Barry Bonds The Greatest

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is doing what your body does normally though. Breathing is a normal thing and it is not going to enhance your batting ability, it will just allow you to continue playing. The body doesn't normally increase strength the way that steroids do. Also, if someone has lost their breathe bad enough to need an oxygen tank I don't think they should keep playing anyway.

So most athletes in the NFL shouldn't be in the NFL?

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because marijuana doesn't enhance muscles and strength. And to be honest some people I know smoke before they work out because they feel it loosens them up and possible does in fact give them more strength. But as you stated before it enhances the mind. (for some people at least)

Having talent and strength etc only gets you so far, its those other intangibles that make you a champion. Joe Montana didn't have the strongest arm, or wasn't the fastest quarterback, but he was ice cold under pressure. His mind was above and beyond everyone else. Under situations of extreme stress he was able to operate flawlessly. Thats the mind. If someone said Montana was smoking bud during half times of Super Bowls you would have to consider it a performance enhancer.

Hell, alcohol and lord knows what else was a performance enhancer for Babe Ruth.

And by the way faceking I COMPLETELY agree with you. Great post before by the way, its needed in the Fuck Bonds thread...

Marijuana will have no effect on the rate your muscles grow, I'm about 99.9% sure of that. Marijuana isn't physically altering you it just changes the state of mind, that's it. Changing the state of mind can allow you to see your true potential. Kind of like meditating or listening to music or praying. People have the potential to do the same things they do without the marijuana but they just don't realize it.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So most athletes in the NFL shouldn't be in the NFL?

I'm talking about if someone needs it. They would be able to play without using oxygen tanks too. They could play without drinking water or gatorade but it doesn't mean it won't make them feel more comfortable. When kids in high school play football you don't see any oxygen tanks out on the sidelines. They don't need it to keep playing and it doesn't enhance their abilities.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Marijuana will have no effect on the rate your muscles grow, I'm about 99.9% sure of that. Marijuana isn't physically altering you it just changes the state of mind, that's it. Changing the state of mind can allow you to see your true potential. Kind of like meditating or listening to music or praying. People have the potential to do the same things they do without the marijuana but they just don't realize it.

Ok thats still a performance enhancer. Steroids just help an athlete max out on his genetic potential. You can get there just the same without unless your talking about those who get to less than 5% body fat but thats only with professional bodybuilders not Barry Bonds and other professional athletes.

If Marijuana gives me more energy for a workout, or loosens me up so I can lift more weights, than it does indeed effect the rate at which my muscles will develop. In this case it would help me get more reps in or reps with slightly more weight which would in turn lead to more muscle. This is why it is a performance enhancer.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok thats still a performance enhancer. Steroids just help an athlete max out on his genetic potential. You can get there just the same without unless your talking about those who get to less than 5% body fat but thats only with professional bodybuilders not Barry Bonds and other professional athletes.

If Marijuana gives me more energy for a workout, or loosens me up so I can lift more weights, than it does indeed effect the rate at which my muscles will develop. In this case it would help me get more reps in or reps with slightly more weight which would in turn lead to more muscle. This is why it is a performance enhancer.

If anything marijuana makes you feel lazier not more energetic. It might loosen you up but once again so could meditating or listening to music. Listening to music can also get you more pumped up but it doesn't mean it is a perfomance enhancer because it is only your potential you are using and not something a real perfomance enhancer is doing. Even if you do consider it to be a performance enhancer it is not going to enhance your performance nearly as much as steroids will. If you keep taking steroids and lifting weights you will get so big to a point that you couldn't have gotten that big without them. Steroids give you potential you didn't have to begin with, marijuana can help you use potential that you had but just couldn't tap into, but many other things can do that as well.

jeepman87

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow, I don't post much on here, but I have to say this is getting rediculous. Comparing marijuana to steriods as a performance enhancing drug or having any effect on an athletes ability to play a sport (other than relaxing him) may possibly be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. It reminds me of a Robin Williams act or routine (whatever comedians call it) and he actually discusses pot being a performance enhancing drug in one of his DVDs, I think it is live on Broadway or Something. It is pretty funny. Also, I have to say Barry Bonds does hold the homerun record, but Sports Illustrated put it best when it said Hank Aaron is the People's Home Run King. And he always will be...at least until a legitimate player breaks that record.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well let me just state that I don't believe marijuana is a performance enhancer, however it is seen as such according to NCAAs testing etc. Im just explaining why. Steroids obviously give you more than smoking a blunt will, I was just using this as an example to further my point regarding marjiuana (or other psychoactive substances) as a performance enhancer for musicians or artisits or thinkers in the same way steroids is for the athlete.

MonsterUncut

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
those dudes in your avatar have done steroids too. All the haters should step off, he owns the record and no Hank Aaron's will never be the one people strive for, thats history now. Barry is #1 like it or not.

With all due respect Skull, I just think it's sad. I did not say I "hated" Bonds, that's harsh. What I think is sad like I said, is how he portrays himself, for the little kids that don't know any better that look up to him as a role model.I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, including myself, on how we feel about it. Like it or not, he DID physically hit those home runs, so therefore he does hold the record. This topic will be discussed long after we are all gone.

Take Care all,
Peace