Barry's Harvard Scholarship Fund

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just can't understand Obama's financial ascent. Where has he earned the income (before his book deals )to finance his education, his home, his political career?

You're wondering about the guy who financed one home, instead of the guy who financed seven?

Look, this isn't hard:

• Education was financed by student loans, which he recently paid off out of his book royalties. (source: USA Today)
  • House: I feel like I'm walking into a trap here, because as soon as someone brings up Obama's house, someone will yell "Rezko!", but the Obama family lived in a three-bedroom condo for thirteen years, and then bought a free-standing home in 2005 for $1.65 million (source: WSJ), which is more than I can afford for a home, but not outrageous for a Senator and a lawyer.

The Rezko flap involves the fact that Obama paid substantially less than the asking price for the home, leading some people to suggest that the discount was an unauthorized gift. The Wall Street Journal notes, though, that "Real-estate records indicate the house purchase price was roughly consistent with sales of similar-sized homes in the area around that time."
  • Political career: Um, political candidates raise funds from donors to wage campaigns and they report these funds to the state or federal election committees. Perhaps you've heard of Obama's skill as a political fund-raiser? (Obama's fund-raising information; for comparison fund-raising information for six presidential candidates)

Last edited:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
... The Obama family lived in a three-bedroom condo for thirteen years, and then bought a free-standing home in 2005 for $1.65 million (source: WSJ), which is more than I can afford for a home, but not outrageous for a Senator and a lawyer.

I agree, I am from Chicago and can tell you that a $1.65 million dollar house isn't extravagant by any means. The cost of living there is VERY high and the property values simply reflect that.

The Rezko flap involves the fact that Obama paid substantially less than the asking price for the home, leading some people to suggest that the discount was an unauthorized gift. The Wall Street Journal notes, though, that "Real-estate records indicate the house purchase price was roughly consistent with sales of similar-sized homes in the area around that time."

I have seen pictures of the home and know the area that it is in... it is atypical of the homes in the area... it is actually a quite modest residence.

I have attached a pic of the house taken from the Synagogue across the street... that's right, supposedly pro-Arab Obama lives across the street from a Jewish place of worship.

Attachments

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
So as usual, Starinvestor posts shit from a terrible source, gets called on it, and backs off, then goes on to try and make other baseless accusations.

"I don't know, I just don't trust this guy, looks a little shady"

Then he tries to defend McCain's membership in the Keating 5.....