BBC "embarrassed" over Bob Marley mistake

NelsonMuntz84: £125 a year for a tv licience!!!! bunch of muppets!!! :evilgrin:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BBC has said it is "very embarrassed" after requesting an interview with the late music legend Bob Marley.

The request came in an email to the Marley Foundation asking the star to "spend one or two days with us" for a documentary about his hit song 'No Woman, No Cry.'

In the letter, the BBC explained that filming was due to take place in the summer but added: "Our schedule is flexible."

Marley died of cancer in 1981 at the age of 36.

"We are obviously very embarrassed that we didn't realise that the letter to the Marley Foundation did not acknowledge that Mr Marley is no longer with us," said a BBC spokesman today.

"Because of the volume of approaches we have sent out this was a genuine mistake when a sentence in a standard letter was overlooked. The Marley Foundation has been extremely good humoured about this and we have apologised for the error."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds20328.html

NelsonMuntz84:
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Apr 1 2005, 11:08 PM
hahaha. every time you think the bbc couldn't possibly get any more inept and time-wasting, they come up with something like this.
[post=295963]Quoted post[/post]​

This is a quote from the actual email they sent.

"The Story of No Woman No Cry" would
obviously only work with some participation
from Bob Marley himself. I would be very grateful
if you could see whether this is the kind of
project that he might be interested in... It
would only involve Bob Marley spending one or
two days with us to talk about this hit track."

:lol:

NelsonMuntz84:
Originally posted by Pecker@Apr 1 2005, 11:19 PM
Another April Fools joke?
[post=295971]Quoted post[/post]​

nope, the story was in British papers yesterday morning.

hung_big: Uhh, do british newspapers have a sense of humour? Any retractions yet? ;) I can just see it...the next day...APRIL FOOLS! :huh:

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, I think stupid reporters are universal. You should see the kinda shit going on in Rupert Murdoch's media empire.