Bathhouses?

D_Ironside Lilydew

Just Browsing
Media
So have any of you guys ever been to a bathhouse? I was talking to one of my friends about it and she really wants me to go, mainly just because she wants to know what it's like and she can't get in, lol. But I was thinking about it and it kinda seems fun...but at the same time, it seems kinda "whoreish" and I dunno if it's really something I wanna get involved in.

Pros? Cons? Thoughts?

sfniceguy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, I've been. I been to both a non-sexual Japanese style bathhouse, as well as a gay men's "anything-goes" bathhouse. I found both to be enjoyable.

So have any of you guys ever been to a bathhouse? I was talking to one of my friends about it and she really wants me to go, mainly just because she wants to know what it's like and she can't get in, lol. But I was thinking about it and it kinda seems fun...but at the same time, it seems kinda "whoreish" and I dunno if it's really something I wanna get involved in.

Pros? Cons? Thoughts?

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Some of them are great -- almost like spas. Some are frequented by hot fun guys. Some attract bears or twinks or rough guys. Some of them are seedy and dirty. Sometimes I've had fun intense sexual experiences there. Sometimes I've left without getting off. Sometimes I've stayed 30 minutes, did my business and left without a word. Sometimes I've hung out for hours, exchanged numbers with guys after having sex with them and am still in touch with them.

I think the baths in Europe tend to be nicer and more social. Guys meet friends there and have a drink. In the US, they are all about sex.

There are actually some chains of bathhouses. You can find one at The Clubs » : Gay Bath, Gay Sauna, Gay Baths, Gay Bath House. The Club baths in Dallas and Ft Lauderdale are nice. Another chain is Midtown Spas - Midtowne Spa

If you want a review of them, you can check out CRUISING for SEX

Here are some LPSG threads on the subject:
http://www.lpsg.org/74610-ever-been-to-a-bathhouse.html
http://www.lpsg.org/80205-went-to-a-bathhouse.html
http://www.lpsg.org/50868-why-gay-men-go-baths.html

Reactions: Travelinguy

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
On the right night and with the right crowd, bathhouses are brilliant. I've enjoyed myself at such places over the years tremendously.

But on an off night, or if there's no one interesting in the place, it's kinda depressing or just a tad sordid.

Have fun. Just don't forget the condoms and lots of water-soluble lube.