• Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

BBC Presenter Kristian Digby found dead in apartment

nudeyorker

Cherished Member
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thats horrible. The explanation or lack of it regarding the circumstances of the death are a bit vexing.

That's a shame. I always envied his energy and stuff...always the ones you least expect.

Sad tho. :(

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Sexuality
No Response
This is upsetting news. We're are regular watchers of "To buy or not to buy" and he was a great presenter.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Bloody hell!
What the hell is going on with celebs!

It is so sad, made sadder by the other recent deaths too.

ukthickmeat

Admired Member
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Very sad.. he used to live in my city, hadn't met him but my friends who had said he was very nice..

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Premature death is always sad. For other than his family and friends we have no right to pry into the details or circumstances other than what the coroner reports. Intruding into grief seems to be so commonin the last couple of days when it is a "celebrity" If you are really sad then respect bereavement.

mattflanders

Sexy Member
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow, found dead!? Especially with the fact that his death is unexplained, it's really strange. I "hope" it was just premature natural death and not something even more horrible.

I'll miss his shows on BBC One...

Last edited:

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A bit strange really. I expect this of Primetime / after the watershed TV presenters but for the host of a lighthearted property programme this is quite unexpected.

I always preferred Homes Under The Hammer anyway. I didn't like Kristian's presenting but don't think he should be dead at 32 either.

Xcuze

Gold
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
One newspaper is suggesting his death was due to auto-erotic asphyxiation. But this is unconfirmed.

He was a great presenter. Openly gay too like Alistair Appleton another BBC daytime presenter.

RIP

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Wow this is so weird, with Steven Gately, Alexander McQueen, and now Christian Digby there seems to be a rash of premature gay celeb deaths going on. So sad, he was full of energy and a decent TV presenter.

I thought he was very watchable, and remember thinking many times how much I admired his dynamism and energy. Is a real shame.

Probably not the place for this - but I much preferred him to Alistair Appleton, who can grate a bit. :/

ukthickmeat

Admired Member
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Several papers are saying it was a sex game particularly the anti-gay daily mail. (they thing gay weddings killed the dinosaurs and caused global warming.) However I'd not read anything into it quite yet since there still has been no official word..

They are probably still informing his family of details which is why comments from official sorces are not that forthcoming..

Deno

Cherished Member
Sexuality
No Response
yet another sad death...R.I.P. Kristian....

Smartalk

Gold
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It is a sad fact Kristian has died at such a young age. The results of the postmortem turned out to be inconclusive, they are now waiting the results of tests carried out to see if they reveal the cause of death

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Why do people do this auto asphyxiation thing? I honestly don't get it

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Why do people do this auto asphyxiation thing? I honestly don't get it

In fairness Kristian Digby's death has been found to be officially unexplained by a pathologist and so far there have been no reliable reports on how he might have died.

nudeyorker

Cherished Member
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was asking irrespective.

There was a very interesting article written in Vanity Fair about 18 years ago; sadly around the same time that a close friend's son died from it. It would appear to me that there is some real sexual high coupled with a danger that people think will never happen to them.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
hasnt it got to do with the lack of oxygenated blood going to your head, making you go dizzy?

nudeyorker

Cherished Member
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
hasnt it got to do with the lack of oxygenated blood going to your head, making you go dizzy?
Of course. Those are the mechanics of it.
But how do we explain the willingness to expose oneself to this obvious danger?
Come to the edge of losing consciousness but not tumble over ... and into death?

I know I keep bangin on about this, but I really envied his joy of life, ironically. I wonder if a risk-taking element is bound up in that kind of personality, tho?

Also (although his death is still unexplained) what effect will his death have? He's been spoken of as a great example for gays, but won't this manner of death have the opposite effect...and possibly reinforce unhelpful stereotypes about gay people being hedonistic and reckless?

(Sorry if that offends anyone - just posing a question).

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know I keep bangin on about this, but I really envied his joy of life, ironically. I wonder if a risk-taking element is bound up in that kind of personality, tho?

Also (although his death is still unexplained) what effect will his death have? He's been spoken of as a great example for gays, but won't this manner of death have the opposite effect...and possibly reinforce unhelpful stereotypes about gay people being hedonistic and reckless?

(Sorry if that offends anyone - just posing a question).

Yep, that's the line the Daily Mail seems to be taking, snidely.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Yep, that's the line the Daily Mail seems to be taking, snidely.

Wouldn't you know it? Is Jan Muir taking a leading role in that little campaign of slurs based on totally unfounded rumour by any chance? :rolleyes:

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Of course. Those are the mechanics of it.
But how do we explain the willingness to expose oneself to this obvious danger?
Come to the edge of losing consciousness but not tumble over ... and into death?
Why do people take drugs? Why do people drive cars really fast?

I guess once tried, some people find the pleasure so good its worth it. People like to see how far they can go. This is just another manifestation of that.