.

Boy, were my perceptions wrong. I moved to the US for a couple of years, and started using a barber shop as it was the highest rated in the area I was living. The people were amazing, and I got the best haircut I had received in years. And, it was half the price I would normally pay.

Fast forward a few years, and I still go to barbers, but I also came to appreciate the clientele and the barbers themselves. There seems to be an honest masculinity, without the negative stigma of toxic masculinity. It's just a place where guys go. Also, it has more of the type of guy that I am attracted to.

I visited a barber a couple of years ago, and experienced something similar to what was mentioned above. He was a handsome man of Italian heritage, packing a decent schlong, who would rest the length of his cock along my arm as he would cut my hair. Very arousing, but I haven't had the opportunity to return until recently. Later on this week, I'm going to see him again, and then monthly after that as the shop is a couple hours outside of my city, but falls within my regular travel plans.

For me it depends. I'm black so the only barbershops I go to are either black American ones or sometimes Dominican ones if I'm in a Hispanic neighborhood. Both tend to lean homophobic with slurs said sometimes. I've never let someone white cut my hair so I have nothing to compare my experience to in terms of other barbershops. I actually think the homophobia comes from most black barbershops being somewhere in a low-income urban area; like I've never been to or have seen a high-end black barbershop. With that said, my current barber is fine. I've never been super talkative at the barbershop because I just want to get my hair cut and leave.

NYGeoff

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I go to a fairly high-end barber shop in a gay neighborhood and love it. While my barber is straight, and I think most of the other barbers are too, they can't be homophobic and work in that neighborhood as at least half the clientele is gay. I love my guy because he gives great haircuts and shaves but he's also super hot and friendly. It's not a sexual experience, but I do enjoy the casual closeness and laid back environment.

lblclblc

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i dont really show off being attracted to men but i feel comfortable at barbershops

i love it when my barber holds my neck and tilts my head sidewards while cutting my hair. after haircuts, they also wash the client's hair so you get to lay back at one of those reclined seats with the sink on your head. sitting on one of those while being blindfolded by a towel ontop of my eyes makes me feel vulnerable, my bulge feel exposed, while a guy is gently cleaning my hair. theyre friendly too haha

deano-uk

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Before I came out, I used to visit a barbers, where this youngish about 5 or 6 years my senior. I was early 20s, he was a good looking Italian guy, I used to take sneak looks at his bulge in his jeans.
A few type I felt his bulge rest on my arm, which was turning me on , I used to go quite regularly so he got to recognised me, always very pleasant, good chat. One time, not quite sure how this position came about his bulge and this was a straining hard bulge was right by my face, without realising I licked my lips, I could feel the heat radiating off his hard cock. I was rock hard just wishing I had the nerve to do something. It must have been near to the end of my cut, because I was rock hard when I had to get up, with not chance to adjust, I saw his eyes take a look and saw his bulge throb... oh how I wish I had to guys to do something instead I said thanks mario a great job as always and gave him the money and said see you next time and left, I did take another look back at him at that hot straining bulge.

shortslad_uk

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I always feel slightly uncomfortable in a way that i don't want to get turned on.

I go to a stylish modern mens barbers where the 'stylists' are all young very fit looking guys in their 20's to early 30's. They dress extremely well and often wear shorts.

The whole nature of barbers getting so close to you and rubbing your hair and being up close to your face can get a bit much for me if the stylist is too cute.

I had one experience in the summer a couple of years ago where the stylist was far too cute. Blonde, slim but gym toned and was wearing a white t-shirt with skinny black jeans shorts and white crew socks with Vans. The whole experience of him and the closeness was a bit to much for me whilst he stood behind me and ruffled my hair to get the look he was creating. I tried so hard not to but i felt myself get hard.

When he finished i tried to rearrange my hard on but my loose jogger/sweat shorts could not really hide it. So i had to act casual and pay at the desk with a pretty visible hard dick outline showing. He said nothing but i knew he could see.

cedarizzo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I grew up in a small town and there was 1 barber in the town. Every 3 or 4 weeks I would get a haircut from him. I also knew family pretty good. For about 7 years, I was really good friends with his son who was 1 year younger than me.

My first year in college, I started to realize that I was attracted to men more than women. That summer, I moved back home and the next time I went to him for a haircut, I realized that he had a hot body. He was always stocky, but I noticed his nice muscular build. He was also super hairy which was/is a huge turn on for me. While he was cutting my hair, he kept brushing up against me. This got my hormones going and since I wasn't wearing any underwear, the old shorts I was wearing did nothing to hide my erection. Even with that cloth draped over me, my erection was very obvious. I put my arms under the cloth to try and hide my erection, but I noticed that the bulge in his pants had gotten bigger. So I started getting brave. I stopped trying to hide my erection and I put my arms back up on the armrests. I noticed that his bulge kept hitting my arms and I thought he was doing it on purpose. I didn't pull my arms away and he started holding his bulge against my arms a little bit longer. I could feel that he was getting hard. I moved my arms so my hand was hanging out a little more and he pushed his bulge into my open hand. I was a bit nervous but I was very turned on. I squeezed down and felt his erect dick. It felt amazing. I stroked him a few times when I heard the front door open. As an older guy walked into the shop, the barber quickly pulled away and I moved my arms back under the cloth to hide my erection. He finished my haircut and luckily my erection had gone down. The next few times I went there was always somebody else in there. We never did get to repeat what happened. The next summer, his shop was only open on weekends and was always super busy. It later closed down. I found out later, that he had taken on a full-time job and that is why his shop was only open on weekends. His wife and him got divorced a few years later and he moved away.

gobigold

Cherished Member
Media
My entire life I’ve pretty much had the “rub their basket against my arm” experience. I never thought any of them were hard and nothing happened. I always sort of thought it was a barber thing.

One time one of a barber’s wife came in with two little kids. Just a wee bit creepy.

Reactions: Kliss and cadmanken

tito21

Superior Member
Media
I grew up in a small town and there was 1 barber in the town. Every 3 or 4 weeks I would get a haircut from him. I also knew family pretty good. For about 7 years, I was really good friends with his son who was 1 year younger than me.

My first year in college, I started to realize that I was attracted to men more than women. That summer, I moved back home and the next time I went to him for a haircut, I realized that he had a hot body. He was always stocky, but I noticed his nice muscular build. He was also super hairy which was/is a huge turn on for me. While he was cutting my hair, he kept brushing up against me. This got my hormones going and since I wasn't wearing any underwear, the old shorts I was wearing did nothing to hide my erection. Even with that cloth draped over me, my erection was very obvious. I put my arms under the cloth to try and hide my erection, but I noticed that the bulge in his pants had gotten bigger. So I started getting brave. I stopped trying to hide my erection and I put my arms back up on the armrests. I noticed that his bulge kept hitting my arms and I thought he was doing it on purpose. I didn't pull my arms away and he started holding his bulge against my arms a little bit longer. I could feel that he was getting hard. I moved my arms so my hand was hanging out a little more and he pushed his bulge into my open hand. I was a bit nervous but I was very turned on. I squeezed down and felt his erect dick. It felt amazing. I stroked him a few times when I heard the front door open. As an older guy walked into the shop, the barber quickly pulled away and I moved my arms back under the cloth to hide my erection. He finished my haircut and luckily my erection had gone down. The next few times I went there was always somebody else in there. We never did get to repeat what happened. The next summer, his shop was only open on weekends and was always super busy. It later closed down. I found out later, that he had taken on a full-time job and that is why his shop was only open on weekends. His wife and him got divorced a few years later and he moved away.

I bet his wife caught him banging a young guy living down the street from them.

cedarizzo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I bet his wife caught him banging a young guy living down the street from them.
I guessed that she might have caught him, but considering it is such a small town, I'm pretty sure everybody would have heard about it. I never thought they were very close as a married couple. I figured he was ready to explore his other side.

RobertHunter30

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I started going to a barber quite near my house. The first time I went he had another barber in there. As the the barber cut my hair the conversation went into gay type subjects. The barber began kind of rubbing himself on me and of course I got quite hard. The other barber was also getting in on the conversation. By the time he was done cutting my hair, I had leaked a spot in my pants. I could not decide whether to go back or not. I did go back and both barbers were there again. Things went pretty much as it did before though his rubbing became more aggressive and this time, when he rubbed my arm, I moved my arm. The other barber began standing nearby as well. By the time my hair was cut, I was really kind of beyond horny. I actually was the last appointment for the day (which was clearly planned by the barber) and so the one barber locked the door while the other lead me to the back room. It didn't take long for all of us to have our clothes off. It was pretty much a frottage and want party. This only happened one other time and it was after the barber that cut my hair left and opened his own shop. That time we basically mutually j/o. After that it never happened again and eventually I stopped going to him because his hours were not convenient for my work schedule.

J327

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sometimes I do feel weird when I'm sitting waiting, and everyone's talking about sports n girls etc, awkward. Plus the mindless banter with the barber, I prefer silence lmao

I had a few barber's who would put the wood on my arm or shoulder when I was younger n I was like "do they know their dick is on me??" I would literally be paralyzed lol. but older me realizes that's kinda their way of flirting or giving the green light in a room full of straight men. One time my straight best friend was cutting my hair and he was legit putting his dick all over me. Another time the barber put it right against my hand while lining up my goatee. It was so hot I had to go rub one out in the restroom right after. I'm sure he knew exactly what I was doing in there...

tippindascalez

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For me it depends. I'm black so the only barbershops I go to are either black American ones or sometimes Dominican ones if I'm in a Hispanic neighborhood. Both tend to lean homophobic with slurs said sometimes. I've never let someone white cut my hair so I have nothing to compare my experience to in terms of other barbershops. I actually think the homophobia comes from most black barbershops being somewhere in a low-income urban area; like I've never been to or have seen a high-end black barbershop. With that said, my current barber is fine. I've never been super talkative at the barbershop because I just want to get my hair cut and leave.
I think a lot of guys in the barbershop are closeted. All you have to do is sit back and listen/watch. They will give themselves away. At my barbershop, a lot of the customers that come in have done time, so I'm sure a bunch of them have dabbled in ass while incarcerated. One guy that comes into my shop, I saw his profile on a gay website a long time ago. I was shocked, because I didn't think he messed with guys, but I never approached him. It was possible that someone used his pics, but I believe it was him. My barbershop has a LOT of mirrors, and you can see different angles. I like to watch the guys checking out the other guys on the low.

I will say this much also, what dude comes into an all-male environment with the tightest fucking clothes possible? I notice that with the Dominican barbershops in my neighborhood, and among the younger guys that come into my barbershop. I have the type of barber (Jamaican) who calls them on that. He'd say..."why you wearing that tight ass shirt/pants/shorts and ain't no girls up in here?! Who you trying to impress?" LOL

Dutchstud

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just go to a Turkish barber where magic happens for 10 Euro. They pluck between your eyebrows with a thin thread, they do hot wax in nose and ears and are masters in using the tondeuse. You leave in no time with a fancy look. Because it costs nothing, customers come back in two-three weeks. Much better than those overrated barbershops with tatooed haidressers acting as gods.

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My barbershop is family owned for three generations. They are friendly but respect the fact that I’m not one to talk too much and I love that wait times aren’t long. I’ve never waited more than five minutes. Like all places that offer services, you need to find the one that best fits and once you find it, just keep going back. It’s took me four years to find a decent nail place that do eyebrow threading,