BBC Presenter Kristian Digby found dead in apartment

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was asking irrespective.

There was a very interesting article written in Vanity Fair about 18 years ago; sadly around the same time that a close friend's son died from it. It would appear to me that there is some real sexual high coupled with a danger that people think will never happen to them.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I know I keep bangin on about this, but I really envied his joy of life, ironically. I wonder if a risk-taking element is bound up in that kind of personality, tho?

Also (although his death is still unexplained) what effect will his death have? He's been spoken of as a great example for gays, but won't this manner of death have the opposite effect...and possibly reinforce unhelpful stereotypes about gay people being hedonistic and reckless?

(Sorry if that offends anyone - just posing a question).

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know I keep bangin on about this, but I really envied his joy of life, ironically. I wonder if a risk-taking element is bound up in that kind of personality, tho?

Also (although his death is still unexplained) what effect will his death have? He's been spoken of as a great example for gays, but won't this manner of death have the opposite effect...and possibly reinforce unhelpful stereotypes about gay people being hedonistic and reckless?

(Sorry if that offends anyone - just posing a question).

Yep, that's the line the Daily Mail seems to be taking, snidely.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Of course. Those are the mechanics of it.
But how do we explain the willingness to expose oneself to this obvious danger?
Come to the edge of losing consciousness but not tumble over ... and into death?
Why do people take drugs? Why do people drive cars really fast?

I guess once tried, some people find the pleasure so good its worth it. People like to see how far they can go. This is just another manifestation of that.

Lee_Fuller79

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Sorry to ressurect an old old thread, wanted to know if anyone found out what exactly went wrong. He lived in the next street to my sisters and I heard a rumour that police wanted to question a guy he was seeing. The media interest in the case just fizzled out, sometime when I go to visit my sister think about it him. I saw him a few times outside his place. What a waste, he was such a nice guy