Barney Frank and ACORN's Stimulus Money

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, May 10, 2009.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

For those who thought Obama and the Dems weren't trying to shovel Big Tax Payer Stimulus and Budget dollars to ACORN...think again.

Bachmann sneaks one past Barney

Barney Frank, Democrats Rescue ACORN

Barney Frank prevails in mortgage amendment showdown with Michele Bachmann

Rep. Bachmann offered an amendment that prevented groups like Acorn from Stimulus funds if under indictment and Barney Frank allowed the amendment to pass. However, someone from the Acorn office must have called him and said "Wait, you just messed up our money Barney!" because Frank said he made a mistake and pressured (I mean offerred) a corrective amendment that would not prohibit organizations under indictment from getting Stimulus Funds. :rolleyes:

Protect Acorn's money Barney.

(Please read the articles)

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    OOOOOH!....the right wing Acorn Boogeyman! BTW.........Michele Bachmann is NUTS(and now she has an opponent in her re-election primary.....woops)

3. pym

pym New Member

I thought about reading the links.......for about 3 seconds......then, i decided to pick my ass instead. {:rolleyes: <----- The Trinity sign-off for everything}

4. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

so the ACORN indictments in something like 16 states doesn't make people question ACORN and its employees ethics? just ask the Nevada attorney general.

personally, I fear just about anything Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi do.

5. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Doesn't matter, the uber-libs around here are dismissive of anything that encroaches in their domain, indictments be damned. ACORN is bad, bad news for the country, as are Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi. As I've said before, the very thought of Pelosi being 3rd in line to the presidency scares the living shit out of me. :scared2:

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Lemme guess... you came to the realization that screaming bloody murder about Perez Hiltion didn't amount to shit, so now you're back on Barney Frank?

What's your obsession with demonizing gay men these days, Trinitroll? Someone gave you bad advice on a pair of heels? Someone took your man away to Fire Island and he's never coming back to you? :rolleyes:

7. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I wish I had written this.....too funny!

despite acorn fraud i will run for president:

obama and acorn and terrorists and the homosexuals
    barrack husein obama was trained by acorn and he in turn funneled millions of terrorist dollars back to them to fix the vote. they're just paying him back because his father trained him in the practices of muslim, which influence his radical black nationalist sympathies, as espoused by reverand pfleiger and jeremiah wright. don't believe obamas book because bill ayers wrote obamas book. the hollywood homosexuals raised the rest of his money and now hes paying them back by supporting gay marriage and quotas that require gay adoption and forced adoption of illegal immigrants (similar to busing programs in the 1950s to end misegination)

Daily Kos: despite acorn fraud i will run for president

8. pym

pym New Member

Damn! That Obama feller sounds nasty!

9. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Hahaha. LMFAO

Its impossible not to become doubled over with laughter at the mere thought of ACORN.

Its such a sham and a joke; yet it exists and thrives simply because you can't say anything derogatory about an organization that works with African Americans or you get crucified by the left and the liberal media annihilates you and ends your career.

ACORN is an absolute joke and a conspiracy by the Dem party to shuttle low-income African Americans into voting precincts like Will Rogers bringing in a herd of cattle.

It would be one thing if ACORN worked to educate, but they don't. Its a mad scramble to stuff the ballot box with Dem votes; by masquerading as a charitable organization. My ass. Just hand them a sheet indicating who to vote for and shuffle them along. In many cases, they can buy votes with a pack of cigarettes.

Elmer Fudd did make a mistake. They need to continue to shovel money into that fraud machine regardless of how many indictments or acts of fraud are committed. Its millions of votes; and mysteriously 100% democrat in every election. Who'd a thunk it?:rolleyes:

At the next election, I'm going to take a survey of ACORN registered voters in downtown Cincinnati at the exit poll and see if ONE GODDAMN acorn-registree even knows one single fucking issue.

I guarantee the answer is no.

ACORN should be ashamed of themselves. All those millions of dollars and they can't even educate anybody, because they're not interested in educating; they are interested in votes. Period.

10. sparky11point5

sparky11point5 New Member

And, yet, there is no single documented case of *voter fraud* the resulted from a fraudulent ACORN registration. If anyone knows of any post here.

Overall, I think ACORN has been pretty sloppy. The core problem is that they are trying to solve a pretty tough problem -- low voter participation -- that is particularly acute. If both parties cared about voting, we do the following.

-- No excuse absentee ballots
    -- Early voting over multiple days
    -- Motor voter or polling place registration
    -- Stop disenfranchisement of released felons (we *want* them to be part of their community, not pariahs, and besides they did the time).
    -- Stop illegal vote suppression, such as the letter sent out to registered Democrats by the local Republicans in VA stating that "due to expected high turnout, Democrats should vote on Wednesday".
    -- Same number of voting booths per registered voter in every precinct (right now the poor literally cannot vote because of poor equipment in many areas of the country).

All of these can have reasonable requirements for voter identification that don't create unfair burdens for poor, transient, students, and other groups that struggle with some modern-day poll taxes.

Star, et al your 'outrage' against ACORN would be more credible, if the rethuglicans did not have a long history of not wanting people to vote. ACORN got caught with fraudulent registrations. How many actual votes did the Republican-supporting Diebold machines throw away?

Just sayin'

11. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Are you actually making the argument that the absence of fraud convictions makes ACORN just like any other organization worthy of Tax Payer monies?

If that be the case, a group of guys on here should never bring up so called "crimes" of George W. Bush or Cheney. Conviction or it didn't happen. lol

(Acorn is actually being investigating and indicted...:rant:Bush and Cheney...not so much)

Umm...Perhaps ACORN is not the organization to solve the problem if they can't do it legally.

Obama kind of changed that didn't he? African Americans, minorities, a vast array of economic demographics were inspired to vote in this election despite long lines, weather, whatever. They voted early and then went to pick up their neighbors. It's kind of up to the candidates and the parties to GOTV (get out the vote). Using shady organizations that are clearly partisan to solve this type of problem of low participation in under-represented communities is unseemly.

12. sparky11point5

sparky11point5 New Member

Wrong, as usual, Trinity. I was pointing out the difference between fraudulent registrations (which there is evidence) and voter fraud (which there has been none to date). The right just slams these two concepts together, and it really is a different issue. I only referred to 'documented cases'; you introduced 'convictions'.

I don't have any particular need to defend ACORN. If they broke the law, let them be convicted. But, I think the same should apply to the actual cases of vote suppression. too.

BTW, there was actually very modest increase in voting this election cycle. I know there is a Republican talking point that this 'cost McCain the election' (as if it belonged to him in the first place). But, the increase in voting was remarkably small given the historic nature of the election, and the pent-up concerns natural after eight years of any party.

Again, don't you want people to vote?

13. Trinity

Trinity New Member

So sorry. Wrong as usual is not a claim you can attribute to me. ACORN has been indicted, so convictions of voter fraud resulting from fradulent registrations are certainly possible.

Documented cases of voter fraud would be convictions on indictments or would you just accept documented charges?

Seven ACORN volunteers charged with voter fraud
    ACORN Charged with Vote Fraud

I'm wondering why you are asking if I want people to vote? It's curious to me because it implies that ACORN, with its partisan criminal tactics, is the only organization that can help increase participation. Simply put...of course I want everybody to vote. Do I want ACORN and its fraudulent registrations out there? No.

The community that ACORN serves received a massive organized Get Out The Vote effort by ACORN. African Americans voted in record numbers for Obama. (Not just talking about a massive increase overall and not just talking about wanting to vote for the candidate...but getting the people to the polls) That is why the fact that ACORN claims to be non-partisan but by all appearances is solidly favoring Democrats is so important. ACORN was instrumental in the past election (using fraudulent means as well) to get votes for the Democratic Party - and it worked.

#13 Trinity, May 10, 2009
    Last edited: May 10, 2009
  14. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Someone doesn't know that to indict and to charge are synonymous. Shhhhh. Let's see how long this one lasts.

#14 B_VinylBoy, May 10, 2009
    Last edited: May 10, 2009
  15. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

few images of the left's moral bankruptcy are more compelling than those of ACORN, Pelosi, and Frank

can't wait 'till they and their influence are long gone

16. pym

pym New Member

What about creepy thoughts regarding the molestation of helpless Drunken United States Navy personell? How does that square with your sense of moral bankruptcy? Most people have a much higher regard for our servicemen and women than that NICKY BOY. Love ya gallery man.
    PYM the Navy vet

17. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

dear fellow, the gallery can always be changed or deleted, the left's moral bankruptcy remains

one has nothing to do with the other

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And to think... nobody even has to even mention or mutter a word about the moral bankruptcy of the right to illustrate how Nick4444's wallow of moral superiority is a load of crap. Wow! :rolleyes: :biggrin:

19. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    The obvious never needs clarification, VB. That's why it's obvious.

20. pym

pym New Member

YouTube - Beck - Loser

Draft saved Draft deleted