Basta!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Osiris, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Osiris

Gold Member

Enough of all the haterism and fighting. Can we get back to just serious talk and genuine fun?

Or am I asking too much?

2. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I think you're asking too much Osiris :( In an ideal world we'd all be grown up and rise above it when the few people who are on here causing trouble show up, but we're only human, if someone is unpleasant to us we're unpleasant back. I often offer the olive branch, when you do that and your hand is bitten why should you hold it out again.

3. dong20

Gold Member

I prefer this combination.:smile:

4. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Right as rain you are my friend. All we can do is weather the storm. The sun will shine again.:smile:

5. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Oh come on! We are having fun!
    I know you dislike at least a couple, of the folks wer'e talking about my dear. We did try to be nice at first,but how much abuse, must we have to put up with?
    cigarbabe:saevil:

6. SteveHd

Gold Member

Osiris, it's not too much to ask for but I'm certain the request will go unfulfilled.

7. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Osiris, brother, tact was attempted and unsuccessful. Likewise with ignoring.

I dislike the bickering as much as the next person, but sometimes, a troll demands to be chased off.

This has been one of my "fun places" for several years now. I don't appreciate anyone coming in and shitting in my living room.

8. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Sure, guys, there are people whom I dislike but it is not in my nature to point and call names.

9. lafever

Gold Member

Albums:
    You are a very noble man osiris as is Pecker and many others here who choose to just stay out of it completly, i have no doubt that you both will pick up baby chicks that have fallen out of the nest and give them a chance to survive from lurking cats, and for that i applaud you both as i do others here.
    Honestly i think your pissing in the wind, a pipedream as one might say.
    The key is surrender of oneself.
    Some will continue untill it's a bloody mess, and feast untill they can no longer fill the empty void that lies within and lurk elswhere.
    Unfortunatly everyone suffers in the process, some just cant let anything go, they hold on to it until it consumes them and overtakes them to the point where they can no longer control themselves, insanity-doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.
    If i'm not the problem there is no solution, they have to come to an understanding of there own and make the admission.
    I am trying to the best of my ability to honestly let it go.
    Let go and trust god my friend and god bless on the journey they call life, excepting that not everyone makes it to freedom of oneself is a fact i'm willing to accept, to each their own.
    chris

10. Northland

Gold Member

Not asking too much, and for what it may be worth, I'll do my level best to behave from hereon in.

11. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

Is this why you have been holding out on this board? Trying to be all Ghandi-ish and above the fray are we?

12. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

One gets very sick to death of being called a bitch and a whore on threads and the attempt to publicly out Pitbull and call him a staker without putting forward any proof was the last straw.
    As far as I can see there was no MOD interference during these instances.
    Small wonder the board has turned ugly.
    I have been (until very recent times) been the very model of sweetness and light but enough is enough.

13. Axcess

Gold Member

I like those fighting threads !!! Very fun.

14. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

What df said. When there are so many sick of this troll is it any surprise she's getting what she had coming.

15. Axcess

Gold Member

Like I said before , woman can be more brutal and aggresive than man in their fights.

16. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Bitch!

Want a sandwich?

:biggrin1:

17. camper joe

Gold Member

Can't we all just get along.................... bitch? :tongue:

18. Osiris

Gold Member

Guess I was a bit vague. Thanks to the crew, I can kind of put it in perspective.

And as always my friend, you are right. This will never come to pass and I too have felt like that, but my eternal curse is I can't stay mad and I can't truly hate anyone. Don't ask me when I lost this ability to hate or be angry all the time, but it was sometime around 5 years ago that it happened. I think I know why, but now is not the time or place to get into why.

I love you cigarbabe. I know you are and in terms of disliking people, I gave this a lot of thought after our last phone conversation and I think it's more I dislike tactics rather than people. I mean how can you really hate or dislike someone you don't really know? And honestly, you and I were very suspicious of each other and now we are two of the closest people. Life is weird like that.

I also won't fault you your fun or strong hearted opinion. You would not be you without it.

And you brother are one of the voices that makes it a fun place. I too hate people shitting in my living room as I have cream colored carpet. You should see me flying around the room after the baby if she pulls her diaper off. :smile:

And no one would ever really think this about you Pecker because I have never seen you post a mean word about anyone since I have been a member. I think that is why I respect you a lot.

No. I am also not "Ghandi-ish". I have my rants as NJ, cigarbabe, Snoozan, etc. can tell you. They are usually short lived and I just get over them. I idolize two men always, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcolm X, Dr. King never strayed from his path of peaceful resistance. Malcolm on the other hand was an angry soul at many points of his life, but he finally found a way to channel that anger to do good for his fellow man. Both of these men were killed because their ability to rise above that which held them back scared the very people trying to hold them back.

I am also not above the fray as I have been a part of the battles at times. The main reason I made this post is that I, and several long time members, are seeing a really nasty vibe coming out in the forum as of late. Several members that are usually pretty jovial and contribute regularly are fading away. I think it's a shame and that is my only motivation behind this.

Two minutes in the penalty box for calling my lovely DF a bitch. :biggrin1:

Four minutes for you and I'll take a turkey club thank you. :biggrin1:

19. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I don't like to see the hostility either Osiris, but I view silence as acceptance.

20. Osiris

Gold Member

And though it may sound weird, that is why I am glad you are around. I know that if I start to act on my hositility, it gets the better of me and things get said that hindsight I regret. Not to mention I truly have a very, VERY ugly streak once I've been made truly angry. That is why I try not to voice it.

My silence is not acceptance, it'sme not letting that which I cannot control take over and hurting someone who doesn't deserve it.

You, SpoiledPrincess, have a mastery of tact through anger. You can make your inner anger even sound very thoughtful and considerate in voice. I know I cannot. Just ask Cigarbabe about me on the phone. :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted