Battlestar Geeks: Who Is the 12th Cylon?

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Meniscus, the producers have said that the "final five" are like the other Cylon models but somehow significantly different from them. I think that's how they're making room to explain how Tigh could have fought in the original Cylon war. I'm guessing they could be the original skin jobs (after the hybrids were developed, which happened in the original Cylon war) or replacements for people captured at that time.

I agree with you that D'Anna might have felt regret at having tortured Tigh and that's why she was so repentant. I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that Tigh's wife was the twelfth and she felt bad knowing that she was killed on New Caprica.

Also, seeing Sam and Apollo go for each other would be fantastic, but if I could wedge Helo in there I would.

inishowen2000

Experimental Member
Media
Enough! What I really want to see on the show is for both Sam and Apollo to dump Starbuck and hook up with each other. :biggrin1:

Man, does everything have to involve sex.

OK, Sam doing Apollo would be so HOT. I always wanted to see Billy (Paul Campbell) and Felix (Alessandro Juliani) hook up. Maybe in a dream scene. :wink:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I've also been watching every show (from the start) and I consider it the top show on T.V. As for who?? No frakking idea, and don't even want to read everyone's guesses. Surprise me.

Media
I just hope they get to it without a great deal of tedium in the process. After that lesbian captain story line, I was frustrated. She was hateful and I was glad they killer her off.

I have soooo enjoyed this series in spite of itself at times.

I hope the delivery of the 12th Cylon is captivating the show deserves a fitting end.

This show makes my inner geek want frak a toaster. Haven't missed one episode yet. I was pissed to see no episode last friday.

Can I watch Uni? :tongue:

B_spotted_duck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
  1. Interesting that no one seems to think it's Gaius.
  2. Could it be the attorney?

Attorneys are evil.

I'm just sayin...
  3. I have thought the president had to be a cylon for some time but now I dunno. Too obvious.
  4. Likewise Starbuck-- I'm 99% sure it's not her. But I have a feeling the Starbuck we got back isn't the same Starbuck who went out. What evidence do we have that she is? As for the new viper: I've also wondered if there isn't a proper time loop involved somehow. All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again.
  5. Somehow I think we just haven't been given enough information to know, and that all the candidates we're considering are red herrings.
  6. Do we actually know what it means to "be" a cylon?
  7. I'm assuming that the 12th cylon is somehow as different from the others as the hidden four we've seen so far are different from the other seven. Otherwise #12 would have awakened at the same time as the others, the others would recognize him/her, etc.. It may be that among the dead from the previous seasons is the right place to look.
  8. Could it be Dirk Benedict? :)

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
  1. Interesting that no one seems to think it's Gaius.
  2. Could it be the attorney?

Attorneys are evil.
Well, I certainly think we're going to see more of him and that he still has some part to play in how future events are going to unfold. I did notice that they slipped him into the opening credits in a rather sinister, foreshadowing kind of way. That's an odd thing to do, don't you think, for someone who isn't a main character.

Then there's his profession as a lawyer, a vocation Lee seriously considered before going into the military, and his "coincidental" connection to Lee's grandfather, a famous Caprican attorney. He seems to have quite an influence on Lee, being able to manipulate Lee into helping defend Baltar and oppose Roslin. Later, he maniputates Lee into becoming president.

Could he have been created for that specific purpose?

As for his biography, he was orphaned at age 9 and has no long-standing human relationships that we know of. Allegedly he had a long-term relationship with a woman once, but she's no longer in the picture. Maybe because his biography is a fabrication?

Rocky14441

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
This admission will probably take away from my sexiness quotient, but I can't help who I am. .

Are you kidding, this is the sexiest show on TV! Just watching it ups you sex quotient by 20%!

The doc? Not a chance!

Think, who wasn't on the Glactica when the "music" started?

Hmmmm?

D

deleted15807

What did Model #2 (Leoben) show Starbuck on Earth when he showed her wrecked Viper? Somehow I thought he was showing her she was a cylon.

unique_exposure

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Starbuck saw her own body inside the Viper. She proved it was actually her because it had her dog tags.

Leoben, who has been her journey guide, actually got scared and ran off at the sight.

D

deleted15807

Starbuck saw her own body inside the Viper. She proved it was actually her because it had her dog tags.

Leoben, who has been her journey guide, actually got scared and ran off at the sight.

Starbuck supposedly isn't the 5th cylon though, she is "something else" or the Harbinger of Destruction

Thanks! I guess :confused:. That just leaves more questions. I hope it doesn't end with some grand explanation a.k.a. Matrix Revolutions that left everyone confused. So he took her to the Viper then got scared. Huum. Didn't he know what was already there?

unique_exposure

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In this case, no he didn't. When she mentioned the Hybrid on the base star had called her "harbinger of death" he visibly flipped.
He was fairly consistent as a guide up till then but this seems to be where they part ways. They didn't really expand on his subtext-- it was more about Kara and her reaction to it all. She ended up burning the body and hasn't mentioned it to anyone yet.

There is some kind of resurrection possibility being pointed to with the planet itself. The final 5 were all original inhabitants of this Cylon earth and were recreated to serve some kind role. The fifth, Ellen Tigh, upon destruction of earth, reminded Tigh that they would be recreated and not to fear death. How Kara's Viper would be recreated does not fit as nicely into this rather loose theory.

Another idea is that Kara entered a wormhole somewhere along the way there or back to Galactica.

Yet another possibility is they are playing off the Ships of Light/ advanced beings story arc from the original series.

Reminds me a little of Lost with all of this, I'm hoping they explain it a different way.

Yes, more questions.

D

deleted15807

In this case, no he didn't. When she mentioned the Hybrid on the base star had called her "harbinger of death" he visibly flipped.

I remember this part. So he knows something about 'The Harbinger of Death' and could that point to her being a Cylon?

She ended up burning the body and hasn't mentioned it to anyone yet.

This concerns me as well. Why did she feel she had to destroy it (evidence?).