Basta!

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have an extremely ugly streak when I'm angry Osiris, but I never get really angry on the net, as you pointed out and as I've said myself more than once the people on here are mostly strangers. The most I've been is slightly exasperated. As you know I'm against banning even for trolls because I believe everyone should be free to use the net in the way they want to. Some people can see a troll and make the decision not to feed it in the hopes it will go away, I've used chat rooms and similar sites to this for a number of years and trolls don't go away, they escalate their behaviour. Like any kind of bully they have to be dealt with and like any bully if you don't deal with them they feel they're getting off scott free and get nastier and nastier.

I know you get angry (I've got the pm's) and I do admire the way you can stay calm when people are behaving badly, but that's just not my way. Vive le difference :)

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have an extremely ugly streak when I'm angry Osiris, but I never get really angry on the net, as you pointed out and as I've said myself more than once the people on here are mostly strangers. The most I've been is slightly exasperated. As you know I'm against banning even for trolls because I believe everyone should be free to use the net in the way they want to. Some people can see a troll and make the decision not to feed it in the hopes it will go away, I've used chat rooms and similar sites to this for a number of years and trolls don't go away, they escalate their behaviour. Like any kind of bully they have to be dealt with and like any bully if you don't deal with them they feel they're getting off scott free and get nastier and nastier.

I know you get angry (I've got the pm's) and I do admire the way you can stay calm when people are behaving badly, but that's just not my way. Vive le difference :)

I'm not always that calm. I think it's the reason the wife bought a steel computer desk this time around.

As for the angry PMs, you'll thank me after I'm dead and gone. When the media praises me for a man of peace, you can sell them to the media for a fortune. That will keep you in shoes for quite some time. :rofl:

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
all the recent fighting has been getting on my nerves. i especially hate it when decent threads are destroyed by infighting. i know i have had some arguments with some member but i always try to bring it to a resolution, because i'd hate being hypocritical by causing a fight...

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Some members can't be reasoned with will.

yeah, i see that with people like Arliss, SugarandSpice who do anything to be noticed to the general annoyance of everyone, but i've been successful with alot of people, and whatever argument we had turned into a joke and a friendly relationship. :p

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was a moderator on a couple of irc rooms for some years, the chat rooms would both have approximately 200 in one and 50 in the other, as a moderator over that time I banned only one person, I do prefer to convert trolls into nice chatters, given a chance some settle in and forget to be hostile as they start to feel a part of whatever forum they're on, but with some people it's a lost cause.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was a moderator on a couple of irc rooms for some years, the chat rooms would both have approximately 200 in one and 50 in the other, as a moderator over that time I banned only one person, I do prefer to convert trolls into nice chatters, given a chance some settle in and forget to be hostile as they start to feel a part of whatever forum they're on, but with some people it's a lost cause.
I have never seen a troll on this site morph into a nice chatter.:confused: What ever magic potion you used to do this on other sites should be bottled and sold.

all the recent fighting has been getting on my nerves. i especially hate it when decent threads are destroyed by infighting. i know i have had some arguments with some member but i always try to bring it to a resolution, because i'd hate being hypocritical by causing a fight...
Same here. What I find particularly annoying are the people who choose to stir the pot for no reason other than to cause a fight. :wtf2: I like hearing different opinions on many topics and reading the subsequent dialogues. But when people take the opposing side just because they can I just want to bitch slap them. Intentionally voicing a position opposite others when you don't believe your statement makes no sense. :rolleyes::confused: It's divisive and usually the point at which a thread takes a derogatory and vicious turn.

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
I'm having fun.

I came along as just another cow. My huge splodge meant that i stood out and had nowhere to hide. It meant i was treated differently.

now i am proud of my lovely splodge and when i eat grass i can show it off no worries.

(and just between you and me, the farmer was stroking my splodge yesterday - i think he has a thing for me...) :smile:

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Filthing them up a bit in private always worked particularly well nj :)

You have never offered to filth me up in private. Should I be insulted or flattered? :wink:

I'm having fun.

I came along as just another cow. My huge splodge meant that i stood out and had nowhere to hide. It meant i was treated differently.

now i am proud of my lovely splodge and when i eat grass i can show it off no worries.

(and just between you and me, the farmer was stroking my splodge yesterday - i think he has a thing for me...) :smile:

Dumbcow steps to the plate...

Here comes the pitch...

STRAIGHT OUT OF LEFT FIELD AND OVER THE WALL!

Thanks for the diversion. :biggrin1: