Bavariations

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by headbang8, Apr 21, 2007.

1. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    LPSG pals,

Many of you know that I've been doing my relationship long distance for two years, now. My lover and I lived togther in Tokyo for a number of years, and when I was transferred to New York, we intended for him to join me soon thereafter. Of course, the USA doesn't recognise gay relationships for immigration purposes, and so we've struggled to get him a visa. (He's Japanese)

So, I've been looking for a job abroad. I found one. In two week's time, I'm off to Munich.

And because the EU recognises gay relationships, it's possible for him to immigrate as my spouse. In fact, since he's Japanese, he doesn't even need to be my spouse; he can get a resident's visa, no questions asked. We'll live together again, at last.

Though I'm an American citizen, I've lived much of my life abroad, and frankly, prefer it. I'll be specially happy to get out of Manhattan: I'm a light sleeper, and New York must be the garbage truck and fire-engine capital of the world.

The new job? I work in advertising, and I have to say, I could not have wished for a better position. I think it must be one of the coolest jobs on the planet, in my field.

So, M√ľnchners. Any tips? I've got a temporary apartment in Maxvorstadt, which I'm told is a pretty lively spot. Is there a good, gay-friendly commuter suburb where we might find a house and garden? Or maybe a small apartment in the city and a weekender outside--any good spots?

HB8

2. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I dunno, I was only in Munich for a day and 1/2, and never got out of the "English Garden". People were VERY friendly there. :wink:

Beautiful city though. Lucky you!

3. Onslow

Gold Member

Congratulations on the new job and Best of everything as you move forward--don't lose contact with us here though.

Leaving in 2 weeks? You'll miss the Sanitation Workers strike in July and August.

Draft saved Draft deleted