Battlestar Geeks: Who Is the 12th Cylon?

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't look at all geek-like when one meets me, not even remotely. But it's true. I'm a huge nerd and I have a huge honking hard-on for Battlestar Galactica.

This admission will probably take away from my sexiness quotient, but I can't help who I am. :tongue: I'd like to think I'm still fuckable. It's not like I speak Klingon or anything. I just happen to have an all-consuming fascination with what I consider the best-written TV drama of at least the past 5 years. :smile:

But enough about me. I have a theory about how the series could end. I don't have any behind-the-scenes knowledge, I've just got a vague connection to one of the creators. So any thoughts I express in-thread are my own and spoiler-free. Curious as to anyone's thoughts on who the 12th cylon is. I honestly can't believe it's Starbuck, but then maybe she appears to be the most obvious choice for a reason...

Anyway, my guess is its the doctor.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm still forming my opinions about this. I thought it might be Starbuck. But now I'm starting to think it's Mme. President, actually. She's getting the dreams. There's something more about her that hasn't been revealed, I think.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Wiseass. :biggrin1:

I'm still forming my opinions about this. I thought it might be Starbuck. But now I'm starting to think it's Mme. President, actually. She's getting the dreams. There's something more about her that hasn't been revealed, I think.

God that would be a mind-fuck. But then again almost any of them would be a mind-fuck. You're right though, Mme President has something going on...

As do I, so I'm deliberately NOT reading any of this thread beyond what I quoted above.

Thread is just speculation. If somebody who works on the show was a member of LPSG I would have sniffed 'em by now. :tongue:

Funny, I was thinking you might be the 12th cylon, Hazel. :wink:

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In my opinion, its not gonna be Starbuck. I think your looking at a big character for the final cylon - my vote goes for either President Rosalin or one of the two Adamas.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ever since I started working overnights, I haven't been able to catch up on my BSG. :( Reading this makes me so badly need a fix! :( The last episode I saw, the Cylons were running some containment camp, training some humans... and someone suicide-bombed the Cylon training center. It was so long ago that that's the best I can do at describing. ;~; I miss it so.:(

And yes, I'm a huge nerd. :(

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Huge fan here. I like the Mme President theory. But perhaps that is too obvious.

Syddykddy, that is what DVR's are for.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's one of the Adamas. One of the Leobens said so.

Baltar would be too simple. The president is sharing visions with the Cylons, but my guess is she's been affected by the blood transfusion from Hera. I would have said Admiral Adama was too old, but then Colonel Tigh turns out to be a skin job, so who knows? Starbuck? Nah. Way too obvious.

My vote goes for the admiral. The Leobens don't dick around when it comes to their religion. Further, none of the main characters (Roslin, Adamas, Starbuck, Baltar) has been outed as a Cylon yet. The admiral is a cylon and Apollo is half human.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. I only got two of the final five right so far (though I had guessed Bobby and they killed him off, but then made the new aide a Cylon so I was kinda right...)

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Okay, here's a long shot. The 12th Cylon is...................

The Batlestar Galactica herself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah just kidding. I think its The Admiral.

inishowen2000

Experimental Member
Media
Seeing how the cylon raiders refused to fire on one of their own during one of the battles, I doubt it is Apollo or Starbuck since they have battled the cyclons repreatedly. Seeing how "repentant" the number 3 (D'anna) was when she found out who the fifth cylon was, I would have to say it is a human leader, such as Admiral Adama or President Roslin, that she had felt she betrayed by fighting against the humans on their quest to find earth. Just my two cents worth. I look forward to seeing who is right.

dissolver

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
*puts nerd hat on*

I love this show too. But I have a sneaking suspicion the revelation of the final cylon will be disappointing. And probably the entire series ending. Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but generally the hype around things like this doesn't equal the payoff.

8.5x6

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's either the Admiral or the President, as has been mentioned here. It would just be too non-cliché for it NOT to be one of them. If that makes any sense.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah the more I've thought about it (too much) I keep going back to D'Anna.

Her reaction when she met the 12th was so... respectful. There's not many "humans" I could imagine her reacting that way toward, unless it was somebody like Rosalin or Adama.

If it was Starbuck or Apollo I'd think she'd register some haughtiness. Those 3s are tenacious bitches. :biggrin1:

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This show makes my inner geek want frak a toaster. Haven't missed one episode yet. I was pissed to see no episode last friday.
I love how they have interwoven a number of spiritualities into one storyline: reincarnation, monotheism, "Universe-ism," the Greek pantheon, etc.

I agree with the above, Starbuck would be too obvious. They said, I think it was after the first season, that she would definitely not be a Cylon. I wouldn't put it past them to go back on their word though.

I don't want to guess, but by process of elimination-- Adama.

I read an interesting spoiler about them using the names Adam & Eve somehow tied into repopulating Earth when they find it. Adama could fit the bill there, but I'm not sure who Eve would be. Bit of a stretch but interesting.

Number 6/ Helfer is a truly beautiful woman.

Tori embracing her Cylon-ness is very magnetic to watch.

Last edited:

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
... about them using the names Adam & Eve somehow tied into repopulating Earth when they find it.

I hadn't heard that. That would somewhat tie to my theory on the conclusion. Or at least how I would end it if I wrote it.

bbristow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
this is such a spoiler to me, as i'm a Battlestar virgin... hmmph..

but my guess would be Starbuck or Madam President.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I truly don't know where they're going with the show or who the 12th Cylon is going to be. One thing I like about the show is that most of the time you never know what they're going to do next, so guessing what's going to happen is often futile, yet most of the time I don't feel like they're just doing strange and random shit to keep the viewer guessing; I feel like I'm watching a well-planned, well-told story.

Starbuck is the obvious choice for the 12th Cylon, but as many have said, it seems too obvious. I think I'd be disappointed if it were her. But if it isn't her, they're going to have to come up with a damn good explanation for how she survived and where she got the brand-new Viper.

Seeing how the cylon raiders refused to fire on one of their own during one of the battles, I doubt it is Apollo or Starbuck since they have battled the cyclons repreatedly.

Good point, except...if I remember correctly...the raiders didn't just refuse to fire on pilots they recognized as Cylon (specifically, Sam), they refused to fire on the human fleet once they realized that the "final five" were among the humans. It could just be dumb luck that they never made "eye-contact" with Apollo or Starbuck before.

Seeing how "repentant" the number 3 (D'anna) was when she found out who the fifth cylon was, I would have to say it is a human leader, such as Admiral Adama or President Roslin, that she had felt she betrayed by fighting against the humans on their quest to find earth.

I'm not 100% sure that she was addressing the as-yet-unknown Cylon in that moment. I think she might have been addressing Col. Tigh, and her repetance was for having him tortured and gouging out his eye. But I am not certain of that. I'm sure we could imagine other possibilities of who she might have been addressing.

By the way, I do have a problem with Tigh being a Cylon. In one of the early episodes he talked about fighting in the original Cylon war. I think it's been pretty well established that the "skin jobs" hadn't been developed yet. Presumably his memories are false, like Boomer's, and he's actually much younger than he appears. But hasn't the show implied several times that Tigh and Adama had worked known and worked together for decades?

I even greater reservations about Adama being a Cylon. It doesn't seem possible that his biography could have been fabricated.

Oooh...here's an interesting idea: Maybe the last Cylon is dead. Maybe it was someone they killed. OK, not likely.

How about Tom Zarek or Felix Gaeta? Neither were treated particularly well by the Cylons on New Caprica. I can think of other reasons why both are candidates, but I won't go into it.

...I have a sneaking suspicion the revelation of the final cylon will be disappointing. And probably the entire series ending. Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but generally the hype around things like this doesn't equal the payoff.

Yes, I worry about that as well.

I read an interesting spoiler about them using the names Adam & Eve somehow tied into repopulating Earth when they find it. Adama could fit the bill there, but I'm not sure who Eve would be. Bit of a stretch but interesting.

Well, here's an interesting bit of trivia. Glen A. Larson, creator of Battlestar Galactica, had originally conceived of the show as "Adam's Ark" in the late 1960s. By the time the show got made, it had become Battlestar Galactica, and Adam had become Adama.

Enough! What I really want to see on the show is for both Sam and Apollo to dump Starbuck and hook up with each other. :biggrin1: