Bathhouse

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Chrisandy-

What you experienced is called "dipping", if it was just the head and only very briefly. Though it's not an impossible mode of transmitting HIV, it's highly unlikely. However, dipping can expose you to all the usual bacterial STIs, as well as Herpes (if he had an active infection).

Technically a test at 13 weeks post exposure is considered definitive for HIV, though the vast majority will seroconvert in six weeks. Other STIs vary in incubation periods, so research them on reputable websites like WebMD.

As has been pointed out, there are other things like crab lice, scabies, Hep A, B, or C, HPV and MRSA which you might also have been exposed to (though Hep is also unlikely to have been transmitted, due the the brevity of the encounter). I'm not fear-mongering but I'm not minimizing anything either.

Good luck.

chrisandy18

Just Browsing
Media
"Whatever you do, no matter how cute, butch, good looking, studly or whatever adjective you care to use, NEVER, NEVER let someone penetrate you without protection now matter how "harmless" they make it seem. It takes only one penetration to give you HPV or genital warts, and only takes the slightest amount of semen to give you HIV. Why stress yourself out for the rest of your life over one seemingly "hot" guy."

I'm not sure the OP questions were ever really answered, and the above is partial, but what I'd like to know is this:

1- What am I risking with letting a guy perform oral on me?
2- What am I risking with performing oral on a guy?

The quote above says that HPV can be given thru penetration, but what about thru oral either giving or receiving? And what about herpes as well? Does there have to be sores on the guys penis to pass it on? What if he has a sore on/in his mouth?

Thanks. Sorry for hyjacking the thread.

Thank you! I'd like to know those as well. From what I've read in the past, the risk is very minimal on those 2. The receiver has a higher chance, especially when he has mouth sores. Feel free to comment anyone if you want to add/correct me.

chrisandy18

Just Browsing
Media
Chrisandy-

What you experienced is called "dipping", if it was just the head and only very briefly. Though it's not an impossible mode of transmitting HIV, it's highly unlikely. However, dipping can expose you to all the usual bacterial STIs, as well as Herpes (if he had an active infection).

Technically a test at 13 weeks post exposure is considered definitive for HIV, though the vast majority will seroconvert in six weeks. Other STIs vary in incubation periods, so research them on reputable websites like WebMD.

As has been pointed out, there are other things like crab lice, scabies, Hep A, B, or C, HPV and MRSA which you might also have been exposed to (though Hep is also unlikely to have been transmitted, due the the brevity of the encounter). I'm not fear-mongering but I'm not minimizing anything either.

Good luck.

Thanks, I didn't know there was a term "dipping". Anyway, I don't think I got exposed to any (due to minimal "action" done, honestly.. well I hope so). I'll take this experience as a learning for myself. I promise to be really cautious and learn to say no.

miamirt

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thank you! I'd like to know those as well. From what I've read in the past, the risk is very minimal on those 2. The receiver has a higher chance, especially when he has mouth sores. Feel free to comment anyone if you want to add/correct me.

I would think giving is riskier because even if they don't cum in your mouth, there is a good chance that you ingested pre-cum.

BigInBellevue

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The HIV risk from slight penetration would come from the so-called pre-cum, which is often not noticable at first. The HIV risk from sucking is minimal unless you had any mouth sores. But there are still risks from other diseases.

miamirt

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The HIV risk from slight penetration would come from the so-called pre-cum, which is often not noticable at first. The HIV risk from sucking is minimal unless you had any mouth sores. But there are still risks from other diseases.

and those other diseases, such as herpies or genital warts would have to be visible to catch thru oral am I right? If there is no outbreak/sores on the penis or you don't make contact with any warts (say they are on the base of the shaft)... Just trying not to be so paranoid. I won't do any oral because I don't want to catch anything, but that doesn't mean I don't want to do it! Finding a trustworthy partner I suppose works best but that doesn't always happen in some situations.

minimag

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There was a segment on the news about the sharp increase in the number of mouth and throat cancer cases. They said it was due to the increasing amounts of oral sex going on. Guess people don't know that you can get hpv from oral.

oacliffbuddy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
"Whatever you do, no matter how cute, butch, good looking, studly or whatever adjective you care to use, NEVER, NEVER let someone penetrate you without protection now matter how "harmless" they make it seem. It takes only one penetration to give you HPV or genital warts, and only takes the slightest amount of semen to give you HIV. Why stress yourself out for the rest of your life over one seemingly "hot" guy."

I'm not sure the OP questions were ever really answered, and the above is partial, but what I'd like to know is this:

1- What am I risking with letting a guy perform oral on me?
2- What am I risking with performing oral on a guy?

The quote above says that HPV can be given thru penetration, but what about thru oral either giving or receiving? And what about herpes as well? Does there have to be sores on the guys penis to pass it on? What if he has a sore on/in his mouth?

Thanks. Sorry for hyjacking the thread.

There has been a general belief that oral is safer than anal which may or may not be true. Any transmission of bodily fluid is suspect when it comes to HIV.

As far as your other questions, HPV/Genital warts are passed on through the sloughing of skin cells from an infected individual to another. So "dipping" even without the passage of fluids is highly risky for the transmission of the HPV virus. And no, there does not have to be any obvious signs of an outbreak of genital or anal warts for the skins cells and thus the virus to be passed on. Inserting a disease free penis into the anus of another that has been exposed to HPV wherein skin cells in the anal canal can slough off and adhere to the penis will likely pass on to the penis owner a case of genital warts. Even if you or the other do not have obvious signs, either of you can be a carrier and skin cells are easily transmitted.

The same applies in reverse. A disease free anus can be compromised by a carrier of HPV with simple skin to skin contact during penetration. The anal canal is pretty sensitive and subject to easy tearing no matter gentle or brief the penetration is. Wearing condoms, while highly recommended, is no guarantee against the inadvertent transfer of HPV because skin cells can be smeared around in the process of various sex acts. I've seen individuals with genital warts at the base of their penis where the condom, and thus it's protection, ended.

HPV is one of the most commonly transferred STDs with a vast majority of sexually active individuals already having been exposed (sometimes unbeknownst to the carrier). Some immune systems are better at overcoming the overt signs of the virus....but the virus is still present in those individuals (there is no known cure) and easily transmitted to an unsuspecting individual, male or female.

I highly recommend you conduct a Google search on HIV, HPV and STD's in general and educate yourself as to the potential pitfalls of having fun. Should you contract the HPV virus, it's not the end of the world, but you become responsible for your behavior as it relates to the potential of passing it on to others. HIV is still threat that should NOT be disregarded EVER.

If you educate yourself, take simple precautions, for yourself and your playmates, there is no reason why you can not have an outstanding sex life. Enjoy.....safely!! Always safely.

oacliffbuddy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
and those other diseases, such as herpies or genital warts would have to be visible to catch thru oral am I right? If there is no outbreak/sores on the penis or you don't make contact with any warts (say they are on the base of the shaft)... Just trying not to be so paranoid. I won't do any oral because I don't want to catch anything, but that doesn't mean I don't want to do it! Finding a trustworthy partner I suppose works best but that doesn't always happen in some situations.

Generally herpes is transmitted when there is a visible outbreak.

HPV is all about the transference of infected skin cells which can happen during any intimate contact. I say intimate because you can not pass it on via casual contact like a handshake, a hug, a kiss, etc. It's a sexually intimate transfer of skin cells that enables the virus to be passed on.

One could have contracted HPV without ever knowing it because their immune system has done a great job of fighting off the obvious signs. That makes them a 'carrier', one who passes it on to others without ever knowing they have it. They could go their entire life with the virus and never know it.

miamirt

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
With information like this, I am amazed at how many people will so freely give oral and allow a perfect stranger to cum in their mouth. I know nobody wants to wear a condom for this, so the alternative is know and trust that penis going into your mouth!